lamentable failure of tw

Kiwi2011

Funnily enough tw was a great game in the beginning but has lost the x factor somewhat with the introduction of new concepts that dumb down the game so that noons can thrive. For example the 7 year player who lives on the rim feels the need to cat a 300 point village for his quests how unfortunate the days of skill and integrity are gone, replaced by flag hunters with no morales or skill to play this once great game . simply said once you dumb down the game the simple thrive

DeletedUser66411

If you are 300 points at this stage in the world I think you need some lessons yourself.

DeletedUser66411

Yes but there is a new world out and this one has been open for a few months now. Since the worlds are much smaller these days realistically you can't expect to do well on a world starting this late.

Kiwi2011

Wow really missing the point here aren't you? Read carefully before you post please .

DeletedUser111495

A 300 point player on the rim feels hes entitled to grow without being attacked simply because he joined late then complains about peoples skills :lol:

DeletedUser66411

Wow really missing the point here aren't you? Read carefully before you post please .
You're comical. Yes there are features that have been added to the game that in my opinion are detrimental to true competition ie. Resource buying, speed building and Flags. That being said there was never a point on any world where you could start when players are well over a million points and expect to do well. You post that TW was a great game in the beginning and then blame it on new concepts which have nothing to do with starting a world late.

I would completely agree with you that the PP system punishes players severely during start up if you are unwilling to spend. Your example you give is irrelevant to that point and you should try starting on the newest possible world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiwi2011

A 300 point player on the rim feels hes entitled to grow without being attacked simply because he joined late then complains about peoples skills :lol:

Wow people accepting that a 40K player needs to cat a 300 pt village is the problem and my point again
Shows how far standards of play and player have fallen if it's seen as acceptable for this type of play

DeletedUser55551

People have always catted lower villages, we did it on W19 to make sure no one would grow in our region lol

DeletedUser55551

I've played since W1, I'm sure maybe a few who read this have as well. This game is not the same as it used to be, whether or not you think its for the better it has changed. In my opinion, the game peaked around World 20ish and from there has been getting less and less entertaining (I'm still here though and that's because I have a itching to win a world and quit this game forever lol.) Premium features killed this game, I understand inno has to make money, but really 20% res boosts, instant builds, tagging features, command & village notes sharing, and automatic noble train nonsense (I know its not just a premium feature but still shouldn't exist) is too much. All of this takes away from the actual skill, if you can call anything online a skill, of the game. 20% res boost replaces some amount of farming or increases resources pulled in while instant building gives old players who use premium a huge advantage. No wonder no one new wants to play, because they can't get past the same 2000 players that play on every world and grow villages 5x faster than anyone else. Don't even get me started on tagging, and the automatic noble trains (or whatever its called)? Let's just make it impossible for new players to snipe anything coming at them. command and village notes sharing takes away from coordination as well, why do we need forums anymore? Premades also suck, but only the same 100 people who win those consistently enjoy those. World ending scenarios suck as well, World 1 went on forever (I didn't stay until the end.) Everyone assumed that it would go on until the last player standing, which made everyone hungry to fight, tribes disbanded on a whim, and you actually had to be sure you trusted your personal allies, it wasn't an achievement to reach 100, because all you wanted were 5-10 that you knew had your back. Worthless events that handed out free boosts didn't exist either, so it wasn't corny. Farm assistant is another thing, sure it saves time. But it speeds up growth, saving 3 hours to farm is 3 hours to comb through villages and build them. And with account manager all you have to get online and do is attack and defend. THAT is why this game is ruined, because it doesn't take any amount of "skill." All it takes is who buys premium first. To end this, I made it to 13 million points on World 1 with no premium. It was fun because I didnt have the ability comb through 400 villages in 10 minutes. I had to go through each one and build its buildings and build its troops manually. This game died when 2 things happened, premium features became outrageous, and the end game scenario was introduced.

DeletedUser116223

I dont agree that it requires skill to build your villas without account manager.
You just spend more time clicking buildings....

But i will agree that the option of buying resources pushing buildings etc ruined the game.

Auto tag is bad

Last edited:

DeletedUser58259

P2W in general.

I've played since 9, and though some of what you said is true, a couple things I disagree with.

While it allows less experienced player to send trains, using the in-game feature, it also allows people who prefer chrome and other browsers to not have to switch to old opera. There is not much skill involved in sending a proper train. Just good internet (At least this is what it was in the past, and now almost everyone has good enough internet). "Worthless events that handed out free boosts didn't exist either, so it wasn't corny." I think they've gone a little overboard on these lately, but the early events that gave very little advantage on their boosts was good, for active players. Though they have gone wayyyy overboard, and adding the ability to purchase extra bonuses in these events is pathetic.

Next to the features considered "p2w" not including Account Manager (which I don't care if it requires less skill to use AM, it makes playing this game bearable at larger sizes), normal premium and loot assist, the second most damaging thing to this game was adding mobile. Mobile allows anyone to know whenever they're attacked at any time. Though this seems fair, this takes out the element of surprise. Which was a major skill-oriented piece of the game.

Ittre

Reaction score
I've played since W1, I'm sure maybe a few who read this have as well. This game is not the same as it used to be, whether or not you think its for the better it has changed. In my opinion, the game peaked around World 20ish and from there has been getting less and less entertaining (I'm still here though and that's because I have a itching to win a world and quit this game forever lol.) Premium features killed this game, I understand inno has to make money, but really 20% res boosts, instant builds, tagging features, command & village notes sharing, and automatic noble train nonsense (I know its not just a premium feature but still shouldn't exist) is too much. All of this takes away from the actual skill, if you can call anything online a skill, of the game. 20% res boost replaces some amount of farming or increases resources pulled in while instant building gives old players who use premium a huge advantage. No wonder no one new wants to play, because they can't get past the same 2000 players that play on every world and grow villages 5x faster than anyone else. Don't even get me started on tagging, and the automatic noble trains (or whatever its called)? Let's just make it impossible for new players to snipe anything coming at them. command and village notes sharing takes away from coordination as well, why do we need forums anymore? Premades also suck, but only the same 100 people who win those consistently enjoy those. World ending scenarios suck as well, World 1 went on forever (I didn't stay until the end.) Everyone assumed that it would go on until the last player standing, which made everyone hungry to fight, tribes disbanded on a whim, and you actually had to be sure you trusted your personal allies, it wasn't an achievement to reach 100, because all you wanted were 5-10 that you knew had your back. Worthless events that handed out free boosts didn't exist either, so it wasn't corny. Farm assistant is another thing, sure it saves time. But it speeds up growth, saving 3 hours to farm is 3 hours to comb through villages and build them. And with account manager all you have to get online and do is attack and defend. THAT is why this game is ruined, because it doesn't take any amount of "skill." All it takes is who buys premium first. To end this, I made it to 13 million points on World 1 with no premium. It was fun because I didnt have the ability comb through 400 villages in 10 minutes. I had to go through each one and build its buildings and build its troops manually. This game died when 2 things happened, premium features became outrageous, and the end game scenario was introduced.

100% agree.
I play W15, W28 & now W86.
This is not anymore TW.

DeletedUser19695

100% agree.
I play W15, W28 & now W86.
This is not anymore TW.

I second this, Even without Premium it worked well, Premium was only used to help Manage my Account. But now PREMIUM ACCOUNT without purchasing other PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION is just a waste. You have to buy most of the subscriptions to win most.
Say No to:
X Premium Market Exchange
X 20% Bonus
X Instant Trade

played w7 w11 w19 w86 w88