Not A Bug Friendship Bonus

Leandruz

Reaction score
Hey everyone, i'm brazilian player and fan of the .NET community haha

Well, i posted this on the BR forum, but i didn't get any response from the team or other members. I don't know if anyone here has reported this or you already know and can help me.

A my tribe player has activated the friendship bonus. The bonus, as shown below, is now giving 12% speed to the troops sent to the player.

1588198250675.png

(in PT-BR, sorry!)

When activating the bonus, sites like TWStats or FXUtility no longer set the exact time for troops to send/arrive (as there is interference from the bonus).

With that in mind, i extracted all the support planning for that player and added it to a spreadsheet.

I did two silly calculations:

1st: I took the Standard Travel Time of the Troops (that is, without the reduction) and multiplied the time by 0.12, thus having the time that the bonus would reduce.

2nd: With this, I added to the standard shipping time (without the reduction) the reduction time I received when making the previous formula.

Example:

Travel Time (default)​
Shipping Time (default)​
Reduced Time​
New Shipping Time​
13:15:15​
17:45:46​
01:35:26​
19:21:12​

However, i realized that the travel time (with the calculated reduction) did not match what the game reported, so there was a discrepancy of a few minutes to send the game's attack with the spreadsheet.

I pulled the time information for sending, from within the game, to the spreadsheet and made a rule of three:

Reduced Travel Time (in game) * 100 / Standard Travel Time (in game) = X

The result was a 10.71% reduction in travel time and not a 12% reduction, as shown in the tribe's bonus.

In addition, i expanded the calculation to several different Travel Time sizes and we have a variation of up to 0.0027 p.p between a 15h and a 3h command.

Is there any other factor that interferes with this bonus?

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Flag / bonus factors are calculated as per following:
1 - 1 / flagbonus , which translates to 1 - 1 / 1.12 => 0.10714285714 , which is the 10.71 you have received.

Please note that "troops will walk 12% faster" is NOT equal to "travel time takes 12% less". It's a common misunderstanding. So while the flag makes you travel 12% faster, this will only reduce the travel time by 10%

I hope that helps!