How this works

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I've gotten too many mails asking me what an infraction is, so I'm posting this as a quick break down for those who don't know. If you do, don't bother reading this.

The forum system is very simple. Each world is overseen by one mod (In your case, me. If you hadn't guessed that, get off the forums now, no cookie for you), and those mods are overseen by an elder mod. Elder mods are in charge of certain groups of worlds, and oversee their mod's work. Now, each mod is responsible for upholding the rules in our assigned forums. We have 2 essential tools at our disposal. The one you'll probably see from me the most (and this is just a personal choice) is a warning. Warnings let you know officially that you're doing wrong, and to let you stop, but don't put any "points" onto the player. It does on the other hand, extend the time an infraction will last if you're infracted for what you were warned for.

Infractions are slightly different. Most infractions are worth 1 "point" and will fall off after a set amount of time. The amount of time varies for whatever you were infracted for. Now, if you manage to rack up four "points" at any one time, this leads to the forum system automatically banning you. The ban will last till your first infraction falls off. Now, if you're thinking "Oh, so if I just continuously keep at 3 points, then I won't be banned", you're wrong. If a mod feels that someone deserves a ban, they can request a ban be put in place for a certain amount of time.

If you still have any questions, feel free to ask, but I feel I covered the basics there. If you're worried a post will get you in trouble, feel free to mail me with what worries you, and I'll tell you whether you'd get in trouble or not. But really, if you have to ask, the answer is probably yes.

DeletedUser

Swearing/insulting/name calling/pointing out grammar etc.

Read the forum rules if you wish to know.

DeletedUser

Alright, next person to post off topic in this is getting an instant infraction. This is your official warning.

DeletedUser57379

@Casus belli

what would count as being off-topic.. would the entire post have to be off-topic or just 1 line of of the post ?

DeletedUser

@Casus belli

what would count as being off-topic.. would the entire post have to be off-topic or just 1 line of of the post ?

The entire post, usually. Depending really on how often you do it and the harshness/mood of the mod.

Basically, just to be safe always add in 1 or 2 lines of on-topic text.

I like bananas :)

DeletedUser

And like can you get more then 1 warning or infractions just afterward?
For like say you got a warning for a post,if you make another post sorta the same can you get another warning if its like a long time after the other one or do you just get an infraction.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The answer to both Shaun and Druggy's question is that it's entirely up to the mod. Technically, I could say that the entire post is off topic if it's just one line (I wouldn't). I'm more likely to judge based on the intent of the message. If you make a long off topic part, then a couple of lines to "stay on topic", I'll still count it as off topic. As for Druggy's part, it's up to the mod. Technically, we don't even have to warn you the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.