Goodbye

DeletedUser

I have a rule: I never trust people that have real life problems at the exact moment they come under attack. Of course it is possible but highly unlikely. Anyway, I apologise to Tatisan if he really has a problem and wish him the best either way.

Wow... I am sorry, but maybe you need to take a step back from the game a bit if your actually going to throw doubt on Tatisan in anyway. I find this post plain distasteful and unnecessary.

Sorry to hear about your loss Tatisan I went through something similar last summer, nothing anyone can say will make it better, just stay strong.

DeletedUser

Mate, it's been a pleasure to have played this game with you over 2 worlds. I wish you all the best and my prayers are with you, your family and friends.

dwin

DeletedUser

You are still legend in one world, and a highly respected player in another. It has been my pleasure to have known you in both. My best wishes for you in all you do.

Gicusan

I said what I said. I could not know if it was true or not. I was on very friendly terms with him myself. I am just tired of many who use this kind of escuses. Again,, I apologise if it happens to be true. And it looks that way.

Sorry tatisan, my post was not especialy targeted on you.

spleen mage

Sorry, I do agree with Gicusan here, after the "Soxfan incident" on W3, and then hearing many other "1337 leaders" quit for such reasons when things are looking bad (Kebabe, anyone?).

Not saying that I don't believe you, and I'm sorry for your loss if it is the case. I'v just seen it way too many times to take anything at face value these days, sadly.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Wow... I am sorry, but maybe you need to take a step back from the game a bit if your actually going to throw doubt on Tatisan in anyway. I find this post plain distasteful and unnecessary.

I must disagree that Gicusan's statement was tasteless. He is making a valid point by offering his condolences on the condition that it is, in fact, true. His statement was not intended to discredit, nor offend.

It is a common act on this game to make up stories either to get out of social and in-game circumstances, or as a prank; one that I've seen a few times already. If I am correct, there was even a time on World 3 when a person allegedly faked "her" own death, though there was some solid evidence to disprove it was true.

Therefore, I must once more state that if a person is claiming such horrendous things, and are in fact leaving the game, either for good or for an extensive amount of time, it is my thought that they deserve the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise, I would share Gicu's approach.

spleen mage

It is a common act on this game to make up stories either to get out of social and in-game circumstances, or as a prank; one that I've seen a few times already. If I am correct, there was even a time on World 3 when a person allegedly faked "her" own death, though there was some solid evidence to disprove it was true.

Pretty much; "She" turned out to be a few 13 year old boys, who thought it would be a laugh.

Lets just say, we didn't leave their account alive for long after that...

DeletedUser

You have to remember that this is the Internet Stiki, a virtual world where anyone can be anyone/anything they desire to be. Unfortunately some people wish to be sick idiots, creating circumstances where they inflict virtual pain on others.

I'm sure this is not the case here, but we should not be surprised when people, who have seen similar circumstances created with the sole purpose of conning people, voice some doubt.

All that said, I wish you, tatisan, well for the future.

DeletedUser

My comment was to the effect that maybe you just give them the benefit of the doubt... you cant let one bad apple ruin the bunch so to speak.

tatisan

i dont need to invent reasons for leaving the game. i had a great war in w22 and my tribe lost it after 3 months of hard battles. it happened that we were attacked the exact same day i left for a one week sky vacation. so i lost 10 vills while away but took 50 when i came back. in the end i quit that world for a very specific reason: my tribe lost the war and i did not wanted to play anymore or to join the tribe that defeated us (though they kept asking me to reconsider even after two months). that was 9 months of work and 3.5M account.

i do understand the doubts people might have. i know how it is when people become unavailable when a war starts. it was part of why my tribe lost the war in w22. the other (bigger) part was that the tribe we were fighting was damn good.

some of you here got me wrong here. the tragedy IS REAL. however its not the end of the world. it just puts life into perspective. i am one of the lucky people that have a full life outside "this silly game" (CShypley quoted). i have other projects that i have postponed because of this addictive game. i've started this thread not to ask for sympathy nor to hide for a war. i did it because i know of many people that just left without saying a word and even worse deleting the account or not finding the time to set another duke on their way out.

however i completely dislike the fact that people are trying to win points on threads like this. i have learned not to have great expectations from peoples but i expected Gicusan to first confirm this in private with me since we are from the same country and we share a great deal of skype conversations. Instead he acted like the ignorant and arrogant prick i suspected him to be from the time i had first contact with him and his tribe (right after i lost my w22 war).

Deleted User - 2282801

Good luck in RL and I hope you enjoy your projects (whatever they may be) .... please do us all a favour and live a little life for all of us addicts, still left here in TW land :lol:

P.S. Well said :icon_wink:

fanbubub

And tbh, who actually cares why someone quits? It's a game for god sake (excuse the blasphemy).. If he wants to quit, he'll just up and quit. Making up an excuse to quit a fictional game is a ridiculous even to suggest.

Gicusan

i dont need to invent reasons for leaving the game. i had a great war in w22 and my tribe lost it after 3 months of hard battles. it happened that we were attacked the exact same day i left for a one week sky vacation. so i lost 10 vills while away but took 50 when i came back. in the end i quit that world for a very specific reason: my tribe lost the war and i did not wanted to play anymore or to join the tribe that defeated us (though they kept asking me to reconsider even after two months). that was 9 months of work and 3.5M account.

i do understand the doubts people might have. i know how it is when people become unavailable when a war starts. it was part of why my tribe lost the war in w22. the other (bigger) part was that the tribe we were fighting was damn good.

some of you here got me wrong here. the tragedy IS REAL. however its not the end of the world. it just puts life into perspective. i am one of the lucky people that have a full life outside "this silly game" (CShypley quoted). i have other projects that i have postponed because of this addictive game. i've started this thread not to ask for sympathy nor to hide for a war. i did it because i know of many people that just left without saying a word and even worse deleting the account or not finding the time to set another duke on their way out.

however i completely dislike the fact that people are trying to win points on threads like this. i have learned not to have great expectations from peoples but i expected Gicusan to first confirm this in private with me since we are from the same country and we share a great deal of skype conversations. Instead he acted like the ignorant and arrogant prick i suspected him to be from the time i had first contact with him and his tribe (right after i lost my w22 war).

ouch. As I said, my post was not so much about you but more of a general anger I have on the subject. Anyway, I find myself to be an "ignorant and arrogant prick". that might be true even if not entirely. I said as I had to say and I apologised in advance if I was in the wrong. I wish you well Tatisan. My opinion came that way especialy after our last converstion when you said you are not so active anymore and busy in RL. That was a few days before the war if I am not wrong.

Deleted User - 2282801

And tbh, who actually cares why someone quits? It's a game for god sake (excuse the blasphemy).. If he wants to quit, he'll just up and quit. Making up an excuse to quit a fictional game is a ridiculous even to suggest.

It might well be ridiculous but sadly it happens :icon_rolleyes:

Having said that, its better to think these things than voice opinion when not in command of the full facts.

DeletedUser

My condolences to you and the family.
I hope you enjoyed your stay at TW, and hope you will look back at your time here with warmth, as good memories with your friend, but not bitterness.

I'll lock this topic tomorrow, to give the rest of you time to give your condolences.