Invite then Attack?

DeletedUser

Call me old fashion, but has it become fashionable to invite someone into your tribe, wait a couple of days, wait for them to send support to another tribe member, then kick and attack?

A friend of mine told me that some tribes do it to lure players in and destroy (no tribe, refugee, who is going to help him?), but that seems to be only because they want room to grow. Is this true?

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Sadly, some people do this.

Some people also recruit purely for meat-shields.

The trick is to spot who is trying to use you, and who is a leader that you can actually trust.

DeletedUser

Good luck finding a good tribe. Currently on 3 worlds, and I have been a part of 6 tribes that the leaders sucked, bailed to another tribe, or both.

I got promoted to Duke when all the leadership left in one tribe. Was quite the surprise to log in and find myself with full privileges. =(

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Good luck finding a good tribe.

I've been in a number of "good" tribes personally. I feel I have led ones in the past that would qualify as such too. You're unlucky if you have had bad experiences, but pretty much everybody does in this game from time to time. Maybe work on your skills a little more - if you brush up enough, good tribes will likely find you.

DeletedUser93450

Or... ask for help.

I, personally, find it very hard to turn away someone whom asks for help. :p

DeletedUser

Good luck finding a good tribe. Currently on 3 worlds, and I have been a part of 6 tribes that the leaders sucked, bailed to another tribe, or both.

I got promoted to Duke when all the leadership left in one tribe. Was quite the surprise to log in and find myself with full privileges. =(

If the tribes profile looks something like this then stay well away;

WE R SPARTANS

RECRUITMENT: OPEN/LIMITED/CLOSED

DIPLOMACY: OPEN/LIMITED/CLOSED

U MESS WITH ONE OF US YOU MESS WITH ALL OF US

TROOPS WIN WARS

And so on. You get the idea.

DeletedUser

We can go all day about finding a good tribe (how few they are, how hard it is to get into one of them, etc).

Back to OP: It is a shame that some tribes feel that the invite and betray is the way to grow, thrive, and survive. It was worth sharing -- let my experience be a lesson for others.

DeletedUser

We can go all day about finding a good tribe (how few they are, how hard it is to get into one of them, etc).

Back to OP: It is a shame that some tribes feel that the invite and betray is the way to grow, thrive, and survive. It was worth sharing -- let my experience be a lesson for others.

But that is a sign of a bad tribe, if that doesn't float your boat, maybe you should heed what people are telling you about finding good tribes.

If you listen to the feedback, maybe you won't have to share a similar experience in the future.

DeletedUser

Well that's certainly cruel. I have never wanted to invite someone to my tribe who's not good enough or willing to learn (aka never invited someone as a meat-shield) but I have had people in my tribe do that once or twice. I may have been invited to nooby tribes as a meat-shield only for them to realize I'm better than they thought I was, haha.

DeletedUser54064

This has become common practice now? Well I'll be surprised, was never in a premade before other than one occasion, even then, never really joined a tribe where they intended to use me in that way!

DeletedUser92790

Brian X 5/6/12 9:00 AM
i ate tamales and cheesecake
it's never too early for tamales
Brian X 5/6/12 10:14 AM
im gonna go eat again
Brian X 5/6/12 10:15 AM
idk how im hungry again..

DeletedUser104171

Call me old fashion, but has it become fashionable to invite someone into your tribe, wait a couple of days, wait for them to send support to another tribe member, then kick and attack?

A friend of mine told me that some tribes do it to lure players in and destroy (no tribe, refugee, who is going to help him?), but that seems to be only because they want room to grow. Is this true?

I disagree, in my opinion, that is what backstabbers and gutless cowards do!