~LOD~ disbands

jakeeboy

OMG
about time lol
so what will become of the rest of the disbanded LOD members...??
(food for HRV I suppose)

jakeeboy

Fine Fine food for whoever is left over from HOT

o yes is it just me but as soon as HOT disbands they do to
I think they just wanted to see them die

DeletedUser

you are forgetting that AIDS were not only HOT and HRV. They are food for us at ~I~ too. Nice targets.:icon_twisted:

mLions

~LOD~ Liberty or Death

I could write an essay on that topic. All from our beginnings and 'happy times' when we believed we could negotiate terms with Dweller, then to the 'grief' times when we realised that it's impossible to negotiate with Dweller and 'scare' time when we learned that Dweller was asking our neighbours to attack us, finally to 'action' time when a few tribes joined together to dispose of LOD, who was bigger than any of tribes attacking them, and then again to 'happy' time when =HRV= received some of the best players from ~LOD~ (2 of them), and we realised that our tactics against LOD are working very well.

Finally, there is this 'LOD internal disappointment' time, when the members of LOD realised that Dweller was not the leader they should have followed. Ocasionally we conduct councelling sessions with disappointed LOD players who vent their frustrations by telling us what's happening inside the LOD, so I hope these information are correct, that I'm about to share with you.

Apparently, Dweller does not like being criticised. Every time someone would post something of critical nature against Dweller, that post would disappear. When some players left LOD and posted a 'good-bye' post, that would disappear as well. In fact, I am told, their whole forum looked like the tribe's been around only for a few weeks (appart from off topics) - as it constantly experienced a change-over.

Another complaint I received is that there was no organisation of defense, or not a proper one. When I inquired why I learnt that Dweller was afraid of spies in the tribe so all defense would be done/most of defense, through private mails, and occasional Skype/MSN chat, but because of paranoia that there are spies in LOD, no organised defense posts existed on their forum. Which of course would mean, you can't properly function.
To all LOD players, and to Dweller if he reads this, and I doubt it, LEADERSHIP of LOD is to blame for LOD's downfall. The players who left LOD left because of leadership, the lack of defense organisation is due to the poor leadership, disappointments with Forum's deletions and ultimately feeling that LOD is run like a 'police state' is due to bad leadership.

Now this is what I DO NOT WANT TO SAY ABOUT DWELLER: I wish not to say that Dweller is a bad guy or that he should feel bad about the whole situation.
My belief is that Dweller was simply lacking the skills to lead such a big tribe, with so many personalities, with so many tough decisions to make - even though this is just a game, it's a tough job to lead a big tribe. I don't know how old is Dweller, but he simply lacked the ability to do the job properly. Still, Dweller, if you read this, you've done a great job in the beginning and the skills of 'communication', 'diplomacy' and 'organisation' can be acquired! All the best in RL! Don't be too sad about the whole thing - it is just a game after all.
One last thing about you Dweller: you need to accept REALITY, not create your own reality, and with it accept responsibility, don't blame others for what you should have done/not done. Someone sent your last letter to all LOD members just prior you disbanded the tribe, and it only reveals that you still believe that your members 'betrayed' you. In fact, they didn't. The were as loyal and as true to you as it was sanely possible. You should trust people more, and not try to control everyone. Good tribes have teams of leaders, one man is never enough.

This is Dweller's final letter to his members:

~LOD~ will be disbanding

I am fine taking the blame for our failures, but must point out that our leadership was left to several members some that have left to create a new tribe rather then continue on with this one after I take my leave.

I wish them the best but the leaders there where leaders here, changing a tribes name makes no difference.

I feel it would be in our members best interest to join one of our allies
TDT
or
~OG~

I wish you all the best

Dweller

In the end, it's been a pleasure fighting you LOD! Thanks for fun!

DeletedUser

Sadly (tho some wont view this as a bad thing), I wont write a long story about ~I~ views on that war.

Reason's simple: LOD members didnt stand a chance. They got stuck in a bad situation (I'm referring here to the active and loyal LOD members) and that war was over before it began.

To you guys, I salute you and wish you well: to those still playing W16 and those who have since been rimmed. It was nothing personnal but rather a matter of principles regarding ideologies on how a tribe should be ran.

I've come to notice that pretty much all the tribes (their leadership) that were in AIDS shared basically the same vision or way things should be ran. Some things dont pay in life and 1 is trying to backside your friends or allies, in this case.

I'd also like to congratulate the tribes that were AIDS. For the most part, it was a good job all around. For our part, most of the hiccups and problems that could occur were with HRV due to our locations. On that front, I gotta say kudos to HRV.

We barely had any hiccups. Yes there was a few but considering the amount of villages/ops involved, thats a very small %.

To all LOD members who fought to the end, mucho respect. W16 needs more peoples like you.

Cheers, Mark.

DeletedUser

You are extremely well informed and have the exact right reasons why the tribe fell apart, it had been happening for a very long time, as most of the players knew, those of us that stayed till the end stayed there until the HOT campaign had run its course, it came as a bit of a shock to us that this happened so fast. And yes HOT had thier problems too and we had plenty of targets from inactive HOT players. I too wish dweller the best of luck in RL but he will have to learn some tollerance in the future if he is to succeed in anything he wants to do.

The new tribe we formed has all the markings of being a good, if not great tribe, with everything being discussed, its a refreshing change for most of us to have a say in what goes on, enjoyment in the game has tripled again now.

DeletedUser

Congratulations to all tribes in AIDS for a successful showing, and thanks to the LOD members who did put up a fight, for a dying cause, the loyalty a lot of members showed was a testament to themselves.

As Popov said, being in such proximity to HRV, again good work for a skilled disposal of the tribe between us all, hoping the future continues brightly for the AIDS tribes :)

supericeman

HOT had a name change, and its downfall had nothing to do with the war with ~LOD~, it had to do with personal problems that have been going on before the war with ~LOD~

DeletedUser48135

i agree with you mLions, although i left ~LOD~ the same day that Axl did :p so i cant really tell how it was after that, but what caused me to leave was the lack of defensive orginization or any counter attacks. we were told to "organize it between ourselves" so at best you would have 2 or 3 players coordinating but no full tribe effort and no way of telling what everyone else was doing, this was unnacceptable in my opinion.

I enjoyed the 20k points i was able to grow before HRV turned to me, left me till all other LOD in the continent were pretty much gone, thanks guys, and thanks for taking all my vills par 1 not leaving me with 2... i feel alot safer in k99, lol.

DeletedUser

You are extremely well informed and have the exact right reasons why the tribe fell apart, it had been happening for a very long time, as most of the players knew, those of us that stayed till the end stayed there until the HOT campaign had run its course, it came as a bit of a shock to us that this happened so fast. And yes HOT had thier problems too and we had plenty of targets from inactive HOT players. I too wish dweller the best of luck in RL but he will have to learn some tollerance in the future if he is to succeed in anything he wants to do.

The new tribe we formed has all the markings of being a good, if not great tribe, with everything being discussed, its a refreshing change for most of us to have a say in what goes on, enjoyment in the game has tripled again now.
Plenty of targets? All you did was send us endless amounts of fakes and noble barbarian villages...

plastic tas

The fakes were really funny
They didn't stop with sending fakes but they didn't send real attacks either

DeletedUser

Plenty of targets? All you did was send us endless amounts of fakes and noble barbarian villages...

He was also pretty good with sending fakes
200+ incomings and all had around 10 hour distance for each attack Lol

suprememadness

Oo LOD finally well :(

I was first to fall :D...everyoen should remember that :D

Not because i was noob but because i woke up one mornign to all of a sudden have 500 incoming attacks....

I gavce a good fight me thinks for 2 weeks :D

it was hard with HRV AND ~I~ by my doorsteps...i was clsoest to both tribes but they gave a bloody organised fight...espeically HRV....

However the figth did take long....since then i have...waited for world 26....grew a very successful tribe until a spy got in and destroyed it....and now an even more successful one on world 28....see what you can be doing instead of fighting :D

Anyways now the funs all over with war what happens with AIDS?

I can gaurentee a fight for the LODins villages....~I~ vs hrv?

DeletedUser

Well if any player left,=HRV= will noble it,if is in our core,but ~I~ allready began with the mass recrout

Smokeeater65 Joined 30th November 2008 - 14:23 228,225
svax1 Joined 30th November 2008 - 14:23 551,435
keyop Joined 30th November 2008 - 14:23 88,415
Arimos-PR Joined 30th November 2008 - 14:23 86,699
HAZPOD Joined 30th November 2008 - 01:45 169,681
Deaths Whisper Joined 30th November 2008 - 01:45 162,259
raimitis Joined 29th November 2008 - 16:00 520,229
elvetje Joined 29th November 2008 - 16:00 79,108
damp farts Joined 29th November 2008 - 13:00 338,162
MsKeneves Joined 29th November 2008 - 10:00 226,590
The gammy 1 Joined 29th November 2008 - 07:00 827,833
timbrook1 Joined 29th November 2008 - 04:00 40,529
ZpadeZ Joined 28th November 2008 - 19:00 167,425
dutch-chan Joined 28th November 2008 - 19:00 11,460
Luigas Joined 28th November 2008 - 13:00 125,893
jamesadam Joined 28th November 2008 - 13:00 189,244
lhovo Joined 28th November 2008 - 13:00 123,459
Runen Joined 28th November 2008 - 13:00 393,104
schutrum Joined 28th November 2008 - 13:00 14,535
sramrats Joined 28th November 2008 - 10:00 120,622

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well if any player left,=HRV= will noble it,if is in our core,but ~I~ allready began with the mass recrout

Smokeeater65 Joined 30th November 2008 - 14:23 228,225
svax1 Joined 30th November 2008 - 14:23 551,435
keyop Joined 30th November 2008 - 14:23 88,415
Arimos-PR Joined 30th November 2008 - 14:23 86,699
HAZPOD Joined 30th November 2008 - 01:45 169,681
Deaths Whisper Joined 30th November 2008 - 01:45 162,259
raimitis Joined 29th November 2008 - 16:00 520,229
elvetje Joined 29th November 2008 - 16:00 79,108
damp farts Joined 29th November 2008 - 13:00 338,162
MsKeneves Joined 29th November 2008 - 10:00 226,590
The gammy 1 Joined 29th November 2008 - 07:00 827,833
timbrook1 Joined 29th November 2008 - 04:00 40,529