Interested in Graphics help?

DeletedUser

If you are interested in learning how to make sigs, banners, etc. I would be up for creating a new graphics chat/group in order to teach some basics to new designers and gain additional knowledge from the more experienced.

I am far from a master of GFX but I can teach the basics, how to use photoshop/gimp, etc. You can see the kind of style and things I tend to make in my showroom if you wish to see more. Plus we can nag zen and who knows, maybe dig up GE etc :icon_razz:

Just browsing the forum there's not many people posting work, but a lot reading and looking at tutorials etc, so if you of any degree of skill (even if you have never tried it before) would like to participate just post in here. I would like to revive this forum into the interesting place of creativity and expression it was previously.

You can either post here or message me on skype: harbinger297. I will create a new chat on there (the old GFX chat could probably do with recycling anyway :3 ).

Rather than just individual posting we could offer a lot more feedback and interaction from other users this way, improving both quality and interest. So if you would like to be a part of it, let me know! :)

DeletedUser

Recycle the old chat?! :icon_surprised:

PM me on skype harb, I have something that might just interest you in this area.

DeletedUser

I'd imagine that a lot of the older people went to Tagfreak; I've seen zenron there, and someone else with "Inc." in their name there that also came from TW at some point.

DeletedUser

I'd imagine that a lot of the older people went to Tagfreak; I've seen zenron there, and someone else with "Inc." in their name there that also came from TW at some point.

Never even heard of it. :3

I'll check it out, but I still would like to get some new guys from here active again. I find dedicated GFX forums/etc (while useful for learning and improving) are not as interesting or fun. Plus you get too many ego's (in my experience).

DeletedUser

Never even heard of it. :3

I'll check it out, but I still would like to get some new guys from here active again. I find dedicated GFX forums/etc (while useful for learning and improving) are not as interesting or fun. Plus you get too many ego's (in my experience).

Not to argue against you, as I also want the Graphics section to flourish again, but Tagfreak is really an amazing site. Surprisingly, the people give genuine CnC (despite the fact that they are, generally, miles better than you or I) and there are always competitions going on :p

DeletedUser

Zenron has touched upon tagfreak for a while, although he mainly lurked, never really posting. I haven't been there myself for quite some time, but often get email updates from them :)

They do seem like a genuinely nice bunch, fewer egos than many sites, and with more open minds. Too often sites are going the way of pimped pixels, where with the school there everyone is coming out with similar tag styles, so everything looks the same. I only ever pop back to those sites now to see if they have posted up any decent resource packs :D

DeletedUser

I have a resource pack from tagfreak that was made by a TW person :D Not sure who it is, but he goes by Platina on tagfreak.

I'm not sure if the demand for gfx is high enough any more though, you rarely see anyone mention wanting to start graphics nowadays.

DeletedUser

Platina is a decent tag designer from the .nl TW server, worth keeping an eye on. I've found that the demand is still there, just established forum personas have a select number of designers that they will go to, rather than open it up to the entire community. As for starting graphics, from a gaming forum such as this one the start can be quite hard. I have a project that I am establishing, and when it is ready to relaunch in 2014 I have a feeling we will be seeing a few new designers making an appearance :)

DeletedUser

Wow, .nl has some great people; Galaxy inc. is also a well-known poster on Tagfreak. Lets merge into .nl :x