FAO: W36 Players

DeletedUser

Hello everyone,

I've been thinking about this since yesterday now, and it came across to me when I saw the 'No BP' setting for World 36. Without a doubt, more people will be joining W36 and it should be the better world, however, one thing which popped into my mind was this. Now although W37 was spoiled by the 500 member limit, the No BP setting might not be all good for those who believe it is. Let's say you have a premade of 40 members, and you join W36.

Now everybody has to sleep, and the likely hood is, 20 or so of your members will be offline at the same time, as it is a English/American dominated server. Now I doubt every single member will be account sat, and some don't like being account sat, so inevitably, a good portion of your members will be cleared/farmed overnight and lose the will to continue.

Many people and tribes will fall/lose a part of it's valuable members because of this.

Thoughts?

P.S. Just for the record, I wont be in W37. Myself and my tribe (Chess) are heading over to W37 to fight the odds and restore order :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

Ok i'll give you a little tip. If you can't get any1 to account sit you, but you know when you will next be back on. Send all your units on a long trip which will return back at a time when your on.

Worst thing which can happen is you lose all your resources and wall. But that's better than losing all your troops.

DeletedUser

Ok i'll give you a little tip. If you can't get any1 to account sit you, but you know when you will next be back on. Send all your units on a long trip which will return back at a time when your on.

Worst thing which can happen is you lose all your resources and wall. But that's better than losing all your troops.

You can't give out people tips when you are in Scum. :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

I'm aware of this, but knowing that you're offline for let's say atleast 8 hours, your opponents in your area will continiously be hauling a decent amount of resources of you. Over a period of 3-4 days, they will be substantially larger than you, and inevitably you will be cleared.

Then there's the problem of the odd few members forgetting/not knowing about this 'tactic'

DeletedUser

People who are wise will just loop their troops to stay out of the village whenever they're offline. Sitters aren't necessary imo, they often end up screwing up because so many people dump it on that one poor guy at the same time; he loses track, then people get mad at each other and the tribe has internal issues before anything real actually happens.

There wont be rams/cats for quite some time, so it shouldn't impact that much.

If people rush without the BP and attack active players earlier than they would have in a BP world, that would be their own foolish mistake :)

PSS: looping doesn't set you back as much as you'd think. I never had a night sitter on W29 and I was as much as 50k points ahead of second place...

/opinions, back to modding nao :3

DeletedUser

Just say on your profile ''I never sleep''...
Always works...[Sarcasim]:lol:

DeletedUser

People who are wise will just loop their troops to stay out of the village whenever they're offline. Sitters aren't necessary imo, they often end up screwing up because so many people dump it on that one poor guy at the same time; he loses track, then people get mad at each other and the tribe has internal issues before anything real actually happens.

Actually, I can relate to this.... Account sitting can be a pain sometimes. For example, on w34, me and my co-players had 8+ accounts at one time, so we had lots to do. Lol.

It all depends though, whether or not there's people stupid enough to attack with spears on the first day or two. :spear:

2hot2handle

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

MMM yes I think someone wrote a guide on this :lol:

DeletedUser

My plan is sorted for this world!

So good luck to all! but no BP, is going to rock!:icon_eek:

DeletedUser

I don't actually think the no BP thing will make too much of a difference to the average player. The awesome players who actually can rise up before BP finishes normally only clear inactive players to farm anyway. The average active player will most likely be unaffected, unless you are very unlucky and are close to a aggressive manic ;)

DeletedUser

I don't actually think the no BP thing will make too much of a difference to the average player. The awesome players who actually can rise up before BP finishes normally only clear inactive players to farm anyway. The average active player will most likely be unaffected, unless you are very unlucky and are close to a aggressive manic ;)

Oh? And if a random player sends his pally + 10 spears at you while your sleeping?

DeletedUser

Meh, they will die upon my 13 spears ;)

P.S there are no pally...I think

DeletedUser

Meh, they will die upon my 13 spears ;)

P.S there are no pally...I think

There aren't pallys, nor archers or anything .. it's the good old days, just with no BP and no Morale penalty ;)

DeletedUser

I think people are putting far too much stock in the BP setting, and not enough in the Morale setting. I feel both are a very great change, but the long-term effect on this world will be from the lack of morale. It will make a much larger game change than being able to attack a few days earlier.

Really all I see the BP change doing is making it so people can't join in the morning, queue some buildings, and then come back after their workday/school day is over and hope to come back to a nearly full village. The chances of THAT happening are pretty slim in all honesty. You'll have to join the world when you can be there for a few hours to watch the account.

DeletedUser

Sending troops out on a long journey would mean the players who are online would be able to farm nearer barbarians which would mean they will be getting more resources = Troops

The people who sent troops for four hour journeys would get fewer troops and fewer resources due to pupils farming the barbarians near them.

Actually, I can relate to this.... Account sitting can be a pain sometimes. For example, on w34, me and my co-players had 8+ accounts at one time, so we had lots to do. Lol.

It all depends though, whether or not there's people stupid enough to attack with spears on the first day or two.
clip_image001.gif

Why would you be account sitting someone when your have things to do? Sometimes you just have to do one thing at a time rather pressuring your self which may lead to tribe issues. I've also sat over 20 accounts on world 30 ask lisa.

DeletedUser

Sending troops out on a long journey would mean the players who are online would be able to farm nearer barbarians which would mean they will be getting more resources = Troops

The people who sent troops for four hour journeys would get fewer troops and fewer resources due to pupils farming the barbarians near them.

The point I was trying to make is by sending your troops out, they won't come back before your next online. So there's no chance of all your axes and lc being taken out whilst your offline.

If you send them to nearby barbs there’s a chance they may return before you get back. And if someone works out your activity pattern you’re most likely going to lose all your farming units, and have to waste days rebuilding them.

DeletedUser

Hello everyone,

I've been thinking about this since yesterday now, and it came across to me when I saw the 'No BP' setting for World 36. Without a doubt, more people will be joining W36 and it should be the better world, however, one thing which popped into my mind was this. Now although W37 was spoiled by the 500 member limit, the No BP setting might not be all good for those who believe it is. Let's say you have a premade of 40 members, and you join W36.

Now everybody has to sleep, and the likely hood is, 20 or so of your members will be offline at the same time, as it is a English/American dominated server. Now I doubt every single member will be account sat, and some don't like being account sat, so inevitably, a good portion of your members will be cleared/farmed overnight and lose the will to continue.

Many people and tribes will fall/lose a part of it's valuable members because of this.

Thoughts?

P.S. Just for the record, I wont be in W37. Myself and my tribe (Chess) are heading over to W37 to fight the odds and restore order :icon_cool:
Without a doubt more people will be joining 36? The noob's will all head over to 37 because family tribes can all be cram packed into one tribe.
And, yeah, sending your troops out overnight is easily done. Yeah, people get hauls off of you, but when you are back you still have troops to farm with and get a bigger force.

So, in effect there are three options:
1. Send troops out overnight
2. Account sitters
3. Co-players

Choose whichever suits you best and it won't be that bad.