How common is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

We have just uncovered a player in one of our enemy tribes messaging all players in our area (not in Dust) and asking them for account access. Basically wanting to sign in on their account to try to get into Dust. (I dont want to go into detail about who it is because the players could simply be rogue and not under tribe orders and we dont lower ourselves to make it look like we are bitter about it because we arent)

We know this to be true because one of the untagged players he contacted and asked was being sat by a Dust leader (a player who had left the game and let us take his villages)... the enemy player was very chatty and told us everything, basically he told us that it was their strategy to try to get a spy into Dust. ie take control of an account in our area then ask to join.

Firstly is it legal in the game to have more than one account sign in? And second, i know cheating goes on, but has anyone ever heard of this kinda thing before because its the first time weve come across it lol

PS we havent reported the player yet because we dont wanna play the game in that way and id rather see what u guys think.

DeletedUser

I've heard about something similar before, but I wouldn't call it common...

Just get him banned, you're not the ones playing the game that way, he is and thus he deserves it :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

i agree with qrazil, ive encountered something like this in the past before and the best thing to do is just ban the person, the longer it drags out the worse it will get.

DeletedUser

Thanks, interesting to hear its not a unique incident.

tbh we r finding that the further we get into the game the more cheating we uncover... something we are totally against. Weve actually left other games due to cheating where u find that to get to the top u have to cheat to compete and i sincerely hope that this isnt the case with TW also.

DeletedUser

I'm glad that I haven't seen much cheating yet always been in fair fights. When I hear of cheating its always taken care of quickly by the staff.

DeletedUser

Well cheating in TW is not anywhere near as bad as other games we have played in where it got the the point of hacking servers, scripting, paying admin staff etc... but it is worrying that the further into the game and we compete with the bigger tribes that we are finding plenty of 'dodgy' practices...

DeletedUser

Submit a support ticket with the evidence you have on that world. they will almost certainly be banned for this if the hunter can confirm your evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.