How to not get rimmed every single world you play

DeletedUser110019

thx guys so if i understand correctly, Join shauns account, going inactive, something about not crying around women , build HC (while inactive) and than get a good rimming?

Mithrae

plz someone tell me

Howdy neighbour! Welcome to the rim (literally 7 or 8 villages north of me).

I'm no expert, but having enough troops to survive is the obvious answer, but also knowing how and when to use them most effectively. Learn how (and when) to dodge attacks, co-ordinate support with your tribemates, protect your troops while offline, how to backtime and how to snipe/cancel snipe.

Beyond that, looking at your W100 and W99 stats the thing that springs out to me are all your tribe changes - 6 changes by 7k points on this world and 11 changes by 13k points on 99! To me that suggests that you might be joining unstable/poorly run tribes, which could be part of your problem. Sometimes that shit happens no matter how careful you are (seems to be happening to me on this world already :mad:), and you certainly shouldn't be depending entirely on any given tribe, but looking carefully for a good tribe to join might help. Don't just join any random tribe that offers an invite: Take the time to write a tribal application saying a bit about your TW experience and goals, and then expect the same quality of response back from the tribe you're looking at. If they're not willing to take a few minutes to tell you about themselves, then you can't expect much effort from their leadership either. A few key things to consider are:
- Leaders' experience; they don't need to have led rank 1 or world-winning tribes to be worth joining (in fact I'd be dubious of such claims if they can't prove it), but they should be able to explain why they've got what it takes to lead successfully
- Tribal spread; there's no hard and fast rule, but in early game I'd say an average of 2 members per 10x10, maybe less, is about right. Less important on a limited hauls world, but members need to be close enough to support/co-ordinate with each other, without stunting each others' growth. Using a tool like tribalwarsmap.com can be helpful in finding the tribes (and threats) nearest and best for you. For example from W101 I'd say that the tribe in red below is too tightly clustered in some places, while the tribe in blue has mostly a pretty decent spread, with some sparse/isolated members (though it had other problems and since disbanded):
28418415098_7820115492_b.jpg
- Recruitment policy; remember easy come, easy go - if they're recruiting any old trash to the tribe, odds are they're chock-full of spies and people who'll jump ship at the first sign of trouble. More members doesn't always mean a better tribe - often it means that they are perceived as a bigger threat to their neighbours, and are the first tribes to be dragged into early wars. Meanwhile diffusion of responsibility makes it more likely there'll be plenty of members less willing to help out, and more likely that they will manage to keep flying under the radar for longer. (But again, there's no hard and fast rule, especially on a world with a small tribe limit like this one.)

Hope this helps :) Maybe some of the more skilled players can also offer some useful advice.

Edit: There's also the option of joining a premade before the world even opens, which I've never done, but I assume leaders' experience and recruitment/tribal policy are still important questions in that case.

Last edited:

snowflake

Howdy neighbour! Welcome to the rim (literally 7 or 8 villages north of me).

I'm no expert, but having enough troops to survive is the obvious answer, but also knowing how and when to use them most effectively. Learn how (and when) to dodge attacks, co-ordinate support with your tribemates, protect your troops while offline, how to backtime and how to snipe/cancel snipe.

Beyond that, looking at your W100 and W99 stats the thing that springs out to me are all your tribe changes - 6 changes by 7k points on this world and 11 changes by 13k points on 99! To me that suggests that you might be joining unstable/poorly run tribes, which could be part of your problem. Sometimes that shit happens no matter how careful you are (seems to be happening to me on this world already :mad:), and you certainly shouldn't be depending entirely on any given tribe, but looking carefully for a good tribe to join might help. Don't just join any random tribe that offers an invite: Take the time to write a tribal application saying a bit about your TW experience and goals, and then expect the same quality of response back from the tribe you're looking at. If they're not willing to take a few minutes to tell you about themselves, then you can't expect much effort from their leadership either. A few key things to consider are:
- Leaders' experience; they don't need to have led rank 1 or world-winning tribes to be worth joining (in fact I'd be dubious of such claims if they can't prove it), but they should be able to explain why they've got what it takes to lead successfully
- Tribal spread; there's no hard and fast rule, but in early game I'd say an average of 2 members per 10x10, maybe less, is about right. Less important on a limited hauls world, but members need to be close enough to support/co-ordinate with each other, without stunting each others' growth. Using a tool like tribalwarsmap.com can be helpful in finding the tribes (and threats) nearest and best for you. For example from W101 I'd say that the tribe in red below is too tightly clustered in some places, while the tribe in blue has mostly a pretty decent spread, with some sparse/isolated members (though it had other problems and since disbanded):
28418415098_7820115492_b.jpg
- Recruitment policy; remember easy come, easy go - if they're recruiting any old trash to the tribe, odds are they're chock-full of spies and people who'll jump ship at the first sign of trouble. More members doesn't always mean a better tribe - often it means that they are perceived as a bigger threat to their neighbours, and are the first tribes to be dragged into early wars. Meanwhile diffusion of responsibility makes it more likely there'll be plenty of members less willing to help out, and more likely that they will manage to keep flying under the radar for longer. (But again, there's no hard and fast rule, especially on a world with a small tribe limit like this one.)

Hope this helps :) Maybe some of the more skilled players can also offer some useful advice.

Edit: There's also the option of joining a premade before the world even opens, which I've never done, but I assume leaders' experience and recruitment/tribal policy are still important questions in that case.

This answer is way too informative and helpful.
I think you should go for the obviously superior shitposting genre: get a life and stop playing TW, that way you can't get rimmed.
Much better :)

Snyper Eyes

~Play on casual, this way you can't ever be rimmed.
You can still be rimmed on a casual world.... well after a few years.

Casual 1, no Point Range Restrictions, first village rule no longer in effect
Casual 2, no Point Range Restrictions, first village rule no longer in effect
Casual 3, Point Range Restriction is removed in 3 hours 26 minutes, first village rule will be removed (Casual 5 said to open)
Casual 4, Point Range Restriction increases, first village rule in effect

DeletedUser80534

Casual 3, Point Range Restriction is removed in 3 hours 26 minutes, first village rule will be removed (Casual 5 said to open)

How long has Casual 1 been running?

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score

Is there much fighting on the casual worlds? I've always wondered what they would be like but i have 0 patience to sit and barble for 2 years

Snyper Eyes

I'm only on Casual 3 and 4

Really it takes about until 1 tribe or fsmily tribe hits a certain amount of points then war breaks out early lol