~*~ HugFest ~*~

• Thread starter Deleted User - 4669627
  • Start date

DeletedUser

From what I have been told, he's already quit >.<
One annoying ____ if you ask me...

DeletedUser

Ender Wiggins started Dragon Army on W5 to recruit nothing but active newbies and train them up. Amazing tribe. Openeye founded TeachU on W13 to do the same, some amazing players came out of those. Shame there can't be one on each server.

DeletedUser

It does take a lot of effort. Its basically two jobs in one, teaching and playing. Gets you burned out quick. :p

Asylum Escapee

You need to get the right type of recruits, too. You can tell newbs how to snipe/farm/whatever all you want but 75%+ will think "that sounds hard" and keep on with their nubbish ways. You will burn out trying to teach 30+ nubs unless you have a gift for teaching, the best way to do is it recruit a few nubs to follow you, and teach them up.

DeletedUser84497

You need to get the right type of recruits, too. You can tell newbs how to snipe/farm/whatever all you want but 75%+ will think "that sounds hard" and keep on with their nubbish ways. You will burn out trying to teach 30+ nubs unless you have a gift for teaching, the best way to do is it recruit a few nubs to follow you, and teach them up.

So so, true. It really does take good to exceptional students to make it easy.

If they have the activity and chemistry to fit in and keep up with farming, (both problems with unknown's and noobs), show an aptitude for truly grasping and practicing what you teach, one good teacher could do real well with a tribe of 20-30 noobs. Of course that kinda combination of events only happens when the stars are aligned or by premades.

DeletedUser

I can see if you get emotionally invested in all 30 you're asking to burn out quick. However if you go for 30 recruits hoping 1 makes it to the top 50 then it could be worthwhile.

DeletedUser

Ender Wiggins started Dragon Army on W5 to recruit nothing but active newbies and train them up. Amazing tribe. Openeye founded TeachU on W13 to do the same, some amazing players came out of those. Shame there can't be one on each server.

That is exactly what I was thinking about. I even joined TeachU at the beginning of that world because I had been talking to him and planned to help out with it... and then I remembered I was playing W12 and didn't want to waste time on two worlds. I founded [?] similarly on W12 as a completely fresh tribe and we went on to dominate thee or four continents and stick in the top 10 for a long time (or was when I quit). How did TeachU turn out? I seem to remember two of his buddies, also good players, either both made a teaching tribe on that world as well or all three were teaching in the same one.

DeletedUser

That is exactly what I was thinking about. I even joined TeachU at the beginning of that world because I had been talking to him and planned to help out with it... and then I remembered I was playing W12 and didn't want to waste time on two worlds. I founded [?] similarly on W12 as a completely fresh tribe and we went on to dominate thee or four continents and stick in the top 10 for a long time (or was when I quit). How did TeachU turn out? I seem to remember two of his buddies, also good players, either both made a teaching tribe on that world as well or all three were teaching in the same one.

It went as planned. The tribe was only to exsist for about 2 months then disbanded. Watched alot of newbies get really into things though. It was a fun experience, the advanced strat guides can be found on a search of TeachU. Openeye posted much of the info there.

DeletedUser

I think I still have Openeye's HC/Cat strat lying around somewhere...

DeletedUser84497

I can see if you get emotionally invested in all 30 you're asking to burn out quick. However if you go for 30 recruits hoping 1 makes it to the top 50 then it could be worthwhile.

Was hoping 30-50% of them learns enough by the end to be valuable players for quality tribes on their next go round.

edit, again assuming they were all active, intelligent and eager students.

axeking

Then there are those unique worlds.
There was a world (dont remember which)with premade tribes with new players randomly allocated to these tribes. These tribes were locked; meaning no one goes out. Was one big mess with nubs and wannabe phros all together. Hopefully some good players came outta that.

DeletedUser

World 5 was actually my first world. Although I didn't join Dragon Army, I learned a lot in the HOPLON/SCIRO family. I was willing to learn and be active, and learn I did. That was where I frst learned about nukes, def villas, etc. lol

Then there are those unique worlds.
There was a world (dont remember which)with premade tribes with new players randomly allocated to these tribes. These tribes were locked; meaning no one goes out. Was one big mess with nubs and wannabe phros all together. Hopefully some good players came outta that.

I think I remember this, was it a world in the late 20s, possibly 27 or 28?

DeletedUser

World 5 was actually my first world. Although I didn't join Dragon Army, I learned a lot in the HOPLON/SCIRO family. I was willing to learn and be active, and learn I did. That was where I frst learned about nukes, def villas, etc. lol

-snicker- I was LFKD :icon_twisted:

If you do a forum search for TeachU you will find a write up on the hc/cat strat. Good stuff

DeletedUser

So so, true. It really does take good to exceptional students to make it easy.

If they have the activity and chemistry to fit in and keep up with farming, (both problems with unknown's and noobs), show an aptitude for truly grasping and practicing what you teach, one good teacher could do real well with a tribe of 20-30 noobs. Of course that kinda combination of events only happens when the stars are aligned or by premades.

Dalek was the same type of tribe in W50 maybe W52 (they all blur together now :)). We ended up doing very well and eventually alot of the noobs, myself included at the time i was of mid-level knowledge, were merged into the #2 tribe @ the time, B52's.

Was a fun world, unfortunately had to quit a couple days after the merge but you are right. It requires a perfect storm of them wanting to learn and those willing to teach. It is always nice to see it work out.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19130

Juiced started out much the same on W23. It was nothing but newbies, but as the world got older, recruitment restrictions did get much stricter, as is the case with any good tribe.

Dalek was the same type of tribe in W50 maybe W52 (they all blur together now :)). We ended up doing very well and eventually alot of the noobs, myself included at the time i was of mid-level knowledge, were merged into the #2 tribe @ the time, B52's.

Was a fun world, unfortunately had to quit a couple days after the merge but you are right. It requires a perfect storm of them wanting to learn and those willing to teach. It is always nice to see it work out.

That was W52 ;)

Last edited: