It should not take 3 days for your forum account to be activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser831

These forums hardly have anyone posting, when you consider the size of the player base. I think part of the reason for this is that you can't post until your account is "activated". There is no activation email sent out, it seems that accounts are approved of manually. Why is this the case? It seems to be greatly restricting the number of participants on these forums.

DeletedUser

I dont see how. Regardless of wether it takes 3 days or not for your account to be activated (mine, when I first started took less than 24 hrs, and that was when the game started and there was I assume a rush of apps) once an account is active people can use it.

I think people just choose not to frequent the forums, which is a loss, I would much prefer a more active politics and propaganda forum, although it has been fun of late anyway :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser74

it should get pretty busy aftre FT just disbanded. some discussion is bound to happen.

DeletedUser20

Im glad that not too many people post...i mean there are 20k people playing this, if everyone posted one a day then im sure youd be saying they should seperate it more or something stupid like that. Thankfully tribe forums take up a lot.

DeletedUser

paladin 5 and Baby Bew stop posting large images everywhere!!

To answer your question accounts are validated within 12 hrs normall I check 2-5 times a day and validate all accounts. This is done now because some stupid people would post rubbish all over the forums then get banned and just create a new account.

If its a weekend it may take 24hrs as I am not online at all on fri night-sat night.

DeletedUser255

I can't remember this problem for me. I use hotmail and i think it only took 10-20 minutes. Did you check your junk email inbox?

DeletedUser

Zelnen: They put in a second step, a manual activation after the junk email.

Why can't you just make it an automatic wait of 1 day or a couple hours before a person can use their account.

DeletedUser175

there isnt a point its just annoying. the reason mods have to aprove people is because of was l-d said: This is done now because some stupid people would post rubbish all over the forums then get banned and just create a new account.

waiting a day or a few hours wont stop them signing up again

DeletedUser805

Roch2001 said:
I think people just choose not to frequent the forums, which is a loss, I would much prefer a more active politics and propaganda forum, although it has been fun of late anyway :icon_rolleyes:

If a more active forum is desired, it will require doing away with heavy moderation, which I don't see happening here.

When people try to control the direction of a conversation in a thread through moderation (rather than persuasion), as opposed to letting it flow naturally as normal real life conversations do, it gets to be overly constraining and not worth participating in.

In an environment where people are told: "don't post here, don't do this, don't do that, don't reply, don't discuss this here," what you will eventually see is that people just won't bother to post at all. What is the point if you can't converse in a way that is comfortable to YOU?

Any forum which has rules based on the interests of the moderators, rather than the interests of the player/user base, will be less successful than a similar forum with less stringent moderation.

Moderators should rarely be seen on a forum, and VERY rarely use their administrative rights, if they want to ensure an active community that promotes growth. Don't get me wrong here - there definitely needs to be moderation, it's simply a question of balance that needs to factor in the community, desired goals of the site, and purpose of the forum.

If the administrators of a given forum are happy with a smaller amount of participation and don't care to attract as many members as possible, then what they are doing is proper for them.

DeletedUser

Yeah well bounty maybe you should have a word to the t/w people and stop them from spamming, posting pics everywhere. Yeah you make it more active and the amount of complaints I have had from other players towards T|W players is around 10 a day when I only used to get 1-2 a week. If you want to spam and post pictures everywhere use your own forums we dont want it here.

DeletedUser805

I'm also taking a wild guess that you've seen a significant bump in revenue from premium account sales. Take care not to throw the baby out with the bath water. :icon_wink:

And, for the record, our members have been cautioned to abide by the rules here - however much they may disagree with them.

As is typical of mass site migrations by T/W (the group's presence here only being the latest of many mass migrations/visitations to other sites; some for the purpose of helping a site or enjoying a game, others for the purpose of wreaking havoc and/or completely bringing down the site of an unjust institution such as www.prussianblue.com), if you wait a week or so and let the rabid TW horde calm itself down (they get excited, like puppies walking into a new home for the first time), you'll find that they're rather easy to get along with, and extremely helpful in many ways. You will also notice a severe decrease in complaints/problems, once they've gotten the excitement of being at a new place out of their systems.

At any rate, EVERYONE needs to take some big, deep breaths and calm down.

DeletedUser2

well, since we've turned off the manual authorisation of the forum accounts I will close this topic

Status
Not open for further replies.