Generate World Maps (Dominance, Top Tribes)

DeletedUser

Well this sucks...I'd like to thank you Tyrsis for providing what can only be described as the greatest revalation in TW since twstats.

But now it seems W8 has quite the problem, my free photoshop ran out rescently...and b00k isn't playing W8 anymore...Sari it seems is now the only map-maker on W8...

there are map makers in training :| ..

DeletedUser

Maybe I'll give it a try, can't be hard, made art for an other game once...

DeletedUser

Can you make again that kind of Map but the Map will be more updated?. :) thanks.

DeletedUser

That map was updated every day. If you read through the thread though you'll see Tyrsis turned off the daily update in protest over a lack of action against cheats IIRC. Sorry this service is closed.

DeletedUser

But the on the top of the MAP it's saying that it was made last 7/7/2008. its already 7/17/2008.

DeletedUser

But the on the top of the MAP it's saying that it was made last 7/7/2008. its already 7/17/2008.

Did you read my post?? Read the bold part. :icon_razz:

That map was updated every day. If you read through the thread though you'll see Tyrsis turned off the daily update in protest over a lack of action against cheats IIRC. Sorry this service is closed.

DeletedUser

KNT/C (KNT family) hit over 1 million in K3 over the last day or so. I take it this is no longer being updated?

pyronixcore

KNT/C (KNT family) hit over 1 million in K3 over the last day or so. I take it this is no longer being updated?

No my slayer loving friend, the map maker quit and stopped generating because of personal issues with how certain players were punished. Not related to fear, but a different incident altogether.

DeletedUser

aww :( I had wondered why this had dissapeared untill recent :( I used to use it daily to see what was going on as part of my checks. Guess I'll just have to create my own top 20 maps...

DeletedUser

Any way you slice it, Tyrsis' generated world maps have put the chronicling of World 8's history through maps into a major rut. You basically see a gap of a month or two because people largely began to rely on this thing. We're lucky we have so many people now volunteering maps in its stead; I don't think other older worlds are getting as lucky. :icon_confused:

!V! ak !V!

Any chance that these maps will get back to updating daily anytime soon?

DeletedUser

hhind and I are working on a way to generate the dominance such that it can be put over the top of a map.

He's gotten it to generate into table format already, but I'm going to convince him to use div tags and change the font+font size so that I can screen cap it and paste it on a map (so it will look decent).

It won't be automatically generating the full image, that can come later - one step at a time.

Just bare with us for a few weeks and we'll get it up and running - we should even be able to generate maps of any time-frame that appeared on the graph that I posted a few weeks ago.

No promises, but we (hhind more than I) are trying.

DeletedUser29531

Is there anyway the last 5 day thing can be updated? I wont to see Fear lose ther villages then get them back.

DeletedUser

Nope, the person who used to do these maps stopped in protest over something. I don't know if he quit TW alltogether, or just the mapmaking. There is talk of new mapmakers for this world.

DeletedUser

Nope, the person who used to do these maps stopped in protest over something. I don't know if he quit TW alltogether, or just the mapmaking. There is talk of new mapmakers for this world.

think he left the game :(

DeletedUser

hhind and I are working on a way to generate the dominance such that it can be put over the top of a map.

He's gotten it to generate into table format already, but I'm going to convince him to use div tags and change the font+font size so that I can screen cap it and paste it on a map (so it will look decent).

It won't be automatically generating the full image, that can come later - one step at a time.

Just bare with us for a few weeks and we'll get it up and running - we should even be able to generate maps of any time-frame that appeared on the graph that I posted a few weeks ago.

No promises, but we (hhind more than I) are trying.

You guys better hurry up before KNT steals your thunder. We use more complicated systems than this every day.