Fireside Chats with Undead Billy Mays

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
UBM_LOGO_FSCS.png

Welcome traveler - Feel free to grab a seat around the fire... not that there is any escaping it where we are. So, just sit down and lets share some stories. Whatever ring of hell we landed in has been a quiet one. Maybe that is my punishment - I long for the crowds of old that would gather far and wide to hear the stories I would spin. They loved to be entertained and I loved to give it to them.

In my earthly days - I was a pitch man - product hype man - top of the food chain in my industry. In my post-earthly days I've done more of the same, but relegated to hyping oncoming wars and violence and I was one of the best. In this place I've ended up after so many years - I feel... a void, an absence of, a missing part of my soul. A chain shackled around my waist for having too much fun in the Afterlife. If it does not exist, then we must build it - if we cannot - then this place of punishment is beyond that of which I could have imagined.

I hope that you will join me for some fireside companionship. Sip drinks, play music, talk about the days passed and those to come. The fire is a place to talk rumors, brag, cry, laugh and love. As news hits our crossed paths, we will share it. As outside forces go to war, they will have our attention. We are all friends around the fire. A special thank-you and a raising of the glass to those who have tried to keep these fires going.

<3 UBM

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
UBM_FIRESIDE_QUESTION.pngWhat was your hero moment? A time in Tribal Wars that you did something worth talking about? It could have been a last ditch effort, throwing everything at an incoming train and hitting a snipe at the last second... or a decision made that turned the entire course of a war. The time you felt greatness and put a huge smile on your face for nobody around to see other than your screen?

-But Wait... There's More!-

Maybe you have not had your moment yet. If you haven't had an epic tale to brag about - what do you plan to accomplish in this game? What do you plan on accomplishing for W137 that makes the time, money, and sanity worth it?

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
wuh nice edited

While I don't think that counts as a story based on a lack of punctuation and plot, we certainly appreciate you stopping by! Now I didn't expect a rush of bodies to start talking about days past - but surely there are some good stories out there that need a canvas.

I'll tell you about my top moment:

World 66
I had started the world not knowing a lot of the players who were playing it, much like the situation I find myself in today. I joined a small tribe that looked well-organized but still immature in leadership and strategy. I did what I could to help the tribe out but ultimately was recruited by another tribe. I was very clear and communicative about the move and let leadership know they should take any necessary means to protect sensitive information from me and they declined and assured my saftey. When I made the switch with my single village to a tribe named Suit Up they sent a noble train to me.

This happens, happens on every world I'm sure. People can't always be taken at their word. It didn't matter who was in the right or in the wrong as I had an incoming train to deal with. It was fairly early world, maybe a month in so my sniping attempts were relegated to cancel snipes only which I could not seem to hit to save my life. I had one shot left, and a long shot at that one. Militia.

I am not sure I have ever called militia (outside of the training) for any reason ever so, at that time, I wasn't even sure what the process would be and it was a one-shot opportunity. It gets down to it, right before the nobles are about to land and - I click on call militia - If i remember the situation correctly, after calling for the militia then there was a confirmation(?) that I wasn't expecting, so I almost broke the mouse clicking it.

I wait for the reports to pop up - and there was no restart screen. I hit the militia snipe between nobles 2 & 3. I was pumped. As silly as it sounds, moments like that in the game made up for days, weeks, and months spent farming, sending fakes, tagging fakes, day in day out. At the time, and I have never seen any evidence to the contrary - It was and remains the first documented militia snipe in Tribal Wars. It isn't a situation that comes along often based on the restrictions of militia use so while I'm sure there are many talented players that could pull it off - it doesn't happen often.

Last edited:

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
One of my many stories...

I take you back to W39, where I was tasked with taking over an account in secret and posing as Undead Billy Mays' girlfriend to influence the creepy leader into a merge to counter the dominating top tribe of the world.

I still wear the scars.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
One of my many stories...

I take you back to W39, where I was tasked with taking over an account in secret and posing as Undead Billy Mays' girlfriend to influence the creepy leader into a merge to counter the dominating top tribe of the world.

I still wear the scars.
This one almost made the top spot for me - It is a top 3 for sure. That world was one of my favorites for declarations and actual diplomatic strategy ... with a little spycraft involved. Looking back at the PNP, the visual quality isn't quite there compared to some later works, but the actual impact was likely on par with 80 Regime posting. The W39 Countdown to war announcement was epic. There was some other world that you and I pulled a little covert op - don't remember which one, but that was fun too.

MAX-BURN

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Dam every time I want to post here something comes up. Really sad that no one's really posted anything after so much time, these forums really aren't the same as before.

Story 1
I can't recall which world exactly either world 51 or world 63. In the continent was this really fast growing player (before the times of PP Exchange), he had a good couple spies from different tribes feeding him info and then he had his sights on me........so anyway I became his "spy", he had 1 other in the tribe as he would use me to corroborate things and vice versa............however I informed the leadership about this so i was actually a double spy........we leaked info that wasn't too sensitive. Anyway I leak a fake mail to him about someone planning on attacking him and this diverts his attention, or it was fake troop counts or something but he simply accepts this info at face value. Meanwhile we had an op planned on him........he had like 5 villages while everyone in the K still only had 1 village each............. he went down like a sack of potatoes :D.......admitted to him afterwards that everything was planned and about the fake intel.............he was pissed and quit the world.

Anectdotes
1. In my younger days and first world I still remember how super elated I was at seeing my very first back time being done. It wasn't mine but a player from greece who backtimed an enemy that was attacking me. It was like magic haha.

2. My very first successful snipe attempt was on World 4, overjoyed with that, people were impressed I felt like a Hero. Oddly enough the one guy who kept bragging about sniping all the time was so shocked and surprised that I actually sniped a train, made me feel like he lied in the past about his sniping abilities.

3. One of my early worlds, someone from another enemy tribe had set me as an account sitter........i assume to sit block me, however when i logged on I noticed he had duke privs...............did I disband the tribe? Oh yes I did Haha. Some got back together alot just didn't bother to rejoin though.