Incoming support.

DeletedUser

So far, I've heard mixed reviews about some of the changes, which I suppose is normal because change does that to people. But hand down, there is one change that has come with 7.3 that seems to be absolutely horrible, and I think it needs to be discussed. And that is the ability to see the troop quantities of all incoming support.

This has been tested already and it's not merely a feature between tribe mates. All people can identify the troop makeup of ALL incoming support commands. What this means for you, the achieving player, is that when you send a noble train with support directly behind it, your enemy will have a clear read on the support that is inbound. What it also means is that when you send a fake train with fake support behind it, your enemy will get a clear read on where your real train is aimed and what are just fakes. In fact, I myself have already ended up on the losing side of that aspect, having already had a recent noble target stacked with support that had already been drawn into another village of another member.

My assumption is that the idea behind this new feature was intended to allow you to know what you're getting when you're in need of support. That seems a reasonable enough intention. However, I think (I hope) that these additional consequences are unintended consequences of this new feature. And as such, they are so significant that they render the new feature a very poor one indeed, and one that is completely unfair, harms game play, and one that I think all players should oppose and wish to see done away with.

With that being said, I'd like to actually hear it from yourselves, though, how you feel about this new feature.

Deleted User - 11474922

agree too, if they want to keep it that way, they they should just put an option like "Allow the supported player to view the troops" or something like that.

DeletedUser

So far, I've heard mixed reviews about some of the changes, which I suppose is normal because change does that to people. But hand down, there is one change that has come with 7.3 that seems to be absolutely horrible, and I think it needs to be discussed. And that is the ability to see the troop quantities of all incoming support.

This has been tested already and it's not merely a feature between tribe mates. All people can identify the troop makeup of ALL incoming support commands. What this means for you, the achieving player, is that when you send a noble train with support directly behind it, your enemy will have a clear read on the support that is inbound. What it also means is that when you send a fake train with fake support behind it, your enemy will get a clear read on where your real train is aimed and what are just fakes. In fact, I myself have already ended up on the losing side of that aspect, having already had a recent noble target stacked with support that had already been drawn into another village of another member.

My assumption is that the idea behind this new feature was intended to allow you to know what you're getting when you're in need of support. That seems a reasonable enough intention. However, I think (I hope) that these additional consequences are unintended consequences of this new feature. And as such, they are so significant that they render the new feature a very poor one indeed, and one that is completely unfair, harms game play, and one that I think all players should oppose and wish to see done away with.

With that being said, I'd like to actually hear it from yourselves, though, how you feel about this new feature.

It has been adressed in the thread regarding the updates , and apparently it is a mistake and will be removed.

/cheers n00b

DeletedUser49590

If you play a non-gay world, it is fine :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I could see if they kept it that you could send a fake suport behind a real train and real suport behind a fake train and completely catch your target off guard. But, I am sure everyone else has thought of something like that.

DeletedUser69611

I could see if they kept it that you could send a fake suport behind a real train and real suport behind a fake train and completely catch your target off guard. But, I am sure everyone else has thought of something like that.

Ahh that is so true... Very nice plan... Well now if they do add that people will do it ::icon_confused:

DeletedUser100590

Tbf, on large scale attacks, not a lot has changed. It would be at the beginning of worlds that it proposed a problem.