Fog of war

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

samuel4699

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Hello,

I got this AWESOME idea that for a new world setting that I wish to be added.

What i’m talking about is of course, fog of war. For those of you that doesn’t know what fog of war is, allow me to explain very briefly. It’s essentially limited graphics overview, usually it means that you only have vision of our own villages (in this case) and it’s surroundings up to x fields in radio. I welcome you to do a Google search if you still dont understand.

This would for sure be a fun experiment because the usual way of playing TW involves alot of planning using the map, such as operations on enemy tribes. And knowing every tribe’s position, which with fog of war wouldnt be possible.

Additionally it could be added a ”share map information” inbetween friends and tribes.

One issue that i already thought of is that you can see the village owner when you write in the coords into your rally point. I guess it could be fixed by replacing the village owners name with displaying ”unknown” rather then the player name, unless you have map information on the village.

Let me hear what you think!
/Samuel

seroxy5

Reaction score
This sounds like a lot of fun, but I think sharing vision with the tribe should be default and not something to add. I'm curious how this would work to find a tribe also however, you'd practically have to find a premade to get into the right tribe. I think there's a lot of work implementing this in the right way, but very fun indeed!

gimily104

Reaction score
This sounds like a lot of fun, but I think sharing vision with the tribe should be default and not something to add. I'm curious how this would work to find a tribe also however, you'd practically have to find a premade to get into the right tribe. I think there's a lot of work implementing this in the right way, but very fun indeed!
On top of this, I think you should lose the vision you gained with the tribe when you leave, as people would just hop around tribes to get vision!

seroxy5

Reaction score
Yes, I think that is the intention from the start. It will be dynamic, not something you explore and then it's done, since villages can change owners as well

samuel4699

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Yes that could work aswell as an option that we have with sharing commands right now. I think however it has to be non-default to share map information with other tribes that you may be allied to.

@Gimily104 yes i would think that it would be best that you lose vision in that case.

Seven Devils

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Could you attack into the fog or only the villages you can see?

I mean, defending is already pretty op

samuel4699

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Could you attack into the fog or only the villages you can see?

I mean, defending is already pretty op
Im open to discuss the best solution to this issue. If you could the fog of war would lose a little bit of its point, But i see how it can at the same time make it easier for the defender to know Where the enemy only can hit.

Which is why i want to go back to one of the things i mentioned earlier. Sharing map info with other tribes can for sure be valuable in this case.
Maybe Add some building (WT style-ish) that can increase your radius of visibility in exchange for high population costs.

seroxy5

Reaction score
Another approach to implement this could be through the watchtower. The watchtower covers an area right now where it can see the sizes of attacks, it could also include the vision in the watchtower, the bigger watchtower the longer vision range. But maybe that would be a little weird to have it do both. But the idea of adjustable range of vision would be cool too

seroxy5

Reaction score
Haha, was already in the process of writing that but posted a minute too late