Make bans public

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser44927

Can anyone give me a good reason why the reason for a ban and the punishment for it should not be made pubic?

How can we be expected to learn from bans if we dont know what a ban was for?

Plus it would make the process transparent and stop peope thinking they had been treated unfairly by the mods.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think they will still get people as some of the time stuff happens on accident. For example I do not sit much and keep it that way so that I can sit during emergencies without hassles. Yet found myself sitting 2 people sent out of town for work for a couple weeks each and almost accidentally attacked the same person with both of their accounts as they were each attacking multiple people. I got lucky in that I had just launched one players scheduled attacks and then was in the other ones account and saw that he was attacking same player as a target of opportunity as the first one. So I had to scurry and cancel all attacks from both players. (LOL I was playing it safe after my inadvertent scare of almost attacking same player with multiple accounts.)

Accidents do happen and it would of been very easy for me to miss the one that almost happened to me and is honestly one of the reasons I only rarely sit and keep that limited to only a couple of people when they really need it and that the main one is awayssss away from me lol so no accidents when I farm players with my account. Darn farm noblers grrrrrrrrrrrrr, lol.

DeletedUser

I have edited post one because it talks about a direct case. As we are all aware talking about individual cases is against the rules. Don't ask me why because I don't know the answer to that question.

In reference to Rashelle's point, it is very easy to attack the same player via two different accounts. The simple way around it is organization. Or get a script that will only allow you to attack players a certain other player hasn't. I'm sure it's possible to make one.

I would just like to once again remind you all that talking about individual cases in public is auto ban worthy.

This thread has been moved.

Secondly I would like to make a point of stating that the rules for in game practice are very clear as to what is and what isn't legal.

Mod's should tell you where you went wrong as well. That is how the in game system works. We tell you what is wrong and then you can either appeal it or accept your punishment.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think that a publicly viewable system where you can see bans or actions taken by game staff would be very much appropriate.

Often you have no idea why someone else was punished/banned and are sitting there wondering what they did and if you also happened to have done the same thing.

Other games have taken steps to show and explain why others were banned and i think it is a good idea for TW to implement as well, both educational and informative.

kvasha

Mod's should tell you where you went wrong as well. That is how the in game system works. We tell you what is wrong and then you can either appeal it or accept your punishment.
appeal? how? just if your mom died and you got angry?? because if you did a mistake that's isn't a reason of appeal...

DeletedUser

appeal? how? just if your mom died and you got angry?? because if you did a mistake that's isn't a reason of appeal...

They always give you a reason. Trust me, I've been through my fair share of infractions and warnings. Most were right in the ruling of giving them to me, but they always leave a reason and point to which rule that I broke.

DeletedUser

Sometimes not even the mods know the rules. And then you appeal and point out where they were wrong. Ban lifted.

DeletedUser

It is very hard to break the rules of TW without knowing you are doing so. Getting angry simply isn't an excuse, no matter the circumstances.

DeletedUser

OR you could just put everything that makes you angry in your sig and then people will know more than ever to stay away from you.

karnstein

A public system would solve a lot of questions/issues.

and

Or get a script that will only allow you to attack players a certain other player hasn't. I'm sure it's possible to make one.

Would it kill some tw (staff) people to actually put forth some effort on this and save a lot of (paying) customers a headache?

The main reason bannable offenses happen is that they CAN happen. Something that is bannable shouldn't be easy to achieve within a game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser44927

I think what a lot of people are after is transparency.
Sometimes one side feels they have been treated more harshly than than the other, making the punishments public would stop one of the biggest issues that upsets people.

DeletedUser

I think what a lot of people are after is transparency.
Sometimes one side feels they have been treated more harshly than than the other, making the punishments public would stop one of the biggest issues that upsets people.
:icon_idea:
:spear:
I mean it isnt a foreign idea at all, two accounts get banned for similar rule infraction, why is one treated differently.

DeletedUser

People that are annoying should be banned!
No doubt about that!
TheMudge Just ban them if you hate them and they give you a bad remark They are 100% noobs

nhoj999

DeletedUser

:icon_idea:
:spear:
I mean it isnt a foreign idea at all, two accounts get banned for similar rule infraction, why is one treated differently.

I do my best to treat everybody fairly so I can't see why anybody here would have reason to complain :icon_razz:

DeletedUser44927

I, and i think most others, are talking about ingame mods and ingame punishments.

DeletedUser

You understand if you want anybody to change this rule you should be using a different forum right?

Status
Not open for further replies.