As the #1 player on this world I hope this helps you in you quest to reach #1 :icon_cool:
To be the number 1 undisputed number one player in Tribal Wars you need:
1)To be a millionaire (a billionaire or trillionaire is also perfectly acceptable) - You need to be rich so you can spend hundreds of dollars/euros/pounds on purchasing PP so you can have the most efficient account and buy off people with PP to sit you and such. The money will also come in handy as you will see in later steps...
2) Don't have a job - This will dramatically shorten the hours you will be off-line and can leave you vulnerable to attacks. However, chances are that if you've fulfilled condition 1) you can just retire from whatever job you have and focus your efforts on Tribal wars.
3) Don't have any commitments - Examples include but are not limited to: a spouse/partner of any kind, children and/or pets. Those things can distract you from what really matters; farming all day and looking after some virtual people, your precious troops.
4) Don't have a social life - Dump any friends you previously had. This won't be hard considering that if you play Tribal wars you won't have many friends in the first place. How bad would it be if a friend called over and interrupted you while your tribe was in the middle of a major war and you were supposed to be co-ordinating an attack on the enemy? Very bad indeed. Your tribe mates in-game can fill in as your new friends. I mean you probably know more about them than those friends you just dumped.
5) Keep a laptop/computer near you at all times - In fact, have one in every room of your mansion and make sure they're on 24/7. Train yourself to be an insomniac and you too can be awake 24/7. Sleep is for the weak after all. How could you sleep at night knowing that you could be the subject of a massive attack by half of the members in the enemy tribe? You couldn't. Note: If you can't train yourself to do this just drink coffe/Red Bull non-stop.
6) Hire multiple maids/butlers - You need never leave your humble abode again if you hire a few plebeians to serve you. They can get the groceries and do other menial tasks that aren't befitting of an Tribal Wars god like yourself. Just don't get crumbs on the keyboard when your food gets served to you. Note: They can't do absolutely everything for you. I don't need to point out what these are.........
7) Be an expert - You need to have a near perfect understanding of the game's battle mechanics so you can come out on top in any situation. You can gain this knowledge by trial and error, reading guides, observing battle reports and experimenting yourself.
Of course you can still be the number one player on your server without all this but all the points would help you achieve it. Hope you enjoyed my guide and it isn't too hard to follow it and do it for yourself.