Forum rule confusion

DeletedUser

Do not open complaint topics in the forum. Any reference to IG (In Game) Bans, Ban discussion (forum or IG) or cheating is forbidden.

This is no complaint but rather clarification. Does this mean that people can not freely criticize mistakes made by a moderator either IG or on the forums? It seems to me that if a game has been paid for you are a consumer and therefore deserve a say when it comes to criticism of the people maintaining the game.

As I said, not complaining but asking for clarification with my reasoning.

DeletedUser

Mods do not share info about bans with anyone else than the person banned. Making a thread about criticizing mistakes is pretty fruitless because mods cannot defend the decision without sharing additional info. It usually turns into a onesided flamefest because of the lack of answers and pointless accusations, which basicly happened in the SWAT thread by GeneralMark as well. (I am just assuming the locking of that thread inspired this, apologies if it didn't.)

If a mod really does make mistakes than I hope there are internal protocols for it, but I very much doubt the mistaken mod will be publicly crucified, so again no public thread.

I don't have experience with being banned myself though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nothing to do with the SWAT thread being locked. I just feel that saying "Do not open complaint topics in the forum." is pretty poor censorship to cover any possible flaws in TW's system. If you pay for a game and there's an external forum you should be able to criticize in the same way that any other game is open for review. You don't see EA Games, Activision, Insominac, Valve, etc. deleting negative comments off their forums...

DeletedUser

prof wrong forum for this, a mod will never answer here =]

And the answer is in the rules, less I have misread your question.

[SPOIL]
http://forum.tribalwars.net/announcement.php?f=8
If you have a problem with the moderation of any subforum or the forum in general, please do not create a topic about it. Contact a moderator with your problem and we will either explain the reasons or do our best to solve the problem should one exist. Creating Topics only serves to increase public unrest and will not solve any problems.

If you wish to create a topic regarding moderation, please contact the relevant Mod first.[/SPOIL]

DeletedUser

This isn't about the forums though, this is about criticism of management of the game as a whole. Comments such as

Creating Topics only serves to increase public unrest and will not solve any problems.

purely exists to prove the point that they are unwilling to accept criticism, it has been blatantly stated by them that we are not allowed to criticize on the forums. That's why I am asking is this in relation to everything or just banning, etc.?

So my question remains, I do not wish to bad mouth the forum mods, I have no complaints at all for that matter but I think that if there are criticisms of the game as I know there are, a player should be able to openly discuss that flaw (not insult!) on the forums to ask others opinions and the like. As a business they should always be open to criticisms rather than asking people to submit support requests from which no one else can be aware of the issue.

If you wish to create a topic regarding moderation, please contact the relevant Mod first.

Again, another example of blocking ones opinions for others. I fail to see why constructive criticism should be contained in a private dialogue where the issue can not be dealt with properly without knowing the full extent of the issue.

DeletedUser

Prof you terrorist =p

Honestly, you can query these all you want but mods will give you the same answer, and if you do break the rules will put some shackles on you. Look how they deal with stuff in the moderation forums.

DeletedUser

That's very true. Which is another reason why myself and 2 other friends of mine will no longer purchase premium points. Paying for a service which results in essentially a "shut up" in response to any complaints isn't my idea of a good investment, lol.

Haugwarts

I agree Prof , not to mention how people that do not use premium are treated worse than people who use premium .

Criticism is a good way to know what the customer hates and is essential to improve the game .

Not to mention tribalwars players are decreasing rather than increasing , means the game is losing its reputation .

DeletedUser

We pay to play.....LOL....and rules are the rules weather we agree...like or dislike.
The mods are on here to help the game run...and I believe they are not paid. They could make mistakes, but I do know form own personal experience the rules are black and white....there is no grey in them. Therefore I got in trouble and hope not to again.. And yep...mods cant share info on any issues of players...I have asked the question in a sent in request...cause I was wondering......i have to believe what i am being told. If I dont like it...i can go kill someone or quit....I choose to go kill someone...LMAO.....:icon_twisted:

queen leda

But I guess they have to at least listen to paying customers. :) The mods are not paid but they get gifts and PA points I think.

DeletedUser

Haug its all those multis that got caught =p

Prof: So thats WHY you quit! =p

DeletedUser

So my question remains, I do not wish to bad mouth the forum mods, I have no complaints at all for that matter but I think that if there are criticisms of the game as I know there are, a player should be able to openly discuss that flaw (not insult!) on the forums to ask others opinions and the like. As a business they should always be open to criticisms rather than asking people to submit support requests from which no one else can be aware of the issue.
The only problem being 90% of that kind of topic will end up being a flame fest. No matter what your intention is there's always someone who can't keep a civil tongue and will badmouth/flame the mods/players.

That being said I do wish mods were more open about certain things. I don't want to know why certain people are banned or anything, but there's alot of grey areas.

DeletedUser

but there's alot of grey areas.

No the problem is there are no grey areas...it is black and white.....and the Mods dont deviate or explain from there.
Still if there was no wrong doing and the account was banned for any amount of time..then the accuser should lose some villas? We no that wont happen. If someone did something wrong then you are punnished...you can fight it and get an explination yourself fighting your ban and punnishment....if you win...great...you did nothing wrong...if you get 10 villas taken...they are right and you are wrong...accept punnishment......I will say it again...the rules are black and white...no grey....I dont like it....but I have to live with it....and so do the rest....:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

No the problem is there are no grey areas...it is black and white.....and the Mods dont deviate or explain from there.
Still if there was no wrong doing and the account was banned for any amount of time..then the accuser should lose some villas? We no that wont happen. If someone did something wrong then you are punnished...you can fight it and get an explination yourself fighting your ban and punnishment....if you win...great...you did nothing wrong...if you get 10 villas taken...they are right and you are wrong...accept punnishment......I will say it again...the rules are black and white...no grey....I dont like it....but I have to live with it....and so do the rest....:icon_biggrin:

Not to be agumentative but you don't like the fact that the rules are black and white. I think that is the best thing about them. The rules are written in such a way that you know easily how to not break them. Then, if you are not sure (as I have been a couple of times) you can message a mod using the ticket system and they will elaborate for you.

Grey area would create a huge amount of problems. Along with the fact that mods would then have to spend much more time deliberating between each side of an argument. I think we need to remember that the in-game mods (excluding admins, I think) are volunteers. You think you can do better - then apply for a position, simple as that.

DeletedUser

Kitch...I agree with you it is better it is Black and White....yes...Iin one instance where I did not think I did anything wrong....grey area.....in black and white I was wrong...took my punnishment and moved on...and will never do it again.....I am glad it is black and white......cause you are right....it would be too much to hear everyones opinion and then have to make judgement calls........better to have it right or wrong....mods do it just fine...and they like you dsaid do explain in black and white when you talk to them.......:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

People seem to have misunderstood what I am saying. I am not talking about the rules and I am not talking about the forum mods. I am talking about open criticism of game management. For example the way in which players are treated. I have dealt with IG admins before who have treated me like a 12 year old, with patronizing comments and sarcasm . Regardless of my age I should be treated in the same manner as any customer. TW is a business and should be treated as such as far as I'm concerned.

Again, not about mods or breaching of rules but in game management.

DeletedUser

Gotcha.....I have not had the pleasure yet of dealing with them...If I was patronized I would flip out....LOL>....especially since I am an old man...LMAO.....:) I deal with my 5 kids and enought other kids on the game....dont want to be treated like one and talked down to....I understand that frustration if that has hapened...:)

DeletedUser

Most definitely, I'm a doctor of environmental sciences in RL and to have someone speak to me as if I have a developmental problem is insulting to say the least.