Guide for new players: How to be a newb and not a noob

DeletedUser

This is very nice "guide" based on real life, eh
Awesome post :)

DeletedUser

A great read.
Has been added to my guide library under the 'beginner guides' section.
WolfSig.jpg
[/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

Lethal Legend

Probably worth more than the actual guides of how to do this etc etc.

"He was a quick learner as his first lesson was how to learn"

Muldie325

2. Be skeptical.

When he says "offensive start is the way to go" don't give him any yeah-buts.

So wait.. someone completely new to the game should go full O in their first vill, without asking about any potential flaws they see?

What you'll end up with is newbies being cleared while offline.. or defending with their D to prevent being nobled.. or being backtimed.

You should NEVER jump into full O before you fully understand its weaknesses and how to avoid them.

Oh yea.. added the first quote because I found it kinda contradictory.

DeletedUser

Going for an offensive start doesn't mean that you don't have any defense at all in your first village. As for the contradiction, I see your point. Just meant that new people should take things with a grain of salt when finding someone to put their faith and trust into, but when you find one, don't resist their advice just because. I'm sure you've seen plenty of times when you try to give solid advice to a new player and his reaction is "well I don't know, I kinda like building 300 of everything, it looks pretty and satisfies my OCD." I guess what I'm saying is that you do need to find a good mentor and put some faith in him, but that doesn't mean it has to be blind faith.

Muldie325

My advice would be to find several mentors and compare advice. :)

DeletedUser

looks good,hopefully will reduce the amount of noobs on this world

DeletedUser

looks good,hopefully will reduce the amount of noobs on this world
Nope - sorry, I just joined ;)

Good guide, I'm glad I read it early on.

When I read point 7, I thought "Oh good, I don't have to think too much when I don't know what to do". But I'm starting to see the real benefit of this strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.”

DeletedUser

wow this is the best guid ive seen in a long time...and theres been alot of guids.
All that was posted is great foundation work...a basic survival guid.
Just remember tho a guid only gets you so far...theres no substitute for trial and error. you need to get things wrong from time to time to learn new things.
but yes an amazing starter. will use this for some of my piers:)

DeletedUser

wow this is the best guid ive seen in a long time...and theres been alot of guids.
All that was posted is great foundation work...a basic survival guid.
Just remember tho a guid only gets you so far...theres no substitute for trial and error. you need to get things wrong from time to time to learn new things.
but yes an amazing starter. will use this for some of my piers:)

Glad you enjoyed

Oh and be sure to send me 5 PP for incorporating part of my name into yours

It's a copyright thing and well you don't have many other choices :p

DeletedUser

was around before you! lol check the date and no pp for you :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser94734

I have got a little dilemna. This probably isn't the best place to post it, but... yeah.
My current account, as you can probably see is london lord. Is it worth making a whole new account, as people will straight away know I am from London, and therefore have an advantage when sending attacks against me?
Sorry for posting this in probably the wrong area again.. :/