Kicking the ass of dogs ... a DIM guide

netjakdim

Getting back to the fear thing, I have a dog that is maybe 5 kg's, if someone shows fear around him, he gets very aggressive, while I do my best to restrain him, there have been times when he has gotten away from me. Kinda funny watching him chase another dog 10x his size and steal his bone, or even a person that will sit across the room from him because of their fear (of course I send him out of the room if a person has a fear of dogs). Fear can have unintended consequences, and we are not a small Yorkie. And there is fear aggression where I am going to bite you, before you bite me.....don't bite off more than you can chew.

People who can't control their dogs kill me. I always wear work boots for this specific reason. Thanks to some stupid old lady up in Raleigh I have a juvenille record for Animal Abuse. She had this stupid Doberman Pincher that was barking and snapping at everyone. I was having a particularly bad day to begin with but anyway long story short the stupid dog snipped my leg and I broke its jaw. I still have a scar on my calf but I gaurantee that dog never bit another person.

DeletedUser

People who can't control their dogs kill me. I always wear work boots for this specific reason. Thanks to some stupid old lady up in Raleigh I have a juvenille record for Animal Abuse. She had this stupid Doberman Pincher that was barking and snapping at everyone. I was having a particularly bad day to begin with but anyway long story short the stupid dog snipped my leg and I broke its jaw. I still have a scar on my calf but I gaurantee that dog never bit another person.

I actually agree with you completely about controlling your dog, the problem is when people assume your dog is passive because he is small and cute, and violate their space before the owner can call off his dog, I am not saying that you did this, not at all, just saying the problem that I encounter, especially with kids (believe me, I have worked hard to control my little guy, but I still have to be there to tell him not to attack). Unless the dog you attacked was killed, it is probably more likely that that dog will be more agressive.

Having said that, people that cannot control themselves kill me even more.

netjakdim

I was wondering why these posts were no longer in the original thread.
Bad, You go sir moving stuff to and fro.:icon_cool:

DeletedUser

At the general public, warning them to not underestimate his 5kg dog.

DeletedUser

the dog discussions were kinda interrupting the flow of the topic, but were substantial enough to not infract and simply move ;)