I Got 99 Problems But Rim Control Ain't One

DeletedUser

Hello there my dears, it's your sweet old Granny here.

When I've finished sipping my hot tea and a lovely jam scone, I like nothing more than to stare at the wonderful maps this world brings.
So fascinating is how Geography plays a large part in the direction of any given world so I would like to talk about that, Rim control, and some potential scenarios regarding conflict among the top four tribes.
A general disclaimer for you fine folk; my opinions and feelings have no sway on the direction of my tribe. Ain't nobody got Ronnie on leash. ;)
This isn't a PnP. This isn't an excuse to bash anyone. This is an attempt at looking at the world from an objective standpoint as someone who has been mostly inactive for at least a month and came into the world without a premade spot.
Let's get started my dears. o_O

The Four Core Tribes vs Each-other and the RIM.

After seven years of research and development, exhausting my family's vast coffers and multiple online courses, I have figured out Microsoft paint. So here, yield your senses to a culmination of my life's experiences and work.
(UPDATE: Consider the CORP Cisco territory a single entity under CORP name.)
9c2731290498bd5614cdef1de7397ff5.png

Let's talk in a bubble. Let's start by disregarding all diplomacy and assume these 4 tribes to be isolated from any other influences, specifically in context with each-other.
Starting with the two tribes in the worst position, and again reminding you that this analysis is geographic with no analysis on skill.

CORP
I name you first seeing as we are hot in the heels of the Apathy deceleration of war against you.
My oh my... oh my... condolences to my friends in Corp but it appears there has been quite a blunder in the rim department. Unless some of these tribes which are not insignificant in size are your friends, the potential for a gang up is unreal. Three fairly sizable flanking groups that leave you with relatively little safety on the rear.
We can assume an outer rim tribe to be inferior in the skill department but nonetheless, there's not much rear safety. There's still away to go before you can say to yourselves that you have a safe backline.
It is this combined with your current war state, that I consider CORP to be in the trickiest position of the main tribes.
My a significant margin you have moved far too slowly and I'm interested to see how you manage that handicap. Congratulations by the way on a favorable troop killed ratio in the first Apathy OP aghainst you. Dare I say it a surprise considering the Apathy hype this world.
It doesn't need to be said however, it's ground zero if all other entities turn on you now.

Granny's Top Tips: Make some serious aggressive moves, before they are inevitably made on you.
Granny's Top Tips #2: Have a duke with a polarizing state of like/dislike in the community as a whole.

BeCool
These fine folk have a different kind of problem on their hands.
See it appears, that they took about as much care of their rim as CORP...
Only here; Apathy and RimJob have apparently come to their aid and taken their rim for them.
Long and short term, that's a death sentence without the skill to make up for it. At least we can say CORP have taking their rim as an option. For BeCool to do that, they would have to anger one of the two major tribes that both outflank them. All the while contending with the fact that to do so leaves their flank open wider than [REDACTED]. Still, maybe their ludicrous count of death-stars might help. A hasty maneuver though, that doesn't make up for the map situation.
The potential for being teamed up on is as great as it is for Corp here, while they clean up the last of the GAR players in the core. A sub-optimally handled affair from my perspective as someone on their virgin front with RimJob.

Granny's Top Tips: Again, you are going to need to shock and awe in one direction or another or stall for time and turtle up big time. Where else is there to grow?
I suppose a short term solution would be to pick at CORP.
Granny's Top Tips #2: Merge your entire tribe into *GranTorino.

Apathy
Apathy have made strides to control villages in the North-Western continents and just have some mopping up to do where their own flank is concerned.
Direction however is not left to much speculation. The golden premade this world has made it abundantly clear that they have plans in the south, and with a low density at their BeCool front I don't fault their decision to hit CORP.
Have they perhaps button off more then they can chew however? I was expecting a much larger movement that 7 villages difference, but first ops are usually the lowest performing. I'm looking forward to seeing where it's going.
As for the other tribes, BeCool won't attack Apathy, and of course RIMJOB and them share a mutual isolation that prevents interference that negatively impacts them directly. If Ronnie wants me to send 100 hours trains to Apathy though I'll do it. #FearTheGranny
Side 1:
Tribes: Apathy
Side 2:
Tribes: CORP, NAP
Timeframe: Last week
Side 1: 15
Side 2: 8
Difference: 7

Granny's Top Tips: Keep the pressure up on CORP. Keep nukes cycling as quickly as possible or Sam will use the wait time to his advantage.
Granny's Top Tips #2: Merge your entire tribe into *GranTorino.

RimJob
For all intents and purposes, they (we I should say) have almost complete control of our rim and a significant portion of the NW rim. While lacking in the south a little, and with slightly weaker core for village density.
With the rear basically as clean as a whistle, (see tribe name) RIM Job has two clear opportunities for expansion. Of course that's BeCool and CORP.
Unlike with Apathy, they have the front to attempt either. The only risk being the event that both BeCool & CORP turn heads against them, and even then this is technically manageable from a geographic standpoint. Skill notwithstanding of course, and assuming they are not distracted by topless beachfront tribe updates from their duke...I believe that Ronnie has a lot of control right now. He can focus on BeCool which are drastically outflanked while he knows he is mostly safe from CORP with them having their own problems to deal with.
On the other hand. I have no doubt that a 3 way gang effort can be orchestrated against CORP, of which RimJob has potential to benefit from more than anybody else considering the front and the assumption that CORPs attention lies elsewhere.
Of course that leaves BeCool wanting... and again, my money is on BeCool being more likely to attack RimJob than Apathy. Of course I personally have eggs in that basket so of course it's where my attention is. That's why I only build scout villages. Can't kill what you can't see!

Granny's Top Tips: Make a f**king move Ronnie! ;)
Granny's Top Tips #2: Recruit all threats in your quarter of the world.

Alright, time to roast Granny for an analysis so off base that it's laughable.
This Turkey sin't going to baste itself!

Then again, this is more of a discussion on Rims.
I like rims.

-Eve

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser119689

Dont farm, please dont. You both take all the resources. Makes me cry when i look lol

I can only dream of farming that much at this stage :)

Moving in the middle of superdog so we gonna be roommates soon.

Very good read granny!!

~Tom