Mafia: round 1 (forum game)

palmertrou

Mafia is traditionally a 'party game' which is awesome if you've never played it. I figured out a way to make it work in the forum and will be starting the game after I get 10 players.

It's basically a verbal game of deceit, tactics and manipulation.

Game rules for party version

I'm going to translate the rules to work in the forum shortly.

You must have a W36 account to be able to play.

I will act as narrator/god for the first round.

If this is works well then I'll open it up to 20 for the next round.

Last edited:

palmertrou

Round 1 will have the following rules:

Okay the general aim of the game is to have the majority (if mafia) or (if civilian) to kill off all mafia.

To 'kill off' someone everyone casts 1 vote against another player publically and the person with the most get killed off. There will be a 24 hour period between voting and a 'new day' will start and end at 00:00 sever time.

In the event that the scores are tied it is void and nobody is killed.

Mafia however will kill one person 'every night' directly after 00:00 by sending an IGM to the narrator. The Narrator will then announce who is dead.

Dead players killed by votes or by mafia can still chat but no longer vote.

There will be 7 civilians. In which 1 is a sheriff and one is a doctor. The rest (3) will be mafia.

The sheriff can pick one person per day (after the first day) to ask the narrator what they are via IGM. It will then be announced pubically what the sheriff found out.

A doctor can bring one person back to life after the 2nd day. Providing he/she's still alive.

Your roles will be given out randomly by the narrator via IGM. KEEP THIS SECRET AND DON'T CHEAT. This is the only flaw in the forum version. Cheaters will be banned from playing in the future. There is no point in cheating guys it ruins the game for yourself aswell as everyone else.

OH! I forgot to say, Mafia get to know who eachother are from the start.

Don't worry if you've not got your head around it just yet, I'll be overseeing it to make sure it runs fine.

It's not that time consuming but it help's if your body clock allows you to be online at midnight server time each night.

Last edited:

palmertrou

I'm in, any other special requirements?

Nope, as long as I know your IGN I'll send you an IGM to tell you your role and when the round starts.

Hopefully we'll have 10 before 00:00 tonight so we can start it then.

In the meantime familiarize yourself with the tactics in the link to get the edge on everyone else.

Round 1 players:

1: Prototype
2: reinhold175
3: BlackKnight72
4: Spooner001
5: me.blake
6: Yarric
7: arthemy
8: djassassin
9: Random Poster

2 Mafia, 1 cop, 1 doctor 5 civilians.

Last edited:

DeletedUser71940

Manuals are for losers :icon_cool: Prototype. learns through trial and error. Although it takes a lot longer, it is still quiet an efficient way :p,

< 'tis my IGN btw.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I probably can't be in as my IGN is unknown :icon_confused:

palmertrou

hmmmm, i think this is going to take a while. I'm going to see who I can muster up.

DeletedUser

EY PALMER my friend im in ... told u on the forums ... so mail me in game tell me my role

DeletedUser

Mafia is traditionally a 'party game' which is awesome if you've never played it. I figured out a way to make it work in the forum and will be starting the game after I get 10 players.

It's basically a verbal game of deceit, tactics and manipulation.

Game rules for party version

I'm going to translate the rules to work in the forum shortly.

You must have a W36 account to be able to play.

I will act as narrator/god for the first round.

If this is works well then I'll open it up to 20 for the next round.

This game has been around in forums for a long time, i'm sure you can just find rules there.

Try: http://mafiascum.net/

There are also many other sites out there.

palmertrou

Thanks Lynx, yeah, I came across that when I was looking for rules.

I'm going to play a round in that site actually, to see how it works in a forum. This setup will work though so I'm still going to run round 1.

Just waiting on more players, hint hint.

DeletedUser

I have played this many a time on IRC. However I have no idea how this would work in game. Nor am I really interested to see.

Spooner001

I'll play.

I'm sure i could manage to be awake at 00:00 server time for a week or two.

palmertrou

I'll play.

I'm sure i could manage to be awake at 00:00 server time for a week or two.

You don't acutally have to be online at this time but this is generally when things happen so it just helps.

palmertrou

Guy, do you want to ask about and try and get 10? or do you just want to play with the amount we have?