Making Free CoAs and Avvys

DeletedUser

Ok, tell me what you did???

Did you have a Layer with just your Background on it, and another Layer with the Background, and your name on it???

If not, that is your problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ok, tell me what you did???

Did you have a Layer with just your Background on it, and another Layer with the Background, and your name on it???

If not, there is your problem.

I had my original layer, then one with just Poopypop on it. and then I overlapped them onto eachother, (im not very great at layers either...)

DeletedUser

Hopefully you left them, and didn't merged them together or anything. The key in an Animations are the Layers. The Layers are your movements, well...don't take my word for it though. I'm still a nOobie on making Animations.

DeletedUser

Hopefully you left them, and didn't merged them together or anything. The key in an Animations are the Layers. The Layers are your movements, well...don't take my word for it though. I'm still a nOobie on making Animations.
DA i can help with animation... i just wouldnt use gimp... look up Movie Gear(free trial) u can set timing and lower quality and stuff... im going to animate one of my sigs...(wont b able to use it) but it should be cool.

DeletedUser

Nah, if you feel that you are getting the hang with the Software that you are using. Why use other things, when that Software can also do Animations???

You don't need high quality Animated Things, simplicity is pretty much enough...

DeletedUser

LoL, it is better if you learned it from experience...^_^

It is not bad telling people to learn it the hard way...

DeletedUser

I told you, im ready I just need you to explain layers a little more. I know how to get a new layer and stuff, but I dont get where to go from there...

DeletedUser

Ok, that is it!!!

We will do this my way, and I call this the "ACADEMY"!!!

You follow every single thing, and you should be fine.

Go to GIMP.

Go to Files -> New.

Choose the Canvas Size that you like.

Now, filled that Canvas with Black Color.

Design your Background.

I'll let you do the designing, and such.

Now, duplicate that layer.

HOW???

Layer -> Duplicate Layer

Now, make sure that you are on the Duplicated Layer. If you are not sure just click the Top Layer that is in your Layer Dock.

After clicking that, put the text that you want.

Now, go to Files.

File -> Save As

Put the Name, and then put .gif after the name.

Then a Box should pop up.

Tick "SAVE AS ANIMATIONS".

Now, choose the speed that you want.

I prefer you use 500 or lower.

Then click SAVE.

This is the most basic guide for that...I hope you get it now...

DeletedUser

Sorry, I'm full I am trying to teach 4 Students right now. Not including Poo...

Brain was in this program...but not officially part of it though...^_^