Hippos

DeletedUser

So what happen to the Hippos I know they were the best tribe :icon_eek:.So how did they get tooken down.And who took them down tell me everything!!!!!!!

Seagryfn

camil5000, almost everyone who belonged in Hippos came to W16 for the sole privelege of playing the game with OpenEye. They didn't like the world settings, but they wanted the honor of playing alongside a TW legend.

OpenEye suffered a gravely serious automobile accident, and barely survived. He was unable to even get so much as a message to the tribe for nearly 2 weeks, let alone play the game. After several months, with much regret, OpenEye let the Hippos know it would not be possible for him to return at all.

OE was the heart and soul of Hippos, and upon that news, most of the players resigned from W16 and moved on to other worlds to be back with their tribes from earlier servers once again but on some new world with settings they liked better. The few players who remained in W16 disbanded the tribe and went their separate ways.

themonkey

Seagryfn; don't be so disingenuous; although OE's sudden departure was a hammer blow to them, the reason they lost is because they were taken down by the better tribe at the time in CND/CENTER.

Well before OE left we were rimming Hippo players left right and centre, and although losing your leader (and particularly one as good as him) is going to hurt, that doesn't accurately depict the situation at all, and most Hippo guys know it :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser22370

hah, I miss these brilliant arguements between hippos and cnd/center, they were what defined the pnp of w16. Ever since the hippos left, I remain sure that the forums have been much more boring.

DeletedUser

hah, I miss these brilliant arguements between hippos and cnd/center, they were what defined the pnp of w16. Ever since the hippos left, I remain sure that the forums have been much more boring.

I agree.

DeletedUser

It was interesting for a while whilst the Plight/ORC war was going on, but then really just got dull when the the endless slagging started. For me, it was easier just to stop posting here. :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

A Hippo in here.

The tribe was expanding smoothly but after OE's incident it all suddenly changed. Maybe not so suddenly but at first it was difficult to decide who the leader is going to be. Actually the problem was, that nobody was confident enough to step on as a leader. It was too much of a burden to take care for such a tribe, but thanks to old guy we moved forward.

Still after this point CND/Center had a pretty good shot at our tribe and I suppose they were the reason why Hippos disbanded. I am not sure because I quit playing earlier. When I left the game we were still #1 and strong enough to both defend ourselves and expand. I never had the chance to take part in any serious fights, because as a rule my location is always safe and a war-free zone. Duh...

Last edited by a moderator:

openeye

Seagryfn; don't be so disingenuous; although OE's sudden departure was a hammer blow to them, the reason they lost is because they were taken down by the better tribe at the time in CND/CENTER.

Well before OE left we were rimming Hippo players left right and centre, and although losing your leader (and particularly one as good as him) is going to hurt, that doesn't accurately depict the situation at all, and most Hippo guys know it :icon_neutral:

I dont have an ideal recollection of events prior to my accident, but I've found that outside the 3-4 weeks surrounding the event its been pretty accurate to date. I've got to say that is not quite how I remeber it all going down.:icon_wink:

I cant say after I left, but before it was a pretty even match. Hippos controlled the entire east side of the core, while CND/Center were clustered densely in the southwest. Obviously, the extra size on Hippos wasn't a huge help as it took us into conflict with numerous border tribes that created a disadvantage to negate the size benifit. That being said though, several CND/Center players on the border were rimmed before my departure. At the same time many Hippo players stuck in the SW(myself included) were realizing that their position was going to be temporary and were looking for a way out before they were rimmed, an proportional number of them didn't make it out before CND/Center started dropping the hammer.

Honestly though, the war was far from decided before I left. I cant speak to how it finished, but as for the start it was little more than jabs being thrown compared to what we were each capible of. To say that either side was at a disadvantage to the other at that point would be discrediting them.

DeletedUser

wow it nice to see you posting there openeyes good to see you are doing better since your accident hope all is well for you in real life and good luck.

DeletedUser

I dont have an ideal recollection of events prior to my accident, but I've found that outside the 3-4 weeks surrounding the event its been pretty accurate to date. I've got to say that is not quite how I remember it all going down.:icon_wink:

I cant say after I left, but before it was a pretty even match. Hippos controlled the entire east side of the core, while CND/Center were clustered densely in the southwest. Obviously, the extra size on Hippos wasn't a huge help as it took us into conflict with numerous border tribes that created a disadvantage to negate the size benefit. That being said though, several CND/Center players on the border were rimmed before my departure. At the same time many Hippo players stuck in the SW(myself included) were realizing that their position was going to be temporary and were looking for a way out before they were rimmed, an proportional number of them didn't make it out before CND/Center started dropping the hammer.

Honestly though, the war was far from decided before I left. I cant speak to how it finished, but as for the start it was little more than jabs being thrown compared to what we were each capable of. To say that either side was at a disadvantage to the other at that point would be discrediting them.

We had a word from the creator, now a word from the destructor.

Before OE's disappearance the forces were rather evenly matched, since despite CND/Center 's dominance in the core we had much stronger links with outer core/rim tribes. This was thanks to our greater presence there, which as OE says did cause conflicts, but quite frankly the tribes at the time were still too hindered because of their locations/later starts etc. to cause any major hindrance. Quite the opposite, I would say we were the most respected tribe which greatly helped diplomacy and held the skilled rim players at bay.

After OE's disappearance diplomacy got increasingly harder, since except for K35 (my K*cough*) which for a good reason was dominated, the outer core saw a crack and decided they need a bite out of the 4 main K's. OE disappeared right in time when these tribes started catching up with the core which got us a double problem. This caused the Plight/ORC/VILE wars which distracted us from the main threat and ultimately caused downfall.

SF

PS: I will fix grammar after I get some sleep.

shveik

We had a word from the creator, now a word from the destructor.

Before OE's disappearance the forces were rather evenly matched, since despite CND/Center 's dominance in the core we had much stronger links with outer core/rim tribes. This was thanks to our greater presence there, which as OE says did cause conflicts, but quite frankly the tribes at the time were still too hindered because of their locations/later starts etc. to cause any major hindrance. Quite the opposite, I would say we were the most respected tribe which greatly helped diplomacy and held the skilled rim players at bay.

After OE's disappearance diplomacy got increasingly harder, since except for K35 (my K*cough*) which for a good reason was dominated, the outer core saw a crack and decided they need a bite out of the 4 main K's. OE disappeared right in time when these tribes started catching up with the core which got us a double problem. This caused the Plight/ORC/VILE wars which distracted us from the main threat and ultimately caused downfall.

SF

PS: I will fix grammar after I get some sleep.

Huh at least one good story :p
What about grammar ... You will have a VIP ticket if you join my Friday Can't Spelling Smartie Shveik Club (FCSSSC) :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I have never heard of those 2 members. Either aliases or dumb imitating people.

DeletedUser

neither had i.. i didnt think they were ever in w16 hippos.. unless, as you say, they are alias. although, doesnt look like theyre doing great..

DeletedUser

Well before OE left we were rimming Hippo players left right and center, and although losing your leader (and particularly one as good as him) is going to hurt, that doesn't accurately depict the situation at all, and most Hippo guys know it :icon_confused:

Ummm.... I do not remember this happening. Could you provide some stats to help my memories. Inactivity was the main cause of death as Seagryfn pointed out.