[Guide] Do I really need Tribal Support?

DeletedUser

I don't know about you guys, but for me every tribe I been in (premade or non-premade, noob or non-noob) there is always the case of people asking for support on the forums. Now sometimes even when they get the structure of the request right, they're just being annoying as heck and asking for support when they don't need it. So for my new tribe I have created a special instructional post that will help them analyze the situation that they're in whilst under attack. This is especially useful for a tribe that has less experienced players. Below you'll see what it looks like, and at the bottom you will find the In-Game forum code for it. Hope you like :)

Edit: Please note that this guide was written for the startup part of the game (2 or less villages), perhaps as the world progresses I will write new guides to help suit later stages of the game.
And yes, it is very basic and doesn't account for the more complicated type of incoming situations. It's main purpose is to weed out the totally useless support requests, it cannot predict every type of situation.

1zw0tiw.png

When asking for support you must keep in mind that tribal D troops are the most precious asset to any tribe. Sometimes when players see incomings they panic and don't know what to do. Below is a flow chart that you should follow when faced with incoming attacks. It will help you decide in which way you should defend yourself and whether or not it is necessary to ask for support from your tribe.

2it4th5.png

Code for tribal forums (remove the *s):
[spoil]
Code:
[img*]http://i53.tinypic.com/1zw0tiw.png[/img]
When asking for support you must keep in mind that tribal D troops are the most precious asset to any tribe. Sometimes when players see incomings they panic and don't know what to do. Below is a flow chart that you should follow when faced with incoming attacks. It will help you decide in which way you should defend yourself and whether or not it is necessary to ask for support from your tribe.

[img*]http://i56.tinypic.com/2it4th5.png[/img]
[/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Your graph is only true for the stage <5 villages and as such is only useful for the last 2-3 worlds.

In later stages tribal support should be sent as early as possible to set foundations of your defence and defend key points. this allows you to have mobile defence forces which you can actively use to stack villages that actually need it or snipe, to minimise your troop losses. This assumes you know how to defend and that you can actually tell when someone is attacking you (most people can't tell the difference between a mass assault and mass fakes!).

Overall a nice idea, if I decide to hang around TW for longer I will make something similar for middle game stages (50k-1.5 million) to make this thread for complete.

^.^

PS: If you have an incoming train and no wall or troops, you should do everything to snipe. It's near impossible to stop a good player even with tribes worth of defence as Tom taught me on UK3. :D

DeletedUser

PS: If you have an incoming train and no wall or troops, you should do everything to snipe. It's near impossible to stop a good player even with tribes worth of defence as Tom taught me on UK3. :D

Well yes. Tribal support suggests that other members will help you by sniping for you, and then stacking you afterwards when they resend their noble.

I should have elaborated. This is indeed a guide for your first village. So it's a startup defence guide thingy ma bob.

DeletedUser

I must say pretty well done, and it was presented in a very good way.... 5 Stars

DeletedUser

Actually, I was trying to look at this, in a way that I could counter it, the reality is defense is a very situational thing.

But the more I think about it, and read it, the more I think, this is the guide for the guy who has his very first incoming attacks, and is in panic mode.

If he follows the flow, it'll help him calm down, rationalize the attacks, at which point, he'll be able to go to a more experienced person to figure out if what he did was correct, or if he should have handled it differently, at any rate, he'll stay alive long enough, to be able to get help from his tribe.

I love the presentation, if nothing else, it was a very very easy read.
This is a very neat start up guide.

Kudos to you.

PS. Need to change the IMG to img, twforums don't accept capitalized bb codes currently.

DeletedUser

Thanks. It is indeed directed at the very basic type of attack situations. On W54 I have started a tribe which opened it's doors to anyone that seemed friendly and active. Amongst the bunch there are experienced players who know what they're doing, but there were also newbies. I wrote this guide in hopes of avoiding the usual 'omg help I need support!' threads that are started by less experienced players.

Also, I have edited the code. Thank you.

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
Very nicely done Teacup, I think this will be useful for any possible future endeavors of mine ^^

Like previously said, a similar guide for a more advanced guide would be awesome 0o

DeletedUser

Hey hey, nicely done there Teacup.

I agree with most points above, so I won't bore you with that. Just posting to give you a big head :icon_wink:

Can I ask what font that is you used while I'm at it? The "Do I really need Tribal Support?" ... Thanks. And well done again. :)

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
OK but I would also ask for help with the backtime. Even if its only fakes to land at the same time.

The reasons for this are that it shows the attacker that the tribe is active & willing to help each other.

This also gives other players a heads up that a player could be in big trouble from a certain tribe & gets them looking at the map to spot any other problems that may crop up.

More than when to ask for help I have found knowing how to ask for help is needed far more often.
This can & often does waste far more time.

But its a nice colorful guide that could be of help to others

Thanks for sharing your work.

DeletedUser

Nice beginners guide mate :) I'll probably post this in any future tribes I'm in which are still in early stages of the game.

DeletedUser

Wow. Great guide! I can only admit that when I had gotten my first incoming, I could only wish I had this guide! It is well written and VERY easy to follow. I love reading flowcharts purely for entertainment, and this is a very good one. Well done.

DeletedUser

ive pasted this in my tribes forums, much obliged and thank youuuu

Noble Syndrome

The image is broken, :-( I've used this post for years as it was brilliant. Any updated copy that's not broken?