Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser656

Dear players,

We're happy to announce that world 49 will start on Thursday the 8th of April at roughly 18:00 server time.

The later start time and some of the settings (such as the attack gap) have been tweaked based on player feedback to our recent announcements and surveys.

The settings are as follows:

Speed: 1.5
Unit speed: 1
Attack gap: 33ms
No paladin
No archers
No churches
Coin based noble system
Army camps enabled
Morale will be points+time based
No bonus villages
Barbarian villages will grow to 3,000 points
15 tech system
Beginner protection will be 3 days
No fake limit
No farm limit
Tribe limit: 50
No supporting players outside of your tribe
Players can choose their starting direction

Please post your thoughts, comments or constructive criticism on these settings in this thread. This helps us plan settings for future worlds.

Last edited by a moderator:

A humble player

I am liking the settings, especially the 1.5 real troop speed.
33 ms gap is good, trains will be more difficult to snipe.
coins are (Y)
no pally, churches, *cough* are archers off as well *cough* also (Y)
big barbs :/ what is the growth speed modifier?
because you haven't set the config file correctly yet.
well, overall, I like them.

twenty-five

Speed: 1.5
Unit speed: 1

I thought you had an unwritten rule of speed x unit speed < 1?

The attack gap means 99 ms trains are legal right (4 nobles)? As you removed the 150 ms rule?

The settings look quite nice on the whole, barbs could be argued to grow a little high, really depends on their growth rate tbh.

Last edited:

A humble player

I thought you had an unwritten rule of speed x unit speed > 1?

The attack gap means 99 ms trains are legal right (4 nobles)? As you removed the 150 ms rule?

The settings look quite nice on the whole, barbs could be argued to grow a little high, really depends on their growth rate tbh.

agree completely.
If they are breaking the unwritten rule, then I now <3 inno more than usual. Maybe this is in response to the hate from the other changes.

Tyrell Wellick

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I thought you had an unwritten rule of speed x unit speed < 1?

w26 has super fast troops - 1.2x1.6. I think they just like to punish good players with slow troop speeds for most worlds. :icon_razz:

I cannot wait for this world, looks like the best world for me for quite a while. :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Love the settings! Can we have a later start time for every new world? Its perfect for me :)

DeletedUser

Thank you morthy!!! thank you!!! TW have finally got it that we cant have too early start times <3 ill be there :)

twenty-five

w26 has super fast troops - 1.2x1.6. I think they just like to punish good players with slow troop speeds for most worlds. :icon_razz:

I cannot wait for this world, looks like the best world for me for quite a while. :icon_biggrin:

The first world that rule was used on was 27, so 26 doesn't disprove the idea. :icon_razz:

It's widely accepted that that it existed though.

DeletedUser656

Unwritten rules can conveniently be forgotten at times, given that they're unwritten and all that.

DeletedUser87897

I agree with these rules

Very nice ideas for W49 but may i say that i havn't played without pali so this will be different.

I think that the idea of not being able to support people other than tribes mates is also very interesting although it has the potential to cause catastrophy between players, might cause people to regulary swap tribes to support those in need withing tribal alliances...
All in all though, i do like most of what you have put out for this new world be sides the fact that it will be starting at 18:00 server time as that translates to about 00:00 for me (midnight) which i dont particually enjoy, none the less, i think that provided the world opens on that time, i might join the server there and then and set myself up for the next day and i look forward to playing with the rest of you.

BTW, 50 tribe members is great, easy to control and will force people to consider closly their players, might cause lots of tribal branches though.

Personally on a second note, i think you should take out archers for this world, i think it would be fun :)

DeletedUser87897

Totally picked my suggestions score!

Tech 15, usually means that :icon_wink:

ive seen this but what else is not included in Tech 15? is there a page you can refure us to for those like me who are not awear of these 'Tech' terms?

R3ST@RT

love the settings only thing i would change is packets and 3 level techs...

DeletedUser

Interesting world. No support outside tribe and 50 player max... Will be interesting yes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.