Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Does this picture represent impact now?
76_planeIntoCrater0.jpg

One can only wonder if the recent ban and obvious treachery will have a lasting effect on impact.
Unless they fix their top heavy problem, they are doomed and no inflated ego on W61 will save them :icon_redface:

DeletedUser95452

Who are Impact !?

I dont C such a tribe in Top 10
:icon_cry:

DeletedUser

If it wasn't for sidding, I doubt they would have been up that high anyways :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Edit: The problem was caused by trading resources off an account being sat, nothing to do with sidding or sharing passwords.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105908

secretly we all left because we desperately want invites to riot!

Can i haz join your trib plz?

DeletedUser

What is sidding?

Sidding comes from Sid aka Session ID. the cookie information that make sure your TW session is an exclusive one that is your account is not logged simultaneously from multiple places/device/browsers by possibly multiple persons. The process of bypassing this check is usually referred to as Sidding.

DeletedUser

It is forbidden for more than one player to be logged in to an account at the same time. Manipulating your browser in order to be logged into an account when it would not normally be possible is forbidden.
This is what the rules say about sidding. The quote is taken from §1. However, I do wonder what the motivation behind breaking such a rule would be on a relatively slow world with a farm limit of 150k...

DeletedUser

Sidding comes from Sid aka Session ID. the cookie information that make sure your TW session is an exclusive one that is your account is not logged simultaneously from multiple places/device/browsers by possibly multiple persons. The process of bypassing this check is usually referred to as Sidding.

What would even be the point of that? Just to save time doing stuff by having multiple people doing it at once or something? Like one tags incoming while the other hits launch times?

Can't really see a whole lot of benefit to that.

DeletedUser

This is what the rules say about sidding. The quote is taken from §1. However, I do wonder what the motivation behind breaking such a rule would be on a relatively slow world with a farm limit of 150k...

Yeap, it is a clear cut breaking of the rules and as far as I know, the punishment for this is perma-ban of account in game. RR, I do agree with you with slow world part and limit haul, but there are some other benefits as well, even for this world, may be those who wanted to do that was after those benefits !?

What would even be the point of that? Just to save time doing stuff by having multiple people doing it at once or something? Like one tags incoming while the other hits launch times?

Can't really see a whole lot of benefit to that.

Something like that.... people tends to do a lot of things that really is not much beneficial, yet they do.

DeletedUser

Something like that.... people tends to do a lot of things that really is not much beneficial, yet they do.

Never really saw the point in doing shit like that. Just doesn't seem beneficial. And even if there WERE benefits, you'd have to weigh them against the risks....and when you're talkin about a punishment like a perma-ban, I don't really think ANY benefits outweigh that possible cost. Some people are just silly, I guess.

DeletedUser

But yet, rumor has it a good amount of your current tribe members do that.

DeletedUser

But yet, rumor has it a good amount of your current tribe members do that.

Haven't seen anything like that, or even heard of anything like it. Obviously people aren't going to broadcast that they're doing something like that, but all I know right now is that's not what happened in this case.

DeletedUser

Zach, you took the wrong time to post that overused statement. ;)

Anyway, of course thieves are not guilty until they caught red handed. You see the problem is, it is a tad bit difficult catch sidding if you do not know what to look for and if the offender is knowledgeable. There is a reason I said rumor has it...

Whether it happened or not, the offenders know very well. If they need such mean to succeed in this game then I feel pity for them.

DeletedUser

Anyway, of course thieves are not guilty until they caught red handed. You see the problem is, it is a tad bit difficult catch sidding if you do not know what to look for and if the offender is knowledgeable. There is a reason I said rumor has it...
As far as my knowledge of ingame monitoring of accounts goes, the best way to "catch" someone sidding would be to compare login IP's with actions and times. Yet that would still only raise "suspision" of sidding, and it could just as well be a bot. How you actually prove that someone has broken the rules without them admitting it is beyond me.

DeletedUser

login IP wont help, as part of the sidding process is to fool the server that the requests are coming from the same IP, where actions are being carried out from different device/browser/place. There is some mechanisms to catch that, but yeah it is a bit difficult to do so.

DeletedUser

Would being logged into a sit on an account and then someone else logging onto the account be sidding? I could see value in that, but I don't know if its illegal.

DeletedUser105209

no because it isn`t two people playing the same account at the same time. I actually asked a mod that not too long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.