Geico V Random

Status
Not open for further replies.

twenty-five

Thank you Tom. Now allow me to explain:

1) I am constantly getting pestered by people asking me for my age in TW. Yes, that happens when you screw around as much I do on Skype :icon_wink:

Bull. I don't know why you would pretend to be younger than you are?

2) I didn't want to give away my real age on an internet game for no valid reason. After saying "I'd rather not tell you" a few times, people would still continue asking. So I just made up an age. Anyone who asked me afterwars immediately got an answer of me being 14. Then my birthday came, and I said I was 15.

Bull#2

IRC whois said:
jax010 is ~andylin94@c-71-197-182-221.hsd1.wa.comcast.net (Andy Lin)
jax010 is in the following rooms: +tribalwars
jax010 is using the server *.quakenet.org (QuakeNet IRC Server)
jax010 signed on at 21/08/2009 21:17:07, and has been idle 51 seconds

See the 94? That would put you at 14/15.

3) Then, when the time came, I decided I wanted to apply for a mod. Of course, a mod application is an actual serious responsibility (A valid reason), and so I gave my real age. Which is 2 years older than the "fake age" I give out to people who ask.

If is truly a fake age, why did you put it in " 's, that's normally done to show a fabrication.

Yes, you are right in saying I lied to some people on TW about my age. That is true. Obviously wanting internet privacy is a serious character flaw. :icon_rolleyes:

Why claim to be younger?

However, I really don't see why tom being able to prove that I lied about this has much to do with refuting my argument that stretching facts is the same as lying.

Actually you were saying nuke hasn't got to listen to the guy for lying, so when you lie I haven't got to listen to you?

Furthermore, I started getting people who I gave my "fake age" to asking me "Hey, aren't you too young to be a mod?" To which I would have to explain the entire situation over again. So, in order to avoid more complications in the future, I simply decided to simply drop the illusion, and went back to edit any significant posts/threads I made that I could find that would to something that would better clarify my age. Of course if there was a way to avoid giving it out, but still not give people the wrong number, I would use it. So I editted that thread in which you screenshotted to make it seem like a joke. I don't give away my age, and I don't confuse people. Win win. Of course, because of this post that is for naught.

But really, congrats Tom, you have revealed....my age. Great PnP. 5/5. [/color]

If you truly went back to edit to show you were 17, why not change it to 17, not '2) My age? You can just stop asking. Its 14. No its 8. Gtfo'. Actually I've shown you to be a liar. Seems like you are bending it in circles. It doesn't clarify your age, it shows you to be avoiding giving your age, rather than clarifying. Just seen some bull crap I missed, why not give it out?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

No offense to a fellow freedom fighter from World 9 jax, but for a forum moderator this topic seems very derailed by you and your opponents.

And to add to the derailèdness of this thread I will comment to this:

sorry for the double post but I found this interesting.

from the forums of the great tribe 82nd:

Title: Help Random
Question: Help Random by going to war with Lowkey in the North, and Geico in the South
Choice 1: Yes
11 Votes (100,00%)
Choice 2: No
(0,00%)

Sithmeister on 18.08. at 19:46 Quote Edit Delete
Whatever brings down that little ******* Nuke, I'm up for it.

I guess random has some help. I enjoy your forums 82nd, some nice information you have there. O and I see how close you guys are now sith, your members are so loyal(replying to a comment about that Geico doesn't have anyone as loyal as 82nd members. EI, careful who you hand accounts out to.

Interestingly enough Lowkey itself was about to go to war with 82nd until I may have accidentally learned that it was about to. Lowkey then waited three days to prepare but then called it off due to the information leak. I never even told 82nd, though I guess it turns out now I should have.

Oh, and best of luck to both tribes.

DeletedUser

Bull#2

See the 94? That would put you at 14/15.

If is truly a fake age, why did you put it in " 's, that's normally done to show a fabrication.

Why claim to be younger?

Actually you were saying nuke hasn't got to listen to the guy for lying, so when you lie I haven't got to listen to you?

If you truly went back to edit to show you were 17, why not change it to 17, not '2) My age? You can just stop asking. Its 14. No its 8. Gtfo'. Actually I've shown you to be a liar. Seems like you are bending it in circles. It doesn't clarify your age, it shows you to be avoiding giving your age, rather than clarifying. Just seen some bull crap I missed, why not give it out?

No particular reason? Younger seems easier, I suppose. Why would I pretend to be older? :icon_biggrin:

And tom, I never said you had to listen to me. Block me if you want. :icon_neutral:

And the others, I answered in our skype convo. Truth3w3 is right that we are derailing this thread. Not to mention discussing this here is: you guessed it, the wrong place. If you truly believe I lied to the entire TW staff about my age because I told you a different one on my birthday, then bring it to an Elder Mod. Typhlosionrulez is our local one.

Last edited by a moderator:

twenty-five

No particular reason? Younger seems easier, I suppose. Why would I pretend to be older? :icon_biggrin:

And tom, I never said you had to listen to me. Block me if you want. :icon_neutral:

Because pretending to be older stops you having to pretend to be younger.

And the others, I answered in our skype convo. Truth3w3 is right that we are derailing this thread. Not to mention discussing this here is: you guessed it, the wrong place. If you truly believe I lied to the entire TW staff about my age because I told you a different one on my birthday, then bring it to an Elder Mod. Typhlosionrulez is our local one.

Answered them, that's a load of crap. I would take it to him... but I'm too lazy...

As for your point about it being the wrong place, as a mod. Shouldn't you make the effort to be quiet. After mods are supposed to set an example. You told everyone a different one. You've lied to the entirety of TW, or the staff. In other words, your word means nothing. :icon_neutral:

mattcurr

You've lied to the entirety of TW, or the staff. In other words, your word means nothing. :icon_neutral:

Because one moment of indiscretion is the ultimate display of a mans character...

Your clouding the issues with facts in an attempt to demonize a person instead of engaging in actual debate, and P&P.

DeletedUser

Because one moment of indiscretion is the ultimate display of a mans character...

Not to be embroiled in this, but I'm pretty sure its not a momentary decision.

If he is :

• Lying to the TW forum - then its not a momentary thing at all. He's been lying about his age constantly for a matter of months.
  • Lying in his mod application - then yes it is a momentary indiscretion, However, its a momentary indescretion that has these repurcussions

mattcurr

Not to be embroiled in this, but I'm pretty sure its not a momentary decision.

If he is :

• Lying to the TW forum - then its not a momentary thing at all. He's been lying about his age constantly for a matter of months.
  • Lying in his mod application - then yes it is a momentary indiscretion, However, its a momentary indescretion that has these repurcussions

We already went through this discussion, but if you haven't noticed I can't not have the last word ever :icon_wink:

You are taking this event, expanding it, and using it as a cytologist for demonizing the opposition without actually engaging in intelligent debate about the real issues at hand.

DeletedUser

We already went through this discussion, but if you haven't noticed I can't not have the last word ever :icon_wink:

You are taking this event, expanding it, and using it as a cytologist for demonizing the opposition without actually engaging in intelligent debate about the real issues at hand.

I already told you matt, when theres a new update on the war, we'll move back to discussing matters more relevant to the war.

For now, we're discussing a fringe issue for lack of anything better to talk about.

And on that issue, 25 has his side of the matter nailed down quite tight.
If I were unbiased (and of course I'm not) I'm pretty sure I'd buy his half of the story.
Your only argument is that there shouldn't be an argument.

twenty-five

Your clouding the issues with facts in an attempt to demonize a person instead of engaging in actual debate, and P&P.

If I understand that shizzle, I'd reply.

Now seriously, Jax has at the least seriousness of his lying, lied to hundreds of people who visit the TW fora daily, he claimed in a post with 1,300 views that he was 14. He has since changed this and started to claim he is indeed 17. He has maintained this charade for many months with many people who could consider him an internet friend. Remember this is the least serious-ness of his lying, and nuke911 had the audacity to claim that Certified Gangstas. a Random player had no morals and used this to put him down, this was over skype btw. Here Jax010 has no morals and is therefore proven to be by his own duke not very worthy. Relating to the war at hand, in other words, nuke wouldn't like his own member, what does this say about nuke's tribe?

Anyway on the other end of the scale, he has broken the rules set down, he has lied about his age to gain something for himself, he has also proceeded to lie about his real age to every one else. He has proceeded this charade on these fora. Therefore it is not momentary, if it was he was would he not have admitted to it later. When he got the position.

So at both ends Jax has made some serious judgement errors, one of which is undeniable, and this begs some serious questions about him. He claims he didn't want to keep telling people his age was secret, but why lie? Because it saves him time, probably, is this a suitable reason for lying to your friends? In my opinion not.

DeletedUser

Even still, say a nub comes along and tells you hes got some serious experience. You believe it, but then 2 weeks later you find out it was all a lie. Would you honestly believe anything he says thereafter? Or would you consider him just another e-fake?
This started all because jax accused others (sith) of lying, something he seems to feel very strongly about. When all this time, he has been a lier himself and therefore somewhat of a hypocrite. I didn't want to get into this but I felt I have to since I have encountered too many of these people in my days.

Edit: Yeah, this took me a while to write, so there were other responses :(

mattcurr

Your only argument is that there shouldn't be an argument.

Yea but I said it in an awesome/sexy way:icon_wink:

You other two missed my meaning already covered a response to you :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Even still, say a nub comes along and tells you hes got some serious experience. You believe it, but then 2 weeks later you find out it was all a lie. Would you honestly believe anything he says thereafter? Or would you consider him just another e-fake?

This started all because jax accused others (sith) of lying, something he seems to feel very strongly about. When all this time, he has been a lier himself and therefore somewhat of a hypocrite. I didn't want to get into this but I felt I have to since I have encountered too many of these people in my days.

Edit: Yeah, this took me a while to write, so there were other responses :(

Thing is, my earlier post is not entirely about lying. It is pointing out that "Exaggerating the situation" on a fact is no different from lying. And lying about ingame statistics generally means your argument is null. Maybe lying about my age to others in TW does relate it, and maybe that makes me a hypocrite. But even if the person giving the statement is a hypocrite, it doesn't mean the statement isn't true. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Thing is, my earlier post is not entirely about lying. It is pointing out that "Exaggerating the situation" on a fact is no different from lying. And lying about ingame statistics generally means your argument is null. Maybe lying about my age to others in TW does relate it, and maybe that makes me a hypocrite. But even if the person giving the statement is a hypocrite, it doesn't mean the statement isn't true. :icon_wink:

Funny how you avoid my reply.

Your just full of shit.. Get the hell out of the forums and go somewhere else where people might actually believe your crap. Btw, W9 belongs to DNS, everyone knows that.. Ex-w9'ers don't lie, unless they are adolescent that is :)

I overexaggerated to make a point, which is FAR from lying. I never said it was written in stone. You on the other hand tried, and failed in making everyone except yourself and Nuke look bad. Why are you a moderator at all? Is lying something that the TW mods are required to do these days?

Oh btw Matt, feeling the need to lie just once on something as lame as the tribal wars forums really does say something about a mans (in this case childs) character.. If this was a singular situation from real life, it might not have had such an impact on the united decisions, but here it does, because lying here would simply make you a dumbass.

Telling the truth might gain you everything, lying will gain you nothing.

DeletedUser

Funny how you avoid my reply.

Your just full of shit.. Get the hell out of the forums and go somewhere else where people might actually believe your crap. Btw, W9 belongs to DNS, everyone knows that.. Ex-w9'ers don't lie, unless they are adolescent that is :)

I overexaggerated to make a point, which is FAR from lying. I never said it was written in stone. You on the other hand tried, and failed in making everyone except yourself and Nuke look bad. Why are you a moderator at all? Is lying something that the TW mods are required to do these days?

Oh btw Matt, feeling the need to lie just once on something as lame as the tribal wars forums really does say something about a mans (in this case childs) character.. If this was a singular situation from real life, it might not have had such an impact on the united decisions, but here it does, because lying here would simply make you a dumbass.

Telling the truth might gain you everything, lying will gain you nothing.

I'd take lies over your personal insults :icon_rolleyes: You seem mad. Quoting you, why exactly is someone lying on:

"something as lame as the tribal wars forums"

provoking such an emotional response from you? Its really a simple case, I don't see why I should give out my real age just because people on TW want me too. I got tired of replying to your posts simply because they were so emotion packed and not worth arguing, so I didn't. Sue me.

Finally, you sound certain that I am a child. Then why exactly are you flaming me from the basis of an adult, expecting me to watch every word I say and tell complete truths? That's not something you expect of a child. I wonder if you truly believe that I am a child, or you are just saying that to show support for Random. If not, then act like it.

DeletedUser

I am going to make the most possible sense seeing as how I am highly drugged on pain killers. I am not judging you and flame you as a person since I've never held an actual conversation with you. Just trying to make some sense out of whats being said. although I lost my train of thought numerous times and feel like Im forgetting something...
That doesn't mean its justified. No matter how you put it, you can not change fact. Fact is, he never sat another account for 2.5 months. Taking something that is not fact, and stating it like fact is not called "over exaggerating to make a point". You only need one word to define it.

"Lying".
Suppose you really are lying, which I'm sure most of the people reading this think you are, when you state you are 17, not 15, in your other post, you state it as a fact. There is no possible way that is or can be opinion. That means you are either lying by saying you are 17 or saying you are 15. As you say, you are not over exaggerating to make a point, you are just lying. If you are telling the truth, you have some seriously wack judgement since most people rag on teenagers under the age of 15, because lets face it, most teenagers do some weird shiznit :p

If this is truly how you make your arguments, by lying; then why wouldn't Nuke question the validity of your points? Why wouldn't he block you? He doesn't need to argue to win an argument with you. He wins the moment you lie. No matter the strength of your argument or the weight of your opinion, you've lost everything you built with your statement the moment you start spouting fluff instead of facts.

So does this mean everytime you talk to a friend under the impression you are 15, you lose in some way or another? Arguing is just another form of conversation, after all. And here, you are saying if you lie, things that you are credited to, everything you say is wrong, no matter if you have told the truth. i.e. say you are 15 and you lied about being 17, however you may still prefer your age to be private. The point is, should people not believe what you say anymore because you made one lie? By human nature, most people are going to discredit you because of a lie, especially one so personal.

it means something that is absolutely and undeniably true, and can be backed up with irrefutable evidence. Its a noun. You are not above them. You are not justifying your act of making up or stretching facts just by saying you are doing it. You. Are. Lying.

With all of this being said... You are unable to back up your age with evidence, are you lying? Does this mean you are no better than the guy you were just trying to flame (or whatever the hell you were trying to say to sith) a few hours ago? Either way, you have stretched the truth to someone, and therefore I quote you here: "You. Are. Lying" And if thats not bad, if you're 15, you've lied twice to try to get yourself out of the first. You have not justified your actions of lying. If you call that post earlier your excuse, I suggest you come up with a better one to tell people.

The only facts here are 1) you cannot be both 17 and 15, and 2) You lied to someone. So... Do you feel like you're eating your own words yet? T
hat is why you are a hypocrite.

Maybe lying about my age to others in TW does relate it, and maybe that makes me a hypocrite. But even if the person giving the statement is a hypocrite, it doesn't mean the statement isn't true. :icon_wink:
Oh yeah, Im a bit of in a rush, but I have no idea if this was directed at calling me a hypocrite or not, but firstly, I don't even post enough info in the forums to be a hypocrite of anything; and 2nd, there is a difference between me and you: I don't lie to my friends, because I do believe people deserve better than that. And one day when I send a beer to one of them, they'll know they haven't been goofing off with some 14 year old pretending to be someone else.

Well, I've got alot to do with the rest of my day.

DeletedUser

Why claim to be younger?

I claimed to be 4 in the start of the world.

Turns out 4 is the youngest TW allows you to set your age to.

So, yeah. I pretended to be younger too.

Now my profile says 14.

I don't know. We just do it. Stop picking minor details and calling people a liar.

I lied too. Someone lied on the internet? Twisting the truth can be called lying. PnP is giving a biased view of the truth. So who be the liar now?

Edit: If you believed he was 14, or any age anyone gives to any non-official person, you deserve being fooled. Stop *****ing about it. Oh noes, he lied to you. He must have not cared about you at all or enough to tell you his real age.

DeletedUser

Edit: If you believed he was 14, or any age anyone gives to any non-official person, you deserve being fooled. Stop *****ing about it. Oh noes, he lied to you. He must have not cared about you at all or enough to tell you his real age.
I wouldn't expect you to know how TW friendships work. If thewall4588 were to log on tommorrow and tell me he was actually a 13 year old girl (which I know for a fact is not true) I would find him, drive to his house and slap him silly :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

I wouldn't expect you to know how TW friendships work. If thewall4588 were to log on tommorrow and tell me he was actually a 13 year old girl (which I know for a fact is not true) I would find him, drive to his house and slap him silly :icon_eek:

Then he cares about his relationship with you.

This person obviously didn't at the time he said he was 14.

Edit: The 2nd line refers to whomever he DID have the conversation with. Some people don't comprehend these days.

DeletedUser

People don't read these days, do they. I clearly stated in my post that I've never held an actual conversation with him :icon_rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.