High on TW

DeletedUser

What gets you high off of TW?

Meaning... What thing in TW do you do that gives you that sense of success, fulfillment, joy?

Seems like a pretty good idea for a thread... Might not last that long, but eh, we'll have fun for a bit.

scarlet ash

I think with tribalwars, the game play is mediocre but its the only game i know what offers so much politics, diplomacy and tactics and that is something I find very unique in the gaming world. It's this that makes me enjoy the game and the fact that you have to get to know strangers and befriend them... Online at least anyway as of course as you won't ever really get to fully understand them outside of tribalwars. But at the end of the day I feel like the people in and out of the tribes I belong to. With this is a sense of loyalty that you owe to your tribe and to your enemies. Thats a unique quality to this game aswell... you can even get so involved in the world you play and the diplomacy and characteristics to tribes that you can grow prejudice to other tribe e.g. TESB member = Merge whores (Just an example that some of you may or may not feel but you get my point right?) This is what draws me to the game and brings me enjoyment and it is almost like a sense of addicted.

DeletedUser

My high of TW...

I have 3 actually...

1). Pretty much what you said ashy, except different. :D The tribe role is what get's me. I love it. When I join a new world, I can't be like one of those guys that sits their and waits to see which ones are the good tribes, I love being in a tribe. I love chatting with tribe-mates, planning with them, etc.

2). When I was very little I always loved pretending I was in the army or navy or something and me and my friends would go around and acted like we were on a secret mission or something like that, which I'm sure a lot of you did when you were little. I know I'm only 16 now, I'm not grown, but I don't do that anymore... lol. Now I get the same sense of enjoyment from that when I was little of playing MW2 or TW now, even though TW is much different than Modern Warfare, I just have a craving for military things, movies, games, etc. Most of the movies I have are military movies. Most of my games... military/shooting games.

3). Defending/sniping. This is what gives me the accomplished feeling in TW. I love to snipe, it is my favorite thing to do, the only pain is re-naming incs. I get more of a sense of enjoyment from sniping than I do from nobling an enemy. Call me crazy... :icon_eek:
BTW, will be sniping a train in about 10 hours on W20... ;) That's the only thing that gets me, why do people send such pathetic trains? Do they wanna get sniped?

A lot of times people are lazy, and send sucky trains at noobs, but by now you'd figure they'd learn not to send 20sec trains at me... :lol:

DeletedUser

nice thread idea chad =)
for some bizare reason i actually find myself agrreing eith you :icon_wink:

i love joining a tribe, and when i do i like to stick it out...
sometimes i was to join a new world because im bored and i find myself drawn to the rubbish tribes...
for those who know me on here you should know i love to teach people the game if they want to learn it and i think its fun writing my own guides for a tribe, rather than copy+paste them =)
it gives me a sense of accompishment knowing there is one les n00b, maybe a tribe full of n00bs in the game :)
and if they dont want to learn...
i end up yelling/swearing atrthem and inevitably clearing them :icon_twisted:
its fuuun

and i agree with ash, i do love the politics, tactics and things like that because it improves skills that there is a slim chance you might to use in later life =)
(extreemly doubtfull bt in things as simple as paintball these can be usefull (the latter at least))
one thing i can be sure of is that my typing has become ridiculosly faster than it was in the beginning :)

and yes, i crave military games, as well as being extreemly compititive when it comes to games :)
i pretty much only have games which involve killing :)

DeletedUser

nothing more fun them meeting some one that lives in a different country.

i love the fact that i now have friends from all over the world.

that to me is the high of TW

and i also get big smiles when my nukes hit a village and smash an enemy nuke that is just sitting there....ya,,,i love that.

DeletedUser

So I just wrote this nice long message and my page went back and it's gone now. But let me re-write this in short.
As much as I hate to admit this at times but a lot of you guys are smart people, for me being able to play against/play with a groupo of smart people and think hard is what get's me "high". There is nothing like setting up a plan and making it happen, win or fail its still great.
I remember winning my "first" real fight, and rimming this guy. I was doing it with a friend and it was great.
This is my high and I'm addicted.

DeletedUser

"Hi, my name is Chad, and I am a Tribal Wars addict." :lol:

DeletedUser

when did the problem first emerge? :lol:
I am a member of TWA

DeletedUser

"Hi, my name is Chad, and I am a Tribal Wars addict.

ha! i can top that......
my first year here was horrible, i had crushes on imaginary people....lol..
then in RL i judged all the guys i knew to the ones i met here.

there is nothing more pathetic then dreaming about a TW guy that you never seen before....oh i was a mess...

i have to say this, you guys here in TW land are truly the best around. many are so nice, and protective.

you here are my true knights in shinning armor, the ones in RL are just guys rapped in tin foil :(

ya, i was an addict too..
still am i think...but i did take a little break, i feel great now....er....some what...

DeletedUser

This topic got funny. I heard many stories like yours Alexis from people I played with. I remember two people getting into a relationship and meeting up once in a while.

DeletedUser

really??? who when were?

Im pretty sure jen and alexis have met in RL before

DeletedUser

yeah i met some one on completly differnt world that i didnt know about and then i met him at school and we didnt even know

DeletedUser

Well, my high from tw would be planning, tactics, and teamwork. Theres nothing better in this game then getting together and claiming+nobling an enemy player. Nobling the village of an enemy, (especially after they've bagged you out) is awesome. Making friends from countries you never knew anything about, cultures you never really knew a thing about, is fun..

Also, I do like killing games too, Whether it be my beloved COD, or this. ;)

DeletedUser

ha! i can top that......
my first year here was horrible, i had crushes on imaginary people....lol..
then in RL i judged all the guys i knew to the ones i met here.

there is nothing more pathetic then dreaming about a TW guy that you never seen before....oh i was a mess...

i have to say this, you guys here in TW land are truly the best around. many are so nice, and protective.

you here are my true knights in shinning armor, the ones in RL are just guys rapped in tin foil :(

ya, i was an addict too..
still am i think...but i did take a little break, i feel great now....er....some what...

Haha! I am guilty to doing the same thing... but about girls... :lol:

Except, mine is much, much more embarrassing... so we will just forget that I talked about this... :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser91091

Haha! I am guilty to doing the same thing... but about girls... :lol:

Except, mine is much, much more embarrassing... so we will just forget that I talked about this... :icon_rolleyes:

Nope cant do that now you have to explain lol.

I can say i did the same thing meet a girl on here and found out she comes to my state every summer to teach horse-riding at a camp so we met up and hung out :icon_razz: