Groder's retirment

DeletedUser

Its with sadness that I officially announce my retirment from W22, and quite possibly tribal wars entirely.

For those of you who know me, you know I've been thinking about this for quite some time, but a definate decision was made a few weeks ago, when I found out my father is unwell (I cant tell you why, as someone else he knows reads the forums, and hed rather nobody knew (If you really need to know, PM me.)). He will be begining treatment in the next few days, and I have determined that I wont have enough time to play here, and look after him.

I may return at some point, however, right now, Im not going to be able to play.

On this world, I have decided to gift my villages to a particular member of WHO. That player knows who he is, and has been informed that attempts by other members of the tribe to noble me, will be met with resistance. I personally, will be handling the gifting of my villages to said player, so that my wishes are respected.

Once again, I would like to extend my thanks to those who have helped me, and those who I have come to respect in my time here. Included but not limited to the following people:

PrincessAlastor - Originally the Diplomat for the original XIII tribe (not the current XIII), who came to LEGIT, and quickly became my right hand. She has come to be my best friend, and my only true confidant.

Bugabear - The love of my life, though fate is cruel, and we can never be together.

Reddawgg - My CoDuke, and left hand. Whilst popular opinion of him was rather negative, he was someone I was able to trust, and he demonstrated more than once, that that trust was not misplaced.

Andy31567 - The original founder of LEGIT (W7) and my first Duke. He and I switched roles on W22, with him becoming my head diplomat, and myself taking the lead as Duke. (I was head diplomat on W7)

=Starkiller= - Im assuming duke, however, I never really knew for certain who the duke of RBE was. I have alot of respect for him, and the decisions he made. Whilst leading to the demise of LEGIT, his military decision to attack at the moment he did, was the correct one, and I will never have a negative thing to say about that matter.

All past members of LEGIT, including those who betrayed me. - Your service to the tribe (up until W22) will never be forgotten. The actions you took, for the most part, assisted greatly in building the name and reputation of LEGIT, that I had wanted. We were known for our honor above all else, and that was something important to me. Even Gydion and Lynnettra played their parts, and ignoring particular unfortunate events, still have my respect.

RosAris (W7 & briefly W22) - You were (to my reccollection) my first warchief, and someone who I had, and still have great respect for. Whilst we worked in oppossing field (Warchief / Diplomat), I for the most part, agreed with decisions you made.

Ruud60 - I served along side you on W7 in LEGIT, and then in GFY/GFYAP you are one of the most skilled players I know, but you havent forgotten how to have fun, and not take yourself to seriously.

Barbarian at the Gate (W7 and W22 up until account handover) - You were essentially duke of GFY from the time I arrived there on W7, and have demonstrated your ability multiple times, in many areas. You are among the players I am most gracious to have served with.

The Lewder - My favourite forum personality, I wont forget you, ... or where you live... lol joking, I havent investigated you, although, you should be careful what information you give out. With the information I have on you, it would not be difficult to narrow down exactly who you are.

Throws Rocks - We never really had any interaction (except when you were trying to find out about my sister... lol), but you have done something I could not, and I respect that you were able to assemble, and hold together your tribe.

Roryg - You were a good ally, and someone I thought alot of. I wish you hadnt endangered the members of LEGIT who I sent to you. Had it not been for that, I believe we could have continued a good friendship. I still think alot of you, but my confidence in you as a leader dropped significantly.

The members of WHO - You served as great allies, and deserve recognition as much as anyone else on this list. My time with you was brief, however, had it not been for your at the time duke, I would have gladly stayed on much longer.

My enemies - I have always respected my enemies, no matter who they are. Many say that this has been one of my mistakes, however, I have always felt that anyone worthy enough for me to call an enemy, is deserving of respect in some form.

My allies - nuf said

Bdeath30, sdpseanpowell - You were valuable members of my council, and in your time there, earnt my respect.

Nomadpdx - we may not get along, and you may have (DEFINATELY) stabbed me in the back on W37, you were still someone whos opinion I valued, your actions earnt my respect on W22, and if we stopped right there, things would be much more civilized between us.

Anyone whos name is not on this list, but feels it should be, your probably right, however the list is getting long, and my time short. If your not on the list, dont think that your not respected, because chances are, you are. I apolagize for anyone Ive left out, and also remind you all, not all names are mentioned, and they are mentioned in no particular order (except PrincessAlastor who deserves to be at the top of this list)

DeletedUser64821

Good luck in life. I wish your father the best.

DeletedUser

GL groder and goood bye and i hope luck for your dad gb mate

DeletedUser48847

G'luck and take care of your dad and yourself IRL. Oh, don't forget to have fun!

DeletedUser62530

Despite our opinions of each other, I do wish the best for your dad. It's not an easy road, taking care of an ill parent.

DeletedUser

Sorry Migitmen, my bad, I though so much of you guys, that I forgot that LGTSLW had been a seperate tribe.

I considered all members of LEGIT, LGTSLW, and LGT-A1 to have been members of LEGIT, and never even considered they were another tribe, until they split off.

For those of you from SLW who are offended that I didnt include you, what im trying to say, is that as far as I was concerned, you guys were LEGIT, we all were. No need to specify a difference between the tribes.

(By LEGIT, I meant all tribes who were at one time or another a part of the LEGIT Empire/Family (I prefer to call it an Empire))

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Despite our opinions of each other, I do wish the best for your dad. It's not an easy road, taking care of an ill parent.

Nomad, despite you backstabbing me, I never have held an opinion of you, you were just never that important. a low opinion of you. Ive no hard feelings towards anyone anymore. This is a game, and we all take the path that we each believe will lead us to victory.

Wether that victory be one of strength, and conquering, or wether it be one of honor. Wether it be one of improving our skill, or improving our cunning, all are forms of victory, and we do what we must to achieve the victory that we subconciously consider to be the most important.

We all must remember that this is a game of politics, and that personal feelings, should not get in the way of our goals.

DeletedUser

I have never spoke in the wf before, but if anything would move me to do so, it's obviously you, Groder. We've known each other since practically, the beginning of the world. When you first graciously invited my tribemates and myself to LEGIT, you put Jim and i on the council. Being so new in the tribe, and new to the game, itself, i kept rather quiet.. but you encouraged me to speak up, that everyone's opinions counted. Over time, you and i spoke more and more.. afterall, there was much business to discuss. You had my upmost respect, and eventually, i gained yours.

RL circumstances pulled you away, and i have to say right now, it was during that time that i have never seen such devotion and dedication put towards a tribe and it's members, as you did then. I know of all you went through, and i know of absolutely no one, that would go through all of that, as you did. You worked through me, every possible opportunity you could grasp your hands onto.. and bb was a true gem, for never seeing it, for anything more, than it was.

I bow to you, Groder.. for being a man of such honor and dignity.

And as far as being friends... the best, always. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Demonshadows96

I never knew you Groder but I've heard that you were a good man and a great leader. Good luck in real life and I wish your father the best.

DeletedUser

RL circumstances pulled you away, and i have to say right now, it was during that time that i have never seen such devotion and dedication put towards a tribe and it's members, as you did then. I know of all you went through, and i know of absolutely no one, that would go through all of that, as you did. You worked through me, every possible opportunity you could grasp your hands onto.. and bb was a true gem, for never seeing it, for anything more, than it was.

Im sure there are others who would go through that for their tribes, however, I never considered them just a tribe. I considered each an every member of LEGIT (and associated family tribes), to be family, and I know that the majority of people would happilly go through all that for thei family.

I bow to you, Groder.. for being a man of such honor and dignity.
Dont bow to me, I'm not worthy of that. I have always felt that you were more deserving of my respect, than I of yours. Honor and Dignity... I'd like to think so, however, both are things that are open to interpreatation. There are man forms of honor, and equally as many forms of dignity.

And as far as being friends... the best, always. :)

Of course.

----------------------------------------------

Most amusing, my post was deleted... I guess thats what I get for tempting another infraction.

-----------------------------------------------

Demonshadows96 said:
I never knew you Groder but I've heard that you were a good man and a great leader. Good luck in real life and I wish your father the best.

A good man, yes.

A great leader, I personally dont think so, however, with each failure I learn something about myself, and use what I know to improve who I am. I will never be among the games greats, (mostly because I wont be playing anymore (atleast, not anytime soon)). Even if I come back, I wont be trying my hand as leader for a while. Either way, all of this is purely speculation at this point. All I know, is that I will miss the game, and I will miss the friends I have here.

DeletedUser62530

Nomad, despite you backstabbing me, I never have held an opinion of you, you were just never that important. a low opinion of you. Ive no hard feelings towards anyone anymore. This is a game, and we all take the path that we each believe will lead us to victory.

Wether that victory be one of strength, and conquering, or wether it be one of honor. Wether it be one of improving our skill, or improving our cunning, all are forms of victory, and we do what we must to achieve the victory that we subconciously consider to be the most important.

We all must remember that this is a game of politics, and that personal feelings, should not get in the way of our goals.

Didn't backstab. I did what was best for the tribe at the time. You should know better.

Anyway, good luck to you and your father.