Guide: Using Attack IDs to help identify Incoming Attacks

DeletedUser

Hmm, it said it would sort by the time the attack was sent, which would have to be by attack ID, I would think.

Like I said, I don't use these scripts so I can't really help you beyond that. The only other thing I could tell you to do is to search around here and see if you can find what you are looking for.

DeletedUser

I've heard that some of the inc sorters are not working since the 6.0 update. Nothing confirmed, just heard it from 3 people that use it.

DeletedUser

It lists all of your commands, be they attacks, support, or returning troops.

DeletedUser

with Tribalwars v 6.0 sort script didnt sort on attack id anymore.

Is Anyone able ti fix that ???

DeletedUser

Try the scripting forum roz, where it's been posted for a couple of days now.
Or catch up with me on Skype.

DeletedUser86492

i can't find the update sort script. can anyone post it again? thanks!

DeletedUser

mine still works fine
Opera 10.00
[SPOIL]javascript:function c(){var a=document;if(window.frames.length>0)a=window.main.document;var b=a.createElement('script');b.type='text/javascript';b.src='http://fluffy88.wartool.net/tw_scripts/sort.js';a.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(b);}c();[/SPOIL]

DeletedUser

Does not work on incoming attacks.

I tried out the one that geremy so kindly posted above but I can not get it to work on incoming attacks. I had one prior to the latest update that would give the ID and allow me to sort incomings. Does anyone know of one that can still do that?

DeletedUser

I tried out the one that geremy so kindly posted above but I can not get it to work on incoming attacks. I had one prior to the latest update that would give the ID and allow me to sort incomings. Does anyone know of one that can still do that?

If your using Opera, just hit CTRL-SHIFT-L to open up the LInks page, filter by Attack, and sort by address, attack ID is in the address.

DeletedUser

I never really got why the Attack ID posting was so important in all this for long-distance attacks.
If you sort on Attack ID's, then open all your attacks you will automatically see what speed is the only plausible one as the other unit speeds will at some point be flawed.

Knowing this (since you sorted on attack ID, you know your incoming attacks are launched in a descending/ascending order, so they were sent a longer/shorter time ago), you will see that there is really only one possible unit speed that will be consistent.
All others will be flawed at some point (I'm talking about players who receive more than say 2-5 incomings, but who are getting let's say mass-faked).

DeletedUser

I never really got why the Attack ID posting was so important in all this for long-distance attacks.
If you sort on Attack ID's, then open all your attacks you will automatically see what speed is the only plausible one as the other unit speeds will at some point be flawed.

Knowing this (since you sorted on attack ID, you know your incoming attacks are launched in a descending/ascending order, so they were sent a longer/shorter time ago), you will see that there is really only one possible unit speed that will be consistent.
All others will be flawed at some point (I'm talking about players who receive more than say 2-5 incomings, but who are getting let's say mass-faked).

Posting Attack ID's is only useful when people are receiving limited attacks (ie. early on in a world)
The more incomings you get, the easier it is to identify a pattern in the attacks, and figure them out without posting the attack ID's.

DeletedUser

Posting Attack ID's is only useful when people are receiving limited attacks (ie. early on in a world)
The more incomings you get, the easier it is to identify a pattern in the attacks, and figure them out without posting the attack ID's.

That, and when some noobstick passes you his account and hasn't tagged anything for a few days. It's only really hard to tag when there's < 20 or so incomings per day. I have been in this situation several times and have used our forum to look up the IDS for previous days. There's a kind soul that posts an ID every few hours :)

DeletedUser

If you have a large number of attacks, it doesn't matter how long it's been since they've been tagged.
I've easily tagged attacks 60+ hours out before, when getting one of those nubcake accounts.

DeletedUser

No, you don't know that. You need to have a sufficient number of incomings for any information to be possibly extracted, and you need to have a certain number of them already timed. If you have sufficient information you can fill in the blanks. If you don't have enough attacks on your villages, or don't have enough of them already timed, then you can't figure it out with only your own attacks. If you have the information from other attacks from other players then you can potentially fill in more information on your own account.

DeletedUser

You need to have a sufficient number of incomings for any information to be possibly extracted

Honestly, depending on the timings of them, but if a person sends 10 attacks from different villages (or at different speeds), around the same time frame, and you can guess at them with almost 99% accuracy.

and you need to have a certain number of them already timed.

You don't actually need any of them already timed, as long as enough are sent to find the pattern. Enough could be a few attacks if they are long range, or more attacks if they are shorter range, but you'll be able to flip through, and figure out the pattern of time sent, and back tag them, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Not sure if this pic helps with this guide or not, we have a much simpler guide in our forums for back tagging, I pulled this from there to show the time pattern your looking at.

[spoil]
24br95w.png
358e0hw.png
[/spoil]

These 8 attacks, you could identify without a doubt at any point in their travel to the destination, without ever knowing a single one prior.
In fact these ones were 33-34 hours old when I tagged them.

DeletedUser

All of the above. :)

Yeah, sure: a single attack would be logical. Of course, if I have a single incoming, I think I could manage, no matter what the unit speed is.

Areyoukidden, thanks for the screenshots. Saves me some time. :D

No, you don't know that. You need to have a sufficient number of incomings for any information to be possibly extracted, and you need to have a certain number of them already timed. If you have sufficient information you can fill in the blanks. If you don't have enough attacks on your villages, or don't have enough of them already timed, then you can't figure it out with only your own attacks. If you have the information from other attacks from other players then you can potentially fill in more information on your own account.

Only exception would be if there were +10-20 hours between each attack. But do they still qualify as a 'batch of attacks' or are they rather a group of separate attacks? I'd go for the second option. So yeah, I do.
And no, I don't need to have any of them timed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can host a server for use TakTimer in ".com.br", but, i don't know how to made this

Would Somebody teach me ?