Lets Party Varyag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Internal Server Error

I normally don't get involved in other players business on the externals. However, I just feel like theres quite a bit of hypocrisy in this thread, especially if people remember the ZG/Varyag incident.

I'm not going to post much of a judgement, I will just say that it's been posted that WLC had issues with Varyag and how the tribe was being lead. From speaking to one of the players, this was something that certainly seemed obvious to me. Keeping in mind these issues, I will quote two posts; one from Googly himself and one from the ex-duke of Varyag.

[spoil]
You may be correct with his intent, and don't think this response is directed at you, I just see it as an opportunity to expand upon an ideal.

Too much we hear "oh your not loyal", or "how can someone be loyal to you, he's proven he's not loyal to his tribes". People join tribes with hopes and expectations. Dukes kick members all the time who fail to meet tribal expectations, it is no less honorable for a player to kick a tribe that fails to meet expectations. As a leader I make promises and commitments to our members, if I fail in those promises, or at least fail to attempt to live up to the promises and commitment to our members, then does the tribe deserve their loyalty? They certainly know that if they fail to live up to my expectations, or at least fail to try to live up to the tribes expectations that they'll be kicked.

Each world I build a new account. While I enter with a general idea, I never bind myself to specific builds, I have to adapt, each world is unique, each account unique. The same can be said for tribes. No tribe is built the same. Come in with a general philosophy, a set of ideals, but be adaptable through recruitment, and diplomacy. People who spy, show a lack of spine, cowardice, an inclination to sacrifice ethics, and yea, those types I try not to recruit, but someone being dissatisfied with a tribe or it's leader for failing to live up to their expectations, that's another thing entirely.
[/spoil]

[spoil]
Please give me some credit; I wasn't born yesterday. I wasn't referring to their leaving the tribe or attacking their tribe members. I would be a fool to be making a point relating to that as that is what happened in effect.

I was referring to the claims of:

-Forums being deleted
-Active leadership members being demoted
-Abused account sits

All of those accusations have been made publicly, without any proof given to back those up.

I am personally of the opinion that if a tribe is letting you down, you have a right to leave and fight that tribe. It is not being a traitor to your tribe if they don't give you a reason to stay - staying under certain circumstances is misguided loyalty or delusion. I can't speak for those individuals as I don't know the circumstances that led to them leaving. But I have my reasons for believing that they would have stayed in -ZG- had -ZG- not failed them as a tribe.

I won't post more on this thread - my comments seem to be taken the wrong way.
[/spoil]

The key points to note are that both players state that, if you feel the tribe is letting you down, you have the right to leave the tribe. Googly even goes on to say that you have the right to fight that tribe.

So, I think that solves that issue, unless you have proof of WLC leaving purely for survival reasons, and that it had nothing to do with issues with the tribe. Out of curiosity, has anyone from Varyag actually accused WLC of betrayal or is it just an ex-member?

G'day.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I would agree with that, ISE. Except you are missing some history from Varyag when I was still there, that might give you a different perspective.

I had asked Garrock to dismiss WLC account when I was in Varyag. He refused primarily because it would put the tribe in a risky position. The reasons I asked for their dismissal was their refusal to help out frontliners against 1 UP when I was there (I never once got support from them when the tribe was asked to send packet support to the tribe's front, they never once agreed to sit my account when I was offline 16 hours a day with a fully frontline account). They seemed to be playing not for the tribe, just for themselves.

I saw WLC acting in a selfish manner, and the fact that the largest and most active account in Varyag had no interest in helping out the frontliners when the 1 UP tensions were heating up showed me that the account had no interest in being part of Varyag - just on growing until it could find a different tribe to join.

Leadership in Varyag was still good and doing exactly what WLC wanted at this point (with one of them being in the council chat). So in my eyes, they were choosing to backstab Varyag long before they actually did. By refusing to help their tribe when it was needed.

Part of why I quit, amongst other things, was not getting the sitting I needed when I was solo playing (coplayer on holiday). I had to dump the account on Garrock and hope he'd be on night after night - and WLC was one of the only accounts on the entire time when I was needing sitters.

In short? I don't believe this has been caused by WLC feeling 'let down' by his leadership...he was protected by his leadership when he should have been dismissed for incredibly selfish play at the start of the 1 UP war. Essentially, a bad leadership call that came back to bite Varyag in the ass.

It may have been part of the cause of this, but I have a strong belief that it was intended for a long time before Method members joined Varyag.

DeletedUser95593

Anyone in Varyag you didn't ask Garrock to dismiss, googly?

I don't see anyone from Varyag criticizing WLC's decision to leave or his motives as to doing so. Your post is full of fabrications and mis truths it's hilarious.

Why anyone cares about your opinion is beyond me, Varyag was the 3rd tribe you quit this world so how your in a position to judge anyone is again, beyond me.

Preach your holier than thou shit somewhere else please, this world has had more than enough of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Anyone in Varyag you didn't ask Garrock to dismiss, googly?

Only you and WLC, Choco. Both because of selfishness, and you because I had strong reasons to believe you were the one spying on Varyag (and all of Varyag council could easily confirm that when your group joined someone began leaking information as that was one of the jobs I was given to get to the bottom of - coincidence much?).

I don't see anybody posting from Varyag full-stop - most likely because of a forum posting ban? Silence doesn't mean anything beyond no desire to post.

As for the the 'fabrications':

[06/09/2013 19:00:09] Rawr: There's a difference in us leaving Undy and us leaving Varyag.
[06/09/2013 19:00:18] ~Googly~: Oh?
[06/09/2013 19:00:54] ~Googly~: Because I was asking Garrock to dismiss your account when he was still active in Varyag as your account was never willing to help sit the front when nobody else was online
[06/09/2013 19:01:02] ~Googly~: You seemed to be playing for yourself when I was there
[06/09/2013 19:02:54] Rawr: I did a lot of sitting during startup, you weren't there for it... Secondly when the war started on 1 UP I was occupied in w67 so I wasn't the most active person why WeIsNubs/Jo didn't sit is beyond me... I can't speak for them.

If the person involved admits in private that it is true, I don't think you have a right to claim I'm making anything up :)

If you don't like my views, then feel free to put me on your ignore list. That will easily deal with the issue as you have no right to tell another poster to stop posting purely because you dislike their posts :icon_idea:

arabela

What Googly pointed up is correct. I did tell Rawr everything googly said there, but it was in private. I do think that WLC was a selfish ego player that backstabbed his tribe. I hope this is clear. I prefer 3 noobs willing to learn and play as a team rather than one selfish ego player. I don't regret we don't have him with us anymore, in fact i am happy his villas will be use for the tribe. WLC didn't send one single nuke to help his tribe in any war. So, Party...keep him.

DeletedUser95593

Only you and WLC, Choco. Both because of selfishness, and you because I had strong reasons to believe you were the one spying on Varyag (and all of Varyag council could easily confirm that when your group joined someone began leaking information as that was one of the jobs I was given to get to the bottom of - coincidence much?).

I don't see anybody posting from Varyag full-stop - most likely because of a forum posting ban? Silence doesn't mean anything beyond no desire to post.

As for the the 'fabrications':

If the person involved admits in private that it is true, I don't think you have a right to claim I'm making anything up :)

If you don't like my views, then feel free to put me on your ignore list. That will easily deal with the issue as you have no right to tell another poster to stop posting purely because you dislike their posts :icon_idea:

Me the one spying? :lol:

Here was me thinking skoring was the one kicked for doing that. Who got to the bottom of that? Oh right, me. You're welcome.

The last forum ban imposed on Varyag was the one you made and no one listened to, which is the actual reason you quit and left in a huff. Ben, the actual owner of the account left the tribe due to a lack of support.

As for the "fabrications"

Where in that skype quote does anyone admit anything? Rawr says he was busy with w67, how is that him being selfish? Garrock "our good leadership at the time according to you" disappeared without even a goodbye to focus on another world. Why is one good and the other selfish?

What Googly pointed up is correct. I did tell Rawr everything googly said there, but it was in private. I do think that WLC was a selfish ego player that backstabbed his tribe. I hope this is clear. I prefer 3 noobs willing to learn and play as a team rather than one selfish ego player. I don't regret we don't have him with us anymore, in fact i am happy his villas will be use for the tribe. WLC didn't send one single nuke to help his tribe in any war. So, Party...keep him.

Can I just make this clear before the discussion goes on. I'm not defending the WLC account, I complained about it to kourosh quite a lot. I'm just calling googly out on the constant shit he posts and how he has no right to call another tribemate selfish when he was a horrible tribemate.

Last edited by a moderator:

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Me the one spying? :lol:

Here was me thinking skoring was the one kicked for doing that. Who got to the bottom of that? Oh right, me. You're welcome.

Skoring got kicked/left for deciding to quit under incomings - according to the logs of Varyag council, which I was in (and you were not). When I was in council, we never had found out who the spy was.

Where in that skype quote does anyone admit anything? Rawr says he was busy with w67, how is that him being selfish?

it demonstrates that during the 1 UP war, as I stated his account didn't help at all whilst I was there - Rawr admits that quite clearly.

As far as Garrock goes; he did disappear and in quite a nasty way to the tribe by just vanishing with no word. However, I'm not talking about when he disappeared, but when he was still around. When he was still doing a good job of leading.

You also don't know why I quit. You know one or two reasons why I quit, but there were a number of reasons. The one you brought up is one reason. The one I brought up is another.

Last edited:

DeletedUser95593

Skoring got kicked/left for deciding to quit under incomings - according to the logs of Varyag council, which I was in
(and you were not). When I was in council, we never had found out who the spy was.

Skoring was kicked because one of his coplayers was accused of spying for Jack/1 UP. If you weren't privy to that information that isn't my problem. It's in the ex -zg- chat which I am no longer in so cannot search for quotes.

it demonstrates that during the 1 UP war, as I stated his account didn't help at all whilst I was there - Rawr admits that quite clearly.

You accused him of not helping BECAUSE he was selfish. Where in that quote is there a selfish reason as to not helping sit?

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
You accused him of not helping BECAUSE he was selfish. Where in that quote is there a selfish reason as to not helping sit?

I accused him of not helping, as a fact.

The rest is a matter of opinion. If you choose to play multiple worlds, you can't use being too busy on another world as an excuse on the other world - as you have actively chosen to play them both.

DeletedUser57316

I wouldnt have helped your tribe out either, I think rawr realised leadership was not the greatest, trying to hug everything around. Plus he did have over 10,000 incomming on 67.

Drew I think was worried about leadership as well, he has offered spag to lead varyag a few times :p

DeletedUser

If you choose to play multiple worlds, you can't use being too busy on another world as an excuse on the other world - as you have actively chosen to play them both.

I've never heard of you, but this is a ridiculous statement.

arabela

I wouldnt have helped your tribe out either, I think rawr realised leadership was not the greatest, trying to hug everything around. Plus he did have over 10,000 incomming on 67.

Drew I think was worried about leadership as well, he has offered spag to lead varyag a few times :p

You are same as Rawr, then. :) good you found eachother to share same ways of play this game.

Drew is leadership same as me. He wasn't worried about leadership, cause he knows me for enough time to trust me already. He thought would be good that me and sp.ag to co-lead. This is something else. I might say, he was to kind. ;)

DeletedUser57316

I am a team player so is rawr, you just ended up recruiting everyones food, why bother helping a tribe when you know sooner or later your target will be recruited? Varyags only reason for maintaining rank 1 is by merging and inviting the enemy. Shit you would have invited Party as well if we had agreed to backstabbing our allies and being surrounded by blue.

Drew would never have asked spag to co-lead with you, he knew for a fact spag will never have agreed to co-leading if it was with you, no he asked spag to lead.

DeletedUser

(bandit)

Hiyah Mods, not a one word post, its hidden!

162833342747179627uSRD5rjNc.jpg

DeletedUser

VARYAG
Tribe Changes:121

Party :: Varyag why are you mass recruiting to get ahead?

PARTY
Tribe Changes:147

Party:: :icon_redface:

insomniaxe

I am a team player so is rawr, you just ended up recruiting everyones food, why bother helping a tribe when you know sooner or later your target will be recruited?

I read that as 'I'm a team player but won't do anything to help the because of an action the tribe may take it in the future' :lol:

Have to say though I'm going for Party, my bride to be Rizzla is there <3

DeletedUser78112

So much hate D; please leave the Party if you haven't got anything nice to say. :icon_sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.