GR*FM The Very Best Of Opponents

DeletedUser

Ladies and Gentlemen it is my great pleasure as a member of Shadow to say that GR*FM has breathed its last and departed. I do have something to confess to each of you, which I am sure will not endear me to the esteemed leaders of my great tribe who I hope are able to see where I am coming from in what I say here.

Now firstly let us get the statistics out of the way, upon the day of writing this the 2nd of February they stand thus: Shadow 313 conquers to GR*FM’s 96 a difference of 217 conquers to Shadow. Those stats scream Shadow’s dominance. But this reporter is here to tell you that Shadow did not win this war, GR*FM left on their own terms and with heads held high.

Those of you who just choked on your Coffee, no I am not being held at gunpoint by TarynAshley or any other member of GR*FM forcing me to write this. As someone who viewed this War from the front lines – as always – I can honestly say I am completely and utterly impressed with GR*FM and if I was a member of such a tribe I could scarcely be prouder.

Some of you are probably going: “What happened to the Wolf that bites?” Well the thing is with that, I only bite back when bitten first. Some of Shadow’s best and brightest slammed GR*FM and still they defied Shadow, still they stood with backs straight refusing to be brought to their knees.

TarynAshley the leader of GR*FM should be commended as one of the greatest players and leaders in the history of W27. She refused to budge and fought back constantly slamming Shadow in each of its attempts to win. The stats here agree with me – Shadow 43 conquers to TarynAshley’s 51 in reply, a difference of 8 in TA’s favour.

Whilst Shadow’s Generals will be remembered longer and held in a loftier place in the echelons of the Tribal Wars Greats, (as they should be) TarynAshley should be remembered by each of you as the greatest General to bring arms against Shadow.

Some of you will call GR*FM’s mass delete and departure cowardice. Those who do are sadly incorrect, you see GR*FM never declared war and only ever sought to keep what was there’s already.

Although they were on the downward spiral towards oblivion one must ask themselves: why did it take over a month to get to this point? The answer I think may well lie in Shadow’s dominance of this World. Shadow certainly cannot have taken their opponent’s seriously.

When the war began Shadow was ten times the size of their enemy. I think it would be fair to say that Shadow not only weren’t frightened, but that they expected a massacre to occur. In some places it clearly did, 313 conquers is no mean feat, but when you compare the retaliatory conquers (96) Shadow only beat their opponents by (according to my calculator) 3.26 times the amount of conquers.

This hints at an apathy gained by weeks before hand of the incompetency of LIGHT and other such weaklings who have consistently failed not only to defend well against Shadow but to send retaliatory strikes.

It is somewhat ironic, but not entirely discouraging from Shadow’s point of view, that they found their match in a small Southern Tribe. Shadow can take heart now that they have complete and utter control of the South and have merely to clear the villages GR*FM and Company have left behind.

They can now turn their frustrations, anger and disappointment from a relatively unsuccessful Southern Campaign and bring their full force and might to bear against LIGHT. You may note that whilst I have not been kind to Shadow in these past paragraphs I think it would be fair to note that Shadow has much more to offer than this and I am relatively certain that this conflict will have awoken them again.

I almost feel sorry for LIGHT who will undoubtedly face Shadow’s full wrath in the coming weeks and months. Shadow can also take great solace in the fact that they are a few miles closer to becoming the first tribe to complete a world.

So I say farewell to TarynAshley and GR*FM, congratulations you stood up to a giant and to a certain degree: you won.

By Silverwolf008

DeletedUser

Your the last person I expected to do this :icon_confused:
But none the less, well said.

DeletedUser

carol did most the work and some of the member of the tribe

DeletedUser

Thank you for your kind words silverwolf. And Terry, it was a team effort. I am proud of everyone of you for the efforts and courage you brought forth in a challenge that was insurmountable from the start.

DeletedUser

Bump :) Now this world has closed i believe everyone should remember this battle.

DeletedUser

Well-put. Nice job Silver

Congrats GR*FM, especially considering no once since Feb.13 and the couple of months around February or that year could so much as take 10 villas off of Shadow.

I mean, [Iron] was almost a total disaster, and it was the best shot for a long time

Sboh

Looking over these messages gives me great pleasure, I sadly departed from my account before the end but I can see it carried on as I had left it. I am just pleased for Carol and GR*FM for leaving a permanent mark on this world where so many have failed :)

Hopefully I shall see some of you again on this game as I do miss these times.

Last edited: