Late Starters

DeletedUser

I say a few might possably be pointwhores but who knows (scout em)

I decided i would join late because of the advantages from it, there is less competision (those that are there i leave to grow for noble targets) and alot more farms, i started last in the world and late in about the middle of my K yet because of these advantages i have now got into the top 40 in the K soon to be top 20 then who knows.

Many players have realised this and do the same, some prefer to battle it out in the core, tried it very fun and difficult.

DeletedUser

LEONRYANN and Fredric Hart are in the -TMC-, one of the best tribe in the World 53 (average/members= nearly 600 points). I am proud of that.

La Turbine

soory w53 wo later than i thought:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

I say a few might possably be pointwhores but who knows (scout em)

I decided i would join late because of the advantages from it, there is less competision (those that are there i leave to grow for noble targets) and alot more farms, i started last in the world and late in about the middle of my K yet because of these advantages i have now got into the top 40 in the K soon to be top 20 then who knows.

Many players have realised this and do the same, some prefer to battle it out in the core, tried it very fun and difficult.

Top 20 in K isn't at all what I meant by some of these players. It's things like this:

Player ranking for the continent 42Rank Name Tribe Points Villages Total villages
1 Veldiryn Evolve 723 1 1
2 JustineScrapper LTL 381 1 1
3 1gfk REJECT 374 1 1
4 MonkeeSpankr ~OLY~ 357 1 1
5 downwiththeclown REJECT 344 1 1

that made me suspect some players were just pointwhoring. Being rank 1 by a small margin is one thing, nearly doubling rank 2 is quite another and is what made me wonder if he was really that good or just pointwhoring to his heart's content.

DeletedUser

Well i dont think he is, i took a look at his 7 by 7 and well it explains alot. he was one player near him attempting to grow. (Veldiryn is who im talkign about btw) He has bonus and barb villages, and must have lc by now so his resource must be rolling in :p

But yeah im sure there a few example of players that must be pointwhoring. it is just if their neighbours will react and try to find out, or run the risk of them not being pointwhores and getting owned lol.

DeletedUser

I don't think it's even possible to pointwhore with speed settings like these without extensive farming, and if there's extensive farming there must be extensive troop production as well.

I for one started only five days ago but point-wise I am already head to head with players who started 5 or 6 days before me.

It's because I farm non-stop and already have lots of spears running around. I plan on researching lc by tomorrow night and then my growth will just get faster. (although swindling a few noobs on the market sure helped, I got 400 wood for 200 clay the other day lol)

DeletedUser

I don't think it's even possible to pointwhore with speed settings like these without extensive farming, and if there's extensive farming there must be extensive troop production as well.

QFT, I think this world is very hostile to true pointwhores. Only the "I'm a pointwhore AND a troopwhore" types will survive.

(personally my farm is nearly my highest level building - trumped only by my HQ, and even then just by a level or so)

DeletedUser

Hmm, had a conversation in-game with him, claims to indeed have lc and to have in fact ended BP with between 50-100 of them. Seems like a lot but I guess maybe it's possible with a good location. Also he said he was Nauzhror who I think I remember seeing on W29.

DeletedUser

k33:
1 Solar-Flare Rumble 1.248 1 1
2 SEDATUYSAL 1453 665 1 1

k42:
1 Veldiryn Evolve 723 1 1
2 JustineScrapper LTL 389 1 1

hes not the only one. it takes skill to get that far ahead. no way can you pointwhore that much. for those points, it takes over 30k of each res for an upgrade of HQ(best for points). at 6 mines, thats approximately 600 hours. i think its fair to say, these players get where they are by extensive and thorough farming

DeletedUser

i have seen a few of those play in the past and they are good. i also agree with OE one of your "pointwhores" are def not pointwhores.

DeletedUser

hes not the only one. it takes skill to get that far ahead. no way can you pointwhore that much. for those points, it takes over 30k of each res for an upgrade of HQ(best for points). at 6 mines, thats approximately 600 hours. i think its fair to say, these players get where they are by extensive and thorough farming

Hardly, being on all the time and going out of your way to make farm raids where you get max hauls (eg. 2396/2400) can get you up there. And how did you end up with that logic? 30k of ea. resource for the hq and what did you even mean by the mines part?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think you missed his point a bit since it is the same as yours :icon_cool:

Those with L25 hq's already would be looking at ~ 30k of each for an upgrade by now.

By 6 mines he means those people who did not build mines above their starting level.

Skill I don't know, some appreciation of the settings and some activity and efficiency is all, call it skill if you like. This last point you agree though, some wide farming going on with these players.

DeletedUser

Hardly, being on all the time and going out of your way to make farm raids where you get max hauls (eg. 2396/2400) can get you up there. And how did you end up with that logic? 30k of ea. resource for the hq and what did you even mean by the mines part?

He means thats those who shot up the ranks instead of starting a matter of several days late (and might i shine a little spotlight on the members of Zodiac here :icon_razz:) don't upgrade their mine levels (much if at all) because they have realized the futility of doing so at 0.5X construction speed when troops move at 2x.

Quite frankly if you are depending on mines for anything more than 1-5 % of your income or perhaps even less, then you're doing something wrong (personal opinion).

I can catagorically state that this one is definitely pointwhore :icon_razz:

hehe.

You again !
I swear this world is turning into a deja vu trip of people I'd thought I had been rid of forever. :icon_eek::icon_eek:

DeletedUser

a few players have said it well above.

but the thing about skill, its a mixture of aptitude and hardwork to get skillful no?

well, these players have worked hard, and are earning their rewards.
but, its also a telling of who understands this game, as to who starts a new world, with different settings, and still manages to do great.
i was mainly referring to adaptation as the skill, and, although you can get there by simply being online all the time, if you dont understand finer points of the game, odds are, you are going to make mistakes, get cleared and then you are stuffed.

DeletedUser

I'm going to catch up on you guys. You be nubcake godsman... :p

DeletedUser

i know :D

but im a better nub than most
3rd fastest growing pointwhore i believe

DeletedUser

They`re all pointwhores... Especially those Rumble noobs. That`s about it. :(

(godsman explained it all)

Could you maybe reveal your IGN for this world, so I make sure that Rumble expands in your direction and give you a proper bashing... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No. :(

I wasn`t aware of your unbelievable eliteness and skill, so I made that comment... I`m very sorry!

Hopefully you will accept my appologies and let me live! :(

DeletedUser

We forgive you this one time, peasant! Make sure it doesn`t happen again!