Feedback New Quest System

Olve

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

Open feedback topic when feedback is relevant and able to be given.

Olve

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Every time you complete a quest, you get thrown out of the interface (on PC). This makes completing several quests at once, or if you didn't complete them as you went around earlygame, a chore.

ILIEKSOUP

Reaction score
Lots of extra unnecessary clicking, plus time waiting for the new graphics and interface to load everytime. Couldn't fault the old system, would much prefer it over this waste of time.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
The new system is nice, i suggest that we remove the free WH upgrade as players tend to save it for later on.

wildwang

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Going to re-iterate on a few feedback points and add my own. Not sure why I can't add my own images, but w/e.

Non-Intuitive UX:
1. Rewards tab ends up being under inventory screen in mobile screen is extremely unintuitive especially if users first use quest system on desktop.
2. Having the item in the top right suggests that the item will be a reward for completing the specific quest, but it ends up being the reward for the questline. A better way to have done this, is to show the actual questline with your progress, leading to the actual reward. Linked mock-up shows how showing progression can lead to better player clarity. Interface should also show if any of these quests give additional rewards (like a WH level, spears, swords, etc.): Mock-Up
3. Point 3 regards the quests on the left side: Current Interface. I understand the need for categories but does it really make sense to have the images so large? In addition, by default all links under a category should be default showing rather then current behavior where they are default closed. Seems like you added additional clicks due to the pop-up real estate, but this could easily be solved by making the 'categories' smaller.

Qualms I Personally Have:

1. Complete a quest,? You have to close the quest page and reload. This just seems like either the feature was hastily developed and released, or due to lazy programming. I don't have much insight into the TW code, but tracking how questlines intersect and progress should really not be that difficult unless you have spaghetti code to deal with :cool:

2. Quests just randomly appear after certain buildings are created. As a user I would like to know how I can unlock future quests and the rewards they give to know how to progress my start-up. Obviously this point won't be as relevant since future worlds will have w120 as a baseline on questlines, but it would be better to give info to the player instead of making them have to consult external sources (forum, discord, etc.)

Honestly there are a few quick wins that can be done to drastically reduce the number of clicks (point 3 comes to mind). The interface is decent, but there's still some work that needs done (feels more like a beta version than an actual production release). But overall, the interface seems to be coming along well and is a definite improvement over the previous one (change is always good).

Note I'm not a designer, but you get the general gist of my mock-ups, showing progression is key as I have no clue how far along I am in the questline (previous quest system also suffered from the same problem).

PS: Can you make the quest window ~80 pixels higher so we can see all the rewards without having to scroll :)

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
@JawJaw what is the design philosophy or intent behind the rewards in the new quest structure. I didn't see the reason why it they were changed to inventory buffs in the announcement unless I missed it?

Sir Romit

Reaction score
I don't mind it, but I would prefer a separate icon for each quest.

Where can we find all the questline trees?

If I claim all the level rewards from a building using the Claim All feature, will it warn me if I'll exceed my warehouse capacity like the old system does?
A pop-up showing how many resources you'll receive would be nice.

"For every building level achieved, receive a percentage of the resources spent on the construction."
Is the percentage the same for all building levels and type of buildings?

"Resources are given only once per construction and are given for building levels achieved through nobling."
Say I noble a village with a level 30 farm. Do I receive all the resource rewards from level 1 to level 30, or just for level 30?

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I don't mind it, but I would prefer a separate icon for each quest.

Where can we find all the questline trees?

If I claim all the level rewards from a building using the Claim All feature, will it warn me if I'll exceed my warehouse capacity like the old system does?
A pop-up showing how many resources you'll receive would be nice.

"For every building level achieved, receive a percentage of the resources spent on the construction."
Is the percentage the same for all building levels and type of buildings?

"Resources are given only once per construction and are given for building levels achieved through nobling."
Say I noble a village with a level 30 farm. Do I receive all the resource rewards from level 1 to level 30, or just for level 30?

Quest Tree's isnt published far as i know, i have asked but no response yet...

For claim all, you get a warning...
96ec8ad829f0037f70e15840f1c95cf4.png

For % its 10% of buildcost, but minimum is 150 150 100 and maximum is 2000 2000 2000

And for last thing, it should give you rewards for x-30 (x being the lvl of farm you have already built earlier)...

Sir Romit

Reaction score
Quest Tree's isnt published far as i know, i have asked but no response yet...

For claim all, you get a warning...
96ec8ad829f0037f70e15840f1c95cf4.png

For % its 10% of buildcost, but minimum is 150 150 100 and maximum is 2000 2000 2000

And for last thing, it should give you rewards for x-30 (x being the lvl of farm you have already built earlier)...
Thanks, I can plan a bit better now.