Logos and Typography

DeletedUser

GEbluewindycrop.png

This will be my showroom for all future logos and typography that I will be creating. My creation of signatures
is probably done as I am very much enjoying my time creating logos. Typography will be heavily included
within my college course so that will be where the bulk of that comes from for this.

All pieces are time ordered with newest first :

gps-small.png

Simple GPS logo

supersmallparadise.png

A bit of typography I did, can't be bothered to write a proper description ... so this will do.

Version 2 :

winterknights23.png

winterknights2.png

Basically my college is split into departments for the different subject.
I am in Humanities which was re-named The Winter Knights. So I decided to make a logo.

[ LARGE SPACE OF WORK MISSED WHEN I WAS "AWAY" CANT BE BOTHERED UPDATE ALL WORKS ]

invalid-near-final.png

Most of you saw this one unfold, but still need to add it to my portfolio.
This was a logo design for a new youtube channel primarily focusing on xbox 360 gaming. With it being
regarding gaming I wanted it to look very modern. After my inital stage one of the shaping in black and
white, I was given the colours black and yellow to work with. So here is every step that I went through
to get to my final design. If you would like to see each step of the design in one place, just visit my blog
(link is in my signature)

1266769-4428.png

1266750-9207.png

For this brief I tried two different designs. One more of a modern geometry based design, along with
the second more traditional pen tooling design. The client wanted the idea of a mountain incorporated
into their logo. That’s why first went with the triangles overlapping, but to increase my chances of my
logo being liked, I wanted to include a traditional one as well.

1254124-4568.png

Made for a company that sells car parts. They obviously wanted a very stylish design,
so I went for this metal looking logo. I also discovered that illustrator has glows and shadows
etc. while doing this, so expect some more of that in my future logos.

thehdwizard.png

Made this for somebody on these forums who is launching I believe a youtube
gaming channel. They didn't give me much of a project brief, just the text and that
it needed to look good, so I came up with this.

1253949-4972.png

I also found a project brief that pretty much perfectly matched my lightbulb logo I made
a few days/weeks ago. So I just switched the name on it, made it a bit more compact
and added the black/white version at the bottom.

1251431-7693.png

1251448-3186.png

I didn't really understand what this company does, but I gathered it had something to do with textbooks,
they asked for green colours, but were also welcoming other colours that designers thought went well. Which
is why I have done a green and red design.

TwinOrchardGreen.png

They didn't really give much in their briefing, they didn't know what colours they wanted or anything
so with it being twin orchard I thought it needed a double of something, which I decided two simplistic
leaves would do the job perfectly. Being slightly toned and one cutting out of the other really finishes
off the design, I feel.

westerncircle.png

Just another design style that if requested I can change into different colours for them.

1241621-2003.png

Following a project brief from a dental company, I created this logo. They didn't want much imagery, specifically
saying to steer clear of teeth images and general icons associated with dental practices. They requested earthy
tones and a modern-ish looking logo. This is what I came up with.

LightBulb.png

With this I was trying to create a very simple design which consisted of only 2 separate colours,
the obvious colours are yellow and black so I used them. The light bulb was created in illustrator
then background and text added in photoshop. Also a bit of subtle text en-corporation, I decided
to do "light" in a much thinner font than the word bulb, which in itself sounds bold.

CutUP.png

I quite enjoyed making this simple design,

CUTColour.png

Can't remember where the idea for this came from but it just kind of advanced from me wanting to use
the little dotted cut lines as used on models etc.

LewisJonesbase-1.png

Just a basic form of something I hope to advance onto on a later date. It is a bit big, sorry about that
I created it while being zoomed out and not realizing ... and I can't be bothered to re-size it now :D

yingyangwater.png

I was trying to do something with a water drop shape, when I rotated them into such a shape that it looked like
the yin and yang symbol. So I decided to incorporated that idea into the logo.​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser51929

should post your old ones aswell, the ones you put into your bloh thing folder :p

DeletedUser

All pieces are time ordered with newest first :

CutUP.png

Love it :)

yingyangwater.png

I was trying to do something with a water drop shape, when I rotated them into such a shape that it looked like
the yin and yang symbol. So I decided to incorporated that idea into the logo.

I like this one as well, but I have a little issue with it...

Have a look at the yin yang:
[spoil]
ying-yang.jpg
[/spoil]

Notice how the tails curve to form a circle like appearance? This is where you loose out, as your tails just keep going forward, losing the feel of the yin yang. Just try to make it look like a round shape :)

Kiu :)

DeletedUser95815

Like the title GE ribbon logo. :) But all of them are amazing. Good luck in future mate :)

DeletedUser

I really like typography and logo design, look forward to more :D

These all look good, personally I would of made light bold and bulb thin

DeletedUser

I really like typography and logo design, look forward to more :D

These all look good, personally I would of made light bold and bulb thin

I tried it, it didn't look right for some reason :) So I stuck with the thin Light and bold Bulb.

I'm glad you like logo's and typography, logo's is probably my favorite :p

DeletedUser102039

The GE Ribbon is insane!! Do you think you could make me a avvy that looks like that saying "Soul"? Just like, yenno.. Way smaller ;)

DeletedUser95815

Illistrator = Win
Like the simple designs you are coming up with. Simple, yet effective; as they would say 'in the biz' :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser101662

I have looked at your showroom seen some of your logos and to be honest I quite like them :)
And I was wondering.. Could you make me a small logo please? With the text: smaller: Made By and then bigger underneath it: Rob. I don't mind what you do with it really as long as it looks modern, has bright colours and a transparent background (this is going to be my watermark for a new Photomanip showroom I am making :p)
I would be grateful If you decide to do this :)
Thanks

DeletedUser

If you are going to use it in a showroom you should make your own. GE's are win, but you can't make a showroom and use someone else's designs which say "made by you".

DeletedUser

No problem i.lolz. :p

Updated with another Westen Dental Group design re-think, along with another design brief from Twin Orchard Country Club. Oh and also changed the colour of the original Westen Dental Group logo, I made multiple colours for them as they said they liked the design, but would like different colours to look at, so the blue was my favourite.

DeletedUser81336

No problem i.lolz. :p

Updated with another Westen Dental Group design re-think, along with another design brief from Twin Orchard Country Club. Oh and also changed the colour of the original Westen Dental Group logo, I made multiple colours for them as they said they liked the design, but would like different colours to look at, so the blue was my favourite.

GE I love this showroom. It's actually probably my favorite showroom haha. D:
The fact that it'll never die because you're doing it for college is good too. I liked the other westen dental one more (the one you have now is the blue one and the other was brown), it'd make a good business card. The twin orchard one is good too, did you make that for someone irl or just for fun?

DeletedUser

Cheers oscar :) Yeah we havn't actually started photoshop in class yet but I think that comes next week so should be good. You prefered the brown one ? Well personal preference I suppose :) The westen dental and the twin orcard are both realy project briefs that clients actually want logos for, their is a site where people post their briefs, along with what they are willing to pay, then anybody can design a logo, they pick their favourite and award their money to them in return for the logo. But I'm mainly just using it for the project brief practice :p

DeletedUser81336

Cheers oscar :) Yeah we havn't actually started photoshop in class yet but I think that comes next week so should be good. You prefered the brown one ? Well personal preference I suppose :) The westen dental and the twin orcard are both realy project briefs that clients actually want logos for, their is a site where people post their briefs, along with what they are willing to pay, then anybody can design a logo, they pick their favourite and award their money to them in return for the logo. But I'm mainly just using it for the project brief practice :p

What program do you use? I'm sure you said it somewhere but to find it would require effort. D:
Sweet is this site like a local thing or all across the world type of deal?