Getting cleared

• Thread starter DeletedUser33413
  • Start date

DeletedUser33413

So upon getting cleared due to lack of concentration:icon_rolleyes: (not really I is just noob)

I am left with a decision to make regarding what my next moves should be considering that i am now being farmed at regular intervals, aside from the general - dodge, rebuild spend resources, dodge resources of course.

1) I could continue my previous plan of action - to go mainly offensive, rush LC and get some awesome imports from my kind neighbours to add to my trust fund:icon_cool:

2) Go for a mixture of off/def first to secure some basic farming again, and then to deal with my attacker (having dodged all of his farming attempts at every corner hopefully) by moving my defence in front of his attacks, then backtime.

3) Or just simply turtle.

Obviously i am looking for a bit of advice on the subject as i cant frankly make my mind up (although the turtle bit seems like a worse answer the more i look at it, [roughly about 3 minutes now:icon_eek:])

However i dont think i have ever seen any guides or even advice handed out to new players on the forums or within tribes that i have been in other than simply restart - its easier on the rim!

There are positives and negatives to all of these things, done well i would guess the offense route is the one to take but then you have to weigh that up against activity - is it worth the risk for example.

splitting is slow and will put you behind - but you can get some basic farming in with spears if you are forced to, the only issue will be clearing the players around you in the future as you will be proportionally more defencive.

And we all know about turtles.

So yeah does anybody have any suggestions/contradictions or comments? *steps of the stool*

DeletedUser

Build 100 spears or so, kill a ton of LC, and make him give up on attacking you. (Swords if he is attacking with Axes). And assuming he isnt sending rams obviously up your walls. Or you could hurry out only axemen(and LC if you can afford 2 queues) and just backtime him. I doubt he will appreciate it.

DeletedUser

u seem to have ur basics covered.. u should be able to figure it out urself..
if u are highly active go for offence.. that is if u can spare alot of time to the game... if u are sleeping for 7 hours then send your troops out for that long and make sure u keep to your schedule
if u dont have the kind dedication to put in... but can be active option 2 is good for ya
otherwise... wat other choice would u have but to turtle

DeletedUser

Settings - Start over.

Very insightful response, to the post that says "aside from restarting." My guess is...he has already thought about that, but for some reason wanted to try something different...

Though as a player that has had to put up with people NOT restarting once cleared, it is quite frustrating, and unless done correctly, pretty much pointless. You will most likely end up harrassing the other player a bit and then finally giving up. Seems to me if you were to play the amount required to come back well, you may as well start a new village.

DeletedUser

Try to time some support from your tribe. and welcome the troops of the farmer. upgrade wall and hiding place.. in the meanwhile build some offence to farm..

DeletedUser

Personally i feel at this stage your best move once being cleared would be to restart. It is difficult to bounce back from that, especially if you are being farmed routinely. Its not like you are too big anyway, im sure you could catch back up in a few days. Much quicker then you would if you chose to not restart.

Try to time some support from your tribe. and welcome the troops of the farmer. upgrade wall and hiding place.. in the meanwhile build some offence to farm..

That would probably be a very good idea.

DeletedUser

Personally i feel at this stage your best move once being cleared would be to restart. It is difficult to bounce back from that, especially if you are being farmed routinely. Its not like you are too big anyway, im sure you could catch back up in a few days. Much quicker then you would if you chose to not restart.

I agree, and thats why all the guides say to do so, but it IS something to do...another part of the game that hopefully you only experience once, and if you do may as well see what happens.

But like I said, out of respect for the person that beat you, it is courtesy to restart this early.

greenmonsta

I like how you have a 2008 forum account, and only now are asking for advice.

DeletedUser

Depends.
what you should consider are these:

-the players farming you, are they "lucky nubs" that just cleared you or are the exp players?
-what are your online timeframe?
-are you covered when you are offline (sitter dodging for you)
-can you get enough res send to you from your kind naighbours (you would have to use the market to trade 1 to 2 ratio, so it´s a semi slow process)

if you cant dodge everything and make then take no res at all, then I´ll agree on a restart.

but, you could also use this to try out your ability to "get on top"

actually, I´m at the same page as you, I have some nubs clsoe by that tries to farm me all the time. most have stopped, after a few "zero takes" as it´s a waste of time. so if the farmruns are def troops, then I would stay in the area, make 50-100-200 def troops (depending on the troop count, use rallypoint simmulator to get your numbers right)
then go all O.

if you have someone farming you with only O troops and you dont think they have any D, then you could go swords vs axe, spear vs LV or pure O to backtime.

DeletedUser33413

I like how you have a 2008 forum account, and only now are asking for advice.

haha true that, ive never really wanted to ask tbh. I just figured i would see what everyone thought, normally i would restart but i didnt want to give him the satisfaction tbh.

And im better mid game, i am no good at startup at all so im just trying out some new things really.

My tribe will obivously be able to help a lot but it still wont help with the whole getting back on me feet bit - removing this threat yes but i will still be behind. Hence why we have got a few ideas in tribe and why i decided to see what everyone else on here thought as well.

the guy attacking claims to be experience - you know one of those guys:icon_rolleyes:

My plan is to stick it out anyway i can get a fair amount of troops created in 24 hours as it is. Nice to get some feedback =D

DeletedUser

Maybe go for a backtime. If your tribe will help you with support, i would try that.

greenmonsta

I usually get attacked early on by some noob who doesn't realise who he's messing with until I backtime him with cats. Yeah, I go for cats early. Yeah, I'll probably have them soon.

GG, K55

DeletedUser

I usually get attacked early on by some noob who doesn't realise who he's messing with until I backtime him with cats. Yeah, I go for cats early. Yeah, I'll probably have them soon.

GG, K55

Wow, you backtime with cats? Thats pretty sick, bro, especially against LC.