Guide to p&p 1.0

Jakub1992

Guide to p&p

Firstly i would like to say that p&p is not something that can be learnt as such,there are ofcourse a few points
but all in all it is very hard to teach someone what i "know" alot of it is experience and intuition,so anyway
lets get down to what we are here for,my time on tw is going to be till febuary 09 at the longest and i dont want
what ive learnt in all this time to go to waste,so here it is,my guide to p&p...

Firstly spelling and grammar is extremely important as is laying out the order of your argument correctly,if
you spell stuff wrong or it is badly laid out,your opponent could quite easily bring an entirely credible argument
crashing around your ears,beleive me it has happend to me more than once

Secondly emotions,if you get annoyed or upset by an argument you are much less likely to win,emotions have no place
in a p&p forum,leave them at the door please,if you dont people will take you alot less seriously,have you ever
noticed those people who sometimes just lash out and are ignored? well you dont want to become one of them do you?

Always remember that there is no winning in p&p,the soul point of it is to discredit your opponent,not to prove them
wrong as such,just to prove that they are worse than yourself,this is where people get reputation from,if youve won
more battles you will be more respect it and also find it easier to win more,a snowball effect so to speak

Another point is knowing your opponents,if you have been around a forum for a whileyou know most the people and their
key ideals and ethics,which can be used when you are stuck in a hole,as can something they have posted months ago
this is why lurkers do so well,they sit around seeing what people have done and said and jump in when they can
destroy someones argument with something posted previously,so get remembering everything people say

Mudlsinging,despite what people say and the way it is looked upon with disgust,it can be and has been very useful to
me,if you know you have an emotional opponent it makes sense to exploit that,an annoyed or upset opponent is easier
to deal with then a level headed one,bringing me back to my point of having no emtions,it just gives you less
to exploit

Realising that every argument has two sides and both are equaly as relevant and justifiable,is one if not the most
important point of p&p,if you know your opponents argument as well as your own then you can pick it apart alot
easier

Opening multiple wounds,if you can pick 3 or 4 or even 5 points wrong with your opponents argument then it makes
them seem alot less credible and makes it harder for them to defend,just think of it as say nobleing 4 villages
from an enemy instead of 1 theyre going to find it harder to take them back arent they?

You need friends,if you have to friends then you have no one to bail you out when your being gang banged,only the
best propogandists can survive a fight with multiple opponents,at the beggining of your "career" its very important
to have friends to bale you out when the flame gets too hot

picking your arguments and when to jump in,most threads get taken over early with two people who have strong
opinions on the issue and then only get little bits chipped in by others,so yes you can earn a little respect
by chipping in good points,but ultimately you need to be one of the first to post in a thread to stand any real
chance of getting a decent argument from it,also never chooseing an argument that you know little about or cant
defend both sides of it,because you will just end up looking liek an incompetant fool

Spam,it is a terrible thing,the bane of all forums so to speak,but a big amount of spam can destroy any cohearant
point your trying to make,the main skill to this is seeing when your not going to get through to the person and
getting out,if you try to reason with a spammer,you will look a fool regardless,a quote from someone "never argue
with an idiot,they will bring you down to their level and beat you out of experience" is something that applys here
just leave it and you will come out alot more dignified than before

Do not focus too much on me > you,it makes you seem arrogant and therefore you are automaticaly disliked,well not
always disliked,but it makes your argument not quite as good,i tend to do this a little too much and it is why
ultimately i may never get up to the stand of people like BH

Making threads is another thing that can do a lot for your respect,if you make too many or ones that realy arent
needed you will come across as annoying,if you make none sometimes this can be a good thing,but you will never get
further up the ladder than "that guy who has some intelligent posts" to get real respect you need to make some,but
saying that if their is nothing that is seemingly worth it,then just dont,if you try to it will come out bad and
damage your rep,same goes for posting

peoples opinion of you always matters a huge amount,because at the end of the day people are like sheep,if a few
say that your points are good the rest will follow,but if a few say its bad then the same thing happens,also with
being ignored,dont do alot of bad things anf then expect to be listened to when you make a good point,i learnt
this the hard way,if you piss alot of people off,its very dificult to get them back on your side

well thats it for now,i will add more as i think or it,sorry its such a long read,but i just couldnt think of any
way to put it differently,hope you found it helpful and any points within this guide or others that i have not
covered you are welcome to question on,this is my first guide so constructive critisism is always helpful...

mattcurr

I was gonna read this until I realized 2 things.

I am
A) Better then you at this:icon_wink:

And

B) That color pisses me off.

darth. vader

A excellent guide Jakub. Well worth the long read. Maybe now the activity and the standard of W6 posts will go back up to what they use to be.

Jakub1992

I was gonna read this until I realized 2 things.

I am
A) Better then you at this:icon_wink:

And

B) That color pisses me off.

i know alot of people that would disagree about point A

@kanzu,im back on tues,just taking some time off :icon_cool:

mattcurr

You entirely missed the way I approach everything I do on this forum:icon_surprised:

I give the guide a C+

Jakub1992

You entirely missed the way I approach everything I do on this forum:icon_surprised:

I give the guide a C+

where are your fans? peoples respect for you as a poster? nowhere to be seen,if they were i would have included your approach :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Cool, though you kinda failed with the correct grammar aspect of your guide.:lol:

Nice guide.

I have moar fans than matt :)

mattcurr

where are your fans? peoples respect for you as a poster? nowhere to be seen,if they were i would have included your approach :icon_rolleyes:

Humm fans; people's respect for my posts. Someone seems a little touchy today maybe you should read your own guides section about emotions.

Did I say how I went about doing things no. I said approach as in how I would look at the purpose of why and what I post. I suggest you stop the direction your taking this argument.

Jakub1992

Humm fans; people's respect for my posts. Someone seems a little touchy today maybe you should read your own guides section about emotions.

Did I say how I went about doing things no. I said approach as in how I would look at the purpose of why and what I post. I suggest you stop the direction your taking this argument.

you dodged my questions,because you couldnt back them up,i destroyed your whole arrogant persona,it cam crashing down around your ears and now your trying to tell me what im doing is wrong,hiding behind quotes,face it matt your not as liked as you think you are and your opinions on my posting are irrelevant,now go back to your hole and stop telling me what to do

Last edited:

mattcurr

you dodged my questions,because you couldnt back them up,i destroyed your whole arrogant point of view,it cam crashing down around your ears and now your trying to tell me what im doing is wrong,hiding behind quotes,face it matt your not as liked as you think you are and your opinions on my posting are irrelevant,now go back to your hole and stop telling me what to do

Dodged your question. I did not. I pointed out your misinterpretation of what I said.

I answered it. Sure you have more fans then me:icon_rolleyes:

I dont go for being like or having fans I could care less. If you feel you know me so well then you would realize I just post what I think I don't care. You seem to be taking this quite personally.

I don't think your as good at arguing as you think you are.

So sure since you seem quite touchy today Ill concede oh great one of popularity and respect for his posts.

Jakub1992

Dodged your question. I did not. I pointed out your misinterpretation of what I said.

I answered it. Sure you have more fans then me:icon_rolleyes:

I dont go for being like or having fans I could care less. If you feel you know me so well then you would realize I just post what I think I don't care. You seem to be taking this quite personally.

I don't think your as good at arguing as you think you are.

So sure since you seem quite touchy today Ill concede oh great one of popularity and respect for his posts.

but the whole point in this thread was to help people with p&p,posting what you think and not caring is not a good way to improve it,yet you tried to say that because i hadnt put that this thread wasnt as good as it should be,which is just wrong

DeletedUser22370

Are you really vein enough to think that you have fans? Sure, many people respect your posts, however, I hardly think that they "support you" or anything, and the funny thing about this guide is:

1. I played w6 for a while and kept track of the forums for long after, and I don't think you've ever made a proper p&p thread.

2. It contradicts the concept of p&p, as it is a huge block of text.

Last edited:

mattcurr

but the whole point in this thread was to help people with p&p,posting what you think and not caring is not a good way to improve it,yet you tried to say that because i hadnt put that this thread wasnt as good as it should be,which is just wrong

Still not what I was talking about.

Jakub1992

Are you really vein enough to think that you have fans? Sure, many people respect your posts, however, I hardly think that they "support you" or anything, and the funny thing about this guide is:

1. I played w6 for a while and kept track of the forums for long after, and I don't think you've ever made a proper p&p thread.

2. It contradicts the concept of p&p, as it is a huge block of text.

well maybe you wouldnt call them fans,but people who enjoy seeing me post,people who respect me and people who think w6 would be a worse place without me

and how does it contradict the point in p&p? where does it say you cant post long pieces of text,regardless of that this was a guide not p&p

darth. vader

I think this argument needs to stop.

Yes jakub may have been abit over the top by saying he has "fans". But he sure has alot of people that respect his posts. I am one of them.

Jakub has made many p&p threads maybe under a different name. This needs to stop now or the whole thread wont be known for a good guide but for the argument after it.

DeletedUser

I would have read it but that colour takes too much effort to read.