lt181 calls it quits

lt181

I've spent a lot of time on this world, and on these forums. TW really should make a new tool that allows you to keep track of the hours spent here. I'd love to see it. The time has come for me to say goodbye. I'm hitting delete soon.

Why am I deleting? There are two reasons. Both of them are personal, but I'll disclose them here. For the record. The first reason is that my first child is due in less than two weeks. The second reason is that a "promotion" at work has increased my hours drastically. The bottom line is that any time I spent on TW under these circumstances could be construed as the theft of time from my new family.

I know some people may claim that I'm deleting because of the latest W6 war. Those people have the right to make that claim. It's not true, but on these boards, what is true is less important than what you can get away with saying. Deleting during a war in which we are losing gives them the right to say these things, and it is my biggest regret that I'll leave TW with.

Some people I'd like to thank:

W6 people:
New One: One of the first people I met on .net. A great guy, who was always willing to help you.

Hench: Taught me that sometimes it's more important to figure out what you want to do, and worry about how you are going to do it later. Being able to motivate people can help you leap over tall mountains.

Nestra: What a girl!

Horica/Lucas/Shanigans: I put these guys in the same category because I got to know them best during the last year or so of my gameplay. Horica is probably the best player to have played W6. Lucas is a great guy. Very smart, and very loyal. He's also a good person to know if you get thrown in jail. Shanegians is another great guy, great player, and a person that I think has a very bright future.

Lodds/Pat: I still have that first IGM where we (Patroclus) got into it. Fun times. Lots of good times on 38 with Pat, along with lots of great times with Lodds here.

People not involved in W6 (in other words people that won't read this)

AuskillaD: One of the best players that I had the opportunity to play with. I learned quite a bit from him. Thank you for teaching me how to play.

Westy: I was lucky enough to witness him early on in his "career", and later when he became one of the top starters. Thank you for making me question how I was doing things on a regular basis. If you're not getting better at something, you are getting worse.

Jo: The great thing about Jo is that any time I woke up, she was on. You need a sit? Jo was there. Thank you for the hundreds of hours of sits early in game.

Okay. That's it. If I missed you, no hard feelings. It's just a game. I am hopeful that everyone on W6 will meet whatever goals you have in mind. I'll see some of you on skype during the summer when school winds down and a new world starts:D

silvereclipes

Congrats on the kid lt an sad to see you go as well but its bound to happen to us all RL comes first an all others comes second.
an GFY lt from a STACHE player to one who stayed this long.

DeletedUser

Congratulations on your first kid, I haven't played w6 in a long time and don't know you much at all from what I read on the forums, but will be sad to see you go but real life comes first, and a child is #1 priority, so good luck in life.

DeletedUser

Congrats on the child LT, you've always been a fantastic character and a fantastic person and world 6 will miss you (Though I personally think you should've all gone when I did :p). Best of luck, Dom.

DeletedUser

You and me go way back Lt, from the time that lothar matthaus and stoeprand first told me about you way over in K31. You've been a great guy, one of the big ones on here. GL with your RL mate.

Don't worry, no-one will have the balls to say you quit out of fear. ;)

DeletedUser

Ive allready said my congratulations on the coming of your new child and your new job when we spoke a few weeks ago Larry .Kids are no different to TW,they both can keep you up all night and sometimes you can swear at them both lol but you will allways hold onto your children with more love than there weight in gold.

May your new ventures with family life last forever

Take care

Steve

DeletedUser

This is a dark, dark day for world 6.

Larry you are a great guy and will be a great father so do not worry about all those sleepless nights as you know they will pay off in the future when you look back at what you have achieved in real life.

You were a great inspiration for many players here including myself.

All I can say if goodluck with you child and take care in real life, oh and learn how to spell my name :p

Kind Regards,
Shaneanigans

ston3d

DAWWW :icon_sad: And I just came here to check up on how lt was doing....

Best drop me a message when you next get on skype or there'll be hell to pay :)

DeletedUser52603

lt181,

Glad I meet you fella.

I'm pretty sure we will stay in touch.

All the best

Lodds

DeletedUser

Larry............

It is been long time without talk my friend. My RL is rush and killing me (what is not news). Since you mentioned, today i got out of jail one guy that was driving drunk........(brazilian laws are great for lawyers but not so great for the society).

Now......back to topic. :icon_cry:

As i told you.......(and everybody here) RL is knocking on your door my friend and God did gave you 2 great gifts that you cannot miss and not enjoy it. Your new job (that for sure you deserve it).....you know that i am studying also to get in the Federal Police here............so........my days at TW are not the same anymore.
About your children "Papai Larry", this is amazing my friend. As i did spoke with Steve (onny) and some others sometimes, i did not had the chance to get my family (yet) and cannot give a lot of advises for you but......for sure......this is fantastic and your ladie and the "little Larry" will needs you.

One thing i can say my friend.....becase of you (and some others that still here and some that are not here anymore) i did felt at home. Was amazing get to meet you in this last years and play on your side.

A lot of times that i was tired, sad, angry, out of patiente, it was you with all your words and friendship that is relevant to you that gave me strong. Also....in TW, after Hench left, you was the voice that everybody did hear.

My friend.....this small space does not fit all the words of gratitude and appreciation that i owed to you but, i can say thanks to God to put such a great person on my way.

I don´t have you on skype - will you keep your msn account?

As i always said:
My axes are yours and will be with you always my friend. COUNT ON ME ALWAYS!! (including in RL)
Now...go fight in other field...........shine (like you did in TW) in your new work and with your baby "Papai Larry".

Your friend.........(today and always)

Lucas

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9021

Thanks for the nice words, Larry. I count you as a real friend, and hope we will stay in touch over the years to come.

I hope you have accomplished in this game what you wanted to do (aside from, obviously, this last war). The sense of accomplishment one can glean from TW is not fake, even if the source of the feeling is nothing more than an online game. Now, you will leave that behind, but I am 100% sure you will find the very same spark everywhere around you.

As for world 6 history: I apologize for putting you in a bad spot when I wrecked Shevar. Keeping you unaware of what was going on was deception puur sang, but I knew it was the only way you would be able to enjoy the world after it happened. Even so, it was a lousy situation to put you in, and a bad reward for your continuous support and trust in my weird and convoluted plans. I hope you will agree we had a good time in RMC.

On a final note: a kid of yours is/will be a person I'd like to meet. All cool people of the earth: make children NOW, and improve the state of the world :)
Take care, Larry, and talk to you soon.

silvereclipes

We have talked about this, Spam of War. You gotta make love, not war, if you want to make some babies.

Maybe Spam of War is a Viking an he does all three raid rape an pillage then he could have allot of kids running around..:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Never thought you'd really press the button...

We'd never even insinuate you quit due to this war, it wouldnt make sense.
I'd like to congratulate you first off all to become a daddy, thats in my opinion the greatest gift you gave yourself.
(Also congrats on the job, but put the child on the first place man ;) )

You were always civilized and respectful to us, and I'd liek to thank you for your contribution to this world

DeletedUser

Lt, sorry but words cant describe what i am thinking right now.

You've been there from the beginning and even when ive gone and come back again, you have stayed on... and like concrete says, i wouldnt believe you would press the button.

I'm sad my name isnt on that list, but ye i wasn't exactly the greatest of players, and i didnt have the chance to prove my worth anyway; now that you have left it will be interesting to see the outcome of the world, sure wont turn out well

farewell mate, catch me on msn or skype sometime ;)

DeletedUser

Another good player saying goodbye to TW. You were a great openent in the first days of the world lt, too bad I quit too fast this world.

Good luck in real life and with your kid lt

Sokka3u.

DeletedUser

you know what, non on w6 knew me when i as a little tiny noob ventured on stubby feet into the world of tribes and schemes, well its been over 3 years now i belive.

i came into a tribe n w6 and with wide eyes i tried to learn and to become a pro in the first week, haha didnt happen :p

That aside, the leader of this tribe where lt181, and iv never forggotten you, you where the great man leading, you where what i wanted to become, i looked up to what you had, the only regret i have, i never got to know you.

i base alot of my experience and skill and time here on you tbh.