Krieggy's 9 Points of Manipulation

Kriegselend

Well, when I made this article, it wasn't originally for this thread. Actually, I didn't even consider making this thread until after I had finished this article. So it does not put things in terms easier to understand for TW. However, all of it is applicable to TW, I would know. ;) Anyway, the real reason why I am making this thread, is because I am quitting TW. And no mods, this is not an invitation to perma ban me to help me with my addiction. :icon_wink: Funnily enough, I have been ... well, whatever.

The list of people for me to say good bye to has shrunken quite a bit. :lol: But I will say this; To the original DSQD members of w41, you guys are awesome. Well, most of you are atleast. :icon_wink: Anyway, DSQD was an awesome tribe and I am glad I got to lead such a fantastic tribe.

To the members of OCD... OCD is an awesome tribe and I am glad that I was able to take part in its creation. To faaaaark, rednecks, wraith, my canadian mexican, jj, and many many others, I hope to play in a tribe with you guys again, it was awesome to be in OCD with you.

To other people of no small importance: Jirki, petn, typho, ally and abi... Thanks. Whether it was be my friend, or help me with that.. :icon_wink: Thank you. I am thankful to all of you.

To Aten32/Tamin23: You're a fool. OCD will win out against you. Maybe, you'll realize that SCC could've had a better future then what you gave them.

To everyone else: I have some choice words, but I think saying them would make you all to happy. Nah, just kidding, whether it be nauzy, pervie, or whoever, at the end of the day, it was only a game and if you still have ill feelings towards me, then you'll be hopelessly lost.

Oh and to the .uk players, do not think this counts as my resignation as an Elder mod, I fully intend to mod on .uk for a long while to come. :icon_razz: Hence why I did not mention Tracey or Thar in my post. ;) Anyway, jeesh... As my departing gift, I give you all; Krieggy's 9 Points of Manipulation

[spoil]The 9 Points of Manipulation The art of manipulating people, is a very confusing and intricate art. The basics are easy enough to understand, but to fully utilize this art, your mind needs to think of every possibility of the outcome as possible, figure out which one best suits you and the one the person your trying to manipulate will likely choose and then to top it off, figure out how to use words to bring them to the path you want them to choose. To describe in detail how to do this, would require pages and pages and pages of just one thing. Unfortunately, I think that most readers would be utterly confused and ultimately bored, by the time I got to the final conclusion.

So instead, I will lay out the points for you, I will generalize the basic points of manipulation.

Point 1: Understanding
Sun Tzu said; "Know yourself and your enemy and you will never lose." This is true. You must understand yourself, but more importantly, you must understand your enemy. The more you understand them, the more you can manipulate them. If you do not understand your enemy at all, you cannot manipulate them at all. If you understand their most basic desire, you can manipulate them minimally and with the minor benefit. If you understand your enemy inside and out, you can manipulate them to the maximum amount and reap the maximum rewards.

Point 2: Conception
Conception... What is it that you want? How do you want to achieve what you want? How can you bring what others want to further what you want? You must be able to think what you want, what your enemy wants and how to bring those two lines of "wants" together to further your want. If you act irrationally and do not think it through, you will never be able to concieve what you want through manipulation.

Point 3: Words
This, is probably the most important aspect of manipulation. I do not know much about other languages, but the English languages has many different meanings for the same word. Even if they're subtle differences in the meanings. For example, when you approach someone, instead of saying; "I want this" you can say "We want this." This gives the impression that you are in this together. That you look at him/her/them, that you are in this together as equals. If you say "I want this" you give the impression that it is what you alone want, that they are working for you and you are merely pointing the direction. Depending on the situation, either one is effective. You must figure it out though before you say it. Even the smallest of details can make the biggest of differences. If you are preparing a speech, re-read every line, look at every figure. Word your speech to match your goals perfectly. Do you want the person/people your manipulating to see you as the head leader, or do you want them to see you as an equal? Remember, even if they see you as an equal, you can make them see you as a leader in later speeches through more subtle means.

Point 4: Emotion
Emotions are a very useful, yet dangerous thing to use. You can manipulate people far easier if they are in a high state of emotion. Whether they be angry, stressed, depressed, etc.. Does not matter, if you offer them hope they will listen to you. You must be passionate though and continue to leave them little bits of what they want. If they sense falsehood in you, they will turn on you. Now the key to emotions, is creating the emotion. To be able to harness the ability to make a person have a high state of emotion is very key. Anger, in my opinion, works best. If you are trying to humiliate your opponent, anger him and he shall make mistakes. If you are trying to make your opponent your ally, depress him and he shall be your ally if you offer him hope. But how do you do this? To depress an opponent, remind him constantly of all the things going wrong. Pound it into him day in and day out, but be careful. If you over do it, they can turn against you. When at last, the opponent is hopelessly depressed, you can make him do whatever you want so long as you offer him a way out.

Point 5: Subtetly
If words are the most important aspect of manipulation, then understanding when subtetly needs to be used is the key to that aspect. If you are trying to cause anger in your opponent (anger directed at you), then be blunt. Point out his mistakes, his failings, every chance you get. If you are trying to depress your opponent, talk to him constantly and leave comments about how hopeless things are here and there that connect and flow with the conversation. It is beneficial to be subtle or blunt, but you need to know when to be either. If you are to blunt at the wrong time, then your opponent will see through your facade. If you are to subtle then your opponent may not register what you are hinting at/trying to show him.

Point 6: Execution
Execution is key. Once you begin to manipulate a person, you cannot back down and leave the person alone. If your plans have become confusing and need more time to be executed then you need to keep that person around you and continue to converse with them. If you are trying to create an ally, then you cannot leave them hanging under any circumstances. You must be there at all times. If you are angering your opponent, then you cannot leave the fight unfinished. It will invite more fights later on and give them a sense of winning against you. Whatever your intnetions may be, you must keep them going or execute them. To withdraw is to leave yourself open and exposed.

Point 7: Mistakes
When you are a master of manipulation, then you can make your mistakes seem like part of a grand plan. You can alter your plans to accomodate your mistakes and have it all look like it was all to your original design. I will not say this is a necessary tactic, but I will say that when you have mastered the art of manipulation, it is a wonderful tactic to have.

Point 8: Trust
Obviously, if someone trusts you they are easier to manipulate. Though using this trust to your ultimate benefit is a very tricky and dangerous it also has many benefits. Be warned though, every time you plan to use someones trust you must be able to accept the possible consequences of them finding out of being used. They will never trust you again and may even seek revenge if they feel violated enough to do so. So when you manipulate someone who trusts you, you have to acknowledge the fact that you may never be able to manipulate them again, ever. Tread carefully... Point 9: Counter Ahh, counter... How do you manipulate someone who does not trust you? This is my most treasured secret in the art of manipulation. It is easily the hardest skill to master. And for now, I will keep this secret for myself. ;)[/spoil]

Finally, to all the haters who say I'll be back... Its possible, but I hope not. I did not even think to create this thread, until I had finished writing my 9 points of manipulation and even then, after that, I figured I mine aswell announce my departure with the 9 points. With snowboarding season just around the corner, I won't have any time at all left to play this game between working, snowboarding and moding. GG and GL you guys. It was always fun for me. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Sorry. But with the stupid amount of smilies you have, the lack of paragraphs, and the strange use of big bolded text has put me right off your thread. I never even bothered to read the 1st 2 words.

Also with the stupidly big bolded words separating that whole line so that makes itself stand out, and on that line you try to name drop 2 mods and inform everyone you are also an elder mod just screams failure for whatever this thread is about.

Will someone give a short version of whatever inane things he is trying to ramble on about?

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Don't worry about Petert, he's having his special day of the month

tl;dr will read when I have time... maybe

Internal Server Error

Didn't read for same reasons as Peter. Seems more a thread about drawing attention than actual giving guidance to others. Its not to hard to hit the enter button every now again to seperate paragraphs, so I strongly recommend you do that.

DeletedUser

I threw in some spaces, a few bbcodes and just made it easier to read cause I was bored.

[spoil]Well, when I made this article, it wasn't originally for this thread. Actually, I didn't even consider making this thread until after I had finished this article. So it does not put things in terms easier to understand for TW. However, all of it is applicable to TW, I would know. ;) Anyway, the real reason why I am making this thread, is because I am quitting TW. And no mods, this is not an invitation to perma ban me to help me with my addiction. :icon_wink: Funnily enough, I have been ... well, whatever. The list of people for me to say good bye to has shrunken quite a bit. :lol: But I will say this;

To the original DSQD members of w41, you guys are awesome. Well, most of you are atleast. :icon_wink: Anyway, DSQD was an awesome tribe and I am glad I got to lead such a fantastic tribe. To the members of OCD... OCD is an awesome tribe and I am glad that I was able to take part in its creation. To faaaaark, rednecks, wraith, my canadian mexican, jj, and many many others, I hope to play in a tribe with you guys again, it was awesome to be in OCD with you. :) To other people of no small importance: Jirki, petn, typho, ally and abi... Thanks. Whether it was be my friend, or help me with that.. :icon_wink: Thank you. I am thankful to all of you. To Aten32/Tamin23: You're a fool. OCD will win out against you. Maybe, you'll realize that SCC could've had a better future then what you gave them. To everyone else: I have some choice words, but I think saying them would make you all to happy. :icon_wink: Nah, just kidding, whether it be nauzy, pervie, or whoever, at the end of the day, it was only a game and if you still have ill feelings towards me, then you'll be hopelessly lost. Oh and to the .uk players, do not think this counts as my resignation as an Elder mod, I fully intend to mod on .uk for a long while to come. :icon_razz: Hence why I did not mention Tracey or Thar in my post. ;)

Anyway, jeesh...

As my departing gift, I give you all;

Krieggy's 9 Points of Manipulation

[spoil]The 9 Points of Manipulation

The art of manipulating people, is a very confusing and intricate art. The basics are easy enough to understand, but to fully utilize this art, your mind needs to think of every possibility of the outcome as possible, figure out which one best suits you and the one the person your trying to manipulate will likely choose and then to top it off, figure out how to use words to bring them to the path you want them to choose. To describe in detail how to do this, would require pages and pages and pages of just one thing. Unfortunately, I think that most readers would be utterly confused and ultimately bored, by the time I got to the final conclusion. So instead, I will lay out the points for you, I will generalize the basic points of manipulation.

Point 1: Understanding
Sun Tzu said; "Know yourself and your enemy and you will never lose." This is true. You must understand yourself, but more importantly, you must understand your enemy. The more you understand them, the more you can manipulate them. If you do not understand your enemy at all, you cannot manipulate them at all. If you understand their most basic desire, you can manipulate them minimally and with the minor benefit. If you understand your enemy inside and out, you can manipulate them to the maximum amount and reap the maximum rewards.

Point 2: Conception
Conception... What is it that you want? How do you want to achieve what you want? How can you bring what others want to further what you want? You must be able to think what you want, what your enemy wants and how to bring those two lines of "wants" together to further your want. If you act irrationally and do not think it through, you will never be able to concieve what you want through manipulation.

Point 3: Words
This, is probably the most important aspect of manipulation. I do not know much about other languages, but the English languages has many different meanings for the same word. Even if they're subtle differences in the meanings. For example, when you approach someone, instead of saying; "I want this" you can say "We want this." This gives the impression that you are in this together. That you look at him/her/them, that you are in this together as equals. If you say "I want this" you give the impression that it is what you alone want, that they are working for you and you are merely pointing the direction. Depending on the situation, either one is effective. You must figure it out though before you say it. Even the smallest of details can make the biggest of differences. If you are preparing a speech, re-read every line, look at every figure. Word your speech to match your goals perfectly. Do you want the person/people your manipulating to see you as the head leader, or do you want them to see you as an equal? Remember, even if they see you as an equal, you can make them see you as a leader in later speeches through more subtle means.

Point 4: Emotion
Emotions are a very useful, yet dangerous thing to use. You can manipulate people far easier if they are in a high state of emotion. Whether they be angry, stressed, depressed, etc.. Does not matter, if you offer them hope they will listen to you. You must be passionate though and continue to leave them little bits of what they want. If they sense falsehood in you, they will turn on you. Now the key to emotions, is creating the emotion. To be able to harness the ability to make a person have a high state of emotion is very key. Anger, in my opinion, works best. If you are trying to humiliate your opponent, anger him and he shall make mistakes. If you are trying to make your opponent your ally, depress him and he shall be your ally if you offer him hope. But how do you do this? To depress an opponent, remind him constantly of all the things going wrong. Pound it into him day in and day out, but be careful. If you over do it, they can turn against you. When at last, the opponent is hopelessly depressed, you can make him do whatever you want so long as you offer him a way out.

Point 5: Subtetly
If words are the most important aspect of manipulation, then understanding when subtetly needs to be used is the key to that aspect. If you are trying to cause anger in your opponent (anger directed at you), then be blunt. Point out his mistakes, his failings, every chance you get. If you are trying to depress your opponent, talk to him constantly and leave comments about how hopeless things are here and there that connect and flow with the conversation. It is beneficial to be subtle or blunt, but you need to know when to be either. If you are to blunt at the wrong time, then your opponent will see through your facade. If you are to subtle then your opponent may not register what you are hinting at/trying to show him.

Point 6: Execution
Execution is key. Once you begin to manipulate a person, you cannot back down and leave the person alone. If your plans have become confusing and need more time to be executed then you need to keep that person around you and continue to converse with them. If you are trying to create an ally, then you cannot leave them hanging under any circumstances. You must be there at all times. If you are angering your opponent, then you cannot leave the fight unfinished. It will invite more fights later on and give them a sense of winning against you. Whatever your intnetions may be, you must keep them going or execute them. To withdraw is to leave yourself open and exposed.

Point 7: Mistakes
When you are a master of manipulation, then you can make your mistakes seem like part of a grand plan. You can alter your plans to accomodate your mistakes and have it all look like it was all to your original design. I will not say this is a necessary tactic, but I will say that when you have mastered the art of manipulation, it is a wonderful tactic to have.

Point 8: Trust
Obviously, if someone trusts you they are easier to manipulate. Though using this trust to your ultimate benefit is a very tricky and dangerous it also has many benefits. Be warned though, every time you plan to use someones trust you must be able to accept the possible consequences of them finding out of being used. They will never trust you again and may even seek revenge if they feel violated enough to do so. So when you manipulate someone who trusts you, you have to acknowledge the fact that you may never be able to manipulate them again, ever. Tread carefully...

Point 9: Counter
Ahh, counter... How do you manipulate someone who does not trust you? This is my most treasured secret in the art of manipulation. It is easily the hardest skill to master. And for now, I will keep this secret for myself. ;)[/spoil]

Finally, to all the haters who say I'll be back... Its possible, but I hope not. I did not even think to create this thread, until I had finished writing my 9 points of manipulation and even then, after that, I figured I mine aswell announce my departure with the 9 points. With snowboarding season just around the corner, I won't have any time at all left to play this game between working, snowboarding and moding. GG and GL you guys. It was always fun for me. :)[/spoil]

DeletedUser

That was amazing.

Really?

No. Didn't Read It.

Ninjaedit - Thanks Calis ;)

DeletedUser

Actually, being able to bend people's wills to do what you want is a brilliant skill.

Not too happy Krieg wrote a guide, but all the stuff in there is obvious anyway.

Internal Server Error

Meh, to be honest, for anyone who wants to manipulte then this is common sense. Even KV's "little secret" at the end is fairly easily known, well at least to me. I'll give him props for taking the time out for writing the guide, as it will make it easier for some newer players to define manipulation and then use it.

However, more props go to Calis for his post containing a new layout. Was way better. <3

DeletedUser

this is the first time i've ever said this (and probably the last as well), but

TL;DR

I tired to read it, but I got bored.

and also, I thought I was notorious for my WOTs, but this WOT makes my WOTs look like single sentence paragraphs.

DeletedUser

I'm sorry, this is all I got out of this post:

walloftext.jpg

Please edit it to make it more reader friendly.

ackcody

After reading, I now have an idea how he got to be an elder in the first place. :icon_wink:
Joking... Bai.

DeletedUser

Deserve's to be flamed.....By the way, We hate you Kriegselend, Terrible back stabbing player, Who can only last 1 round.

Oh! I lost all my troop's, Let's flame the world on how crap it is, and quit.

Waste of time, Better you just leave TW for good, cause no one want's you at .Co.Uk either.

DeletedUser

Deserve's to be flamed.....By the way, We hate you Kriegselend, Terrible back stabbing player, Who can only last 1 round.

Oh! I lost all my troop's, Let's flame the world on how crap it is, and quit.

Waste of time, Better you just leave TW for good, cause no one want's you at .Co.Uk either.

if your going to post something like this, at least have the guts to post it under your actual name instead of just using an alias that you created 3 days ago.

DeletedUser

tl;dr

Didn't even look well written or interesting enough to read.