Making worlds larger by rewarding daily log-in streaks

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marrowx

Reaction score
So we all wanna see larger worlds right? One way to make that happen is giving players incentive to make new villages even after getting nobled multiple times, or even if they aren't looking to seriously play the world anyomre.

The idea:

Players logging in every single day for a week should get a random green flag as a reward .

Multiplier - (imo this is needed to keep players interested and to keep logging and making new villages after getting nobled.) - after each month of logging in every single day you get a +1x multiplier on your flags. So for example month 3 you would be getting 3 random green flags every week.

Everyone knows new players are at a somewhat large disadvantage when it comes to flags.
Imo green flags are ideal, because they will be a big help for newer players, while for anyone playing seriously and for a long time this will be nice, perhaps worth the couple minutes to keep logging in but nothing special.

There are a lot of ways to change things up - for example there could be points or od based multipliers aswell to get more activity, but you get the main idea so lets discuss!

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
How would this be affected by having multiple worlds "active"?

Can i just start every single world, keep me active on all of them, and recieve 20-30 flags every month doing "nothing"?
Also it opens the possibilty for people having multiple accounts to "flagfarm" and then just switch the good ones to a main account.

Deleted User - 848983838

all the money making players are too focused on getting a world win badge and dip the second that is no longer obtainable and head towards a new world with a new premade in the focus of a world win badge. inno is fine with that because they will spend massive amounts again on a new world and the badge hunters are fine with that because they have ample opportunities to start a new world.

if you want longer worlds release them less often. so if you start losing a world you can't just jump ship to a new world because there might only be 3/4 a year. a simple green flag bonus does nothing and inconsequential even to a new account with zero or minimal flags.

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
I will vote NO for this suggestion.

Right now nothing is stopping a player that has lost his only village to restart again in the same world. The player is not being incentivized but he is not being stopped from restarting either (unless the world has reached endgame scenario).

What the suggestion is saying is:
Just stick around, no matter how many times you get nobled, no matter if you do something in-game or not, just log in. Log in and you will get rewarded and If you keep logging in for a week with a flag.

So this player is food.
This player is an easy target for anyone.
This player will keep having his only village nobled, over and over again but he will keep playing because he wants the free flags which he gets just by logging in.

In the short term, the players count will increase but it will come at the cost of quality. More and more "dumb" players will play just to log in once a day so they can get the free flags. More and more flag farmers will play a world even when they know they don't have a chance to win just for the flags.

Worse of all is though, that flag farmers will become like pp farmers.

The thing with flag/pp farmers is that they create a shady economy. An economy of exchanging favors which I don't like. IMO at the end, this suggestion will increase the food for the good players instead of increasing the competition and making the world more exciting/vivid.

Anyone who wants to do flag farming can do so already in casual worlds. If you manage to get a decent amount of villages on a casual world you can do really good flag farming like 2-3k flags per month and much faster also then what the suggestion says.

My biggest problem with the suggestion is not flag farming since the player can do that even without the suggestion, just on a smaller scale. My biggest problem with the suggestion is that indirectly the suggestion promotes this shady economy of exchanging favors which I don't like.

Reaction score
In the short term, the players count will increase but it will come at the cost of quality. More and more "dumb" players will play just to log in once a day so they can get the free flags. More and more flag farmers will play a world even when they know they don't have a chance to win just for the flags.

I somewhat disagree with this. I think it is no secrete that pp is king in this game. I cant play the game without premium and AM. So I am not advocating to restrict pp use. However, not everyone can afford to spend money on pp/farm as the top 20-30 players can. The only thing that can make it somewhat enjoyable is having some distance between the pp spenders. While I do not believe this idea is the silver bullet. It may make worlds larger thereby giving some players the distance they need from the pp spenders to build up their vills.

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
Hello @Prussian Jager , sure you totally have the right to disagree with my opinion and I respect that. My idea and why I do not agree with the suggestion is because I think that the suggestion indirectly promotes favor exchanging like "let me live and I will gift the village to you". He will not gift the village to you, he will gift the village to one of those top 25 players. So indirectly those top 25 players will come near you. And since you will have a bit more time to build your village ... they will noble the village from you already built.

There are players who fight to noble their villages, they clear their targets and lose troops to clear them. Then there are players who are gifted villages and outgrow anyone else in the same amount of time. I know since I have had to fight against these players that are being gifted villages, all the time.

This is why personally I don't find this idea attractive. This suggestion will only increase the food for the top players and will only increase the inequalities instead of balancing things out.

However, this is my opinion, not necessarily you should be okay with my suggestion.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I like the idea of encouraging players to 'stick it out' - I would never see an issue with users restarting over and over again on a world until it gets locked for new / restarting users; they already can. This is an incentive to keep people somewhat active on at least a daily basis so I wholeheartedly support it :)

Reaction score
There are players who fight to noble their villages, they clear their targets and lose troops to clear them. Then there are players who are gifted villages and outgrow anyone else in the same amount of time. I know since I have had to fight against these players that are being gifted villages, all the time.

Thank you for your response! I agree with this statement that gifted villages give players a somewhat "unfair" advantage over their competition. However, I think this is another issue that needs to be addressed in a different way. I do not believe that this idea will stimulate people to regift villages as they continue to respawn. Additionally, once players reach 50 or 100 vills, gifted vills are less beneficial to the player. So while gifting villages is common in TW, I fail to see how promoting players to respawn will give them the desire to regift vills. (Also, I believe it is against the rules to regift a village to the same player).