Maxed Villas: Your thoughts and opinions

DeletedUser

Resources should be maxed in all villages, academies should be built in all villages. Market is dependant on personal preference, some don't use it, so having it at 10 is fine, anything above 20 is just a waste of pop space. HQ is generally good to have at 20, however sometimes it can be good to have it higher if it's in enemy territory. The time to get the wall back up can be far more important than a few extra axes in your nukes, especially when you're wanting to send them out as soon as they're anywhere near built anyways.

DeletedUser

Resources should be maxed in all villages, academies should be built in all villages. Market is dependant on personal preference, some don't use it, so having it at 10 is fine, anything above 20 is just a waste of pop space. HQ is generally good to have at 20, however sometimes it can be good to have it higher if it's in enemy territory. The time to get the wall back up can be far more important than a few extra axes in your nukes, especially when you're wanting to send them out as soon as they're anywhere near built anyways.

Pretty much sums it up right there...

DeletedUser

If you have to travel 50 hours by LC to find an inactive player in the late game, you're not looking hard enough...and wherever you find him, you'll likely have troops to clear, too. Since you've also got to clear, you're not bringing as much home, so it's not quite that simple. =p

Better to keep updating your bookmarks now and then, and make massive blast runs of 1500 quicker runs every few hours for a few days until you're back on pace. :icon_wink:

Jaco mah mate...we need to talk about that nuke a bit. :icon_razz:
Yeah and that is where my "farm village comes into play".
When I clear enough villages I use few villages depends on the level of inactive area and simply mass produce lc in it.
Then I clear a village i use that lc force to pull awayas much resources as I can.
And since that village is usually in the cluster it has no other buildings other then stable,market,rally point,farm&store and mines maxed and hq at lvl 15,i try to get most of it just for farming.
Because when they bring in the res I farm that one village with troops from the closest ones and distribute it evenly where I need it as soon as the res arrives.
And when you have 200 villages you can put 50 of those villages easily :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I think what he is trying to say is he makes his own 'farm' in the middle of his cluster and rather than use market to distribute he farms with his own lc......

I may of course be wrong :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

He said he sets up "farming villages" that he uses to farm with, and then farms those villages to distribute the resources. 50 out of 200 for that purpose seems extremely wasteful to me.

DeletedUser

Making 1/4 of your villages strictly specialized in any fashion is an utter waste, whether it's 20, 200, or 2000 villages.

10% specialized, unique villages...tops, and even the majority of those should really consist of spec-built villages (all same points, regardless of troop configuration). 1) You want to conceal your specialized troop configurations, and 2) you never know when you're going to need to switch a villages troop configuration.

Additionally, not having an academy in a specialized farming village is just making more work for yourself. You can't coin from your most productive and profitable villages.

DeletedUser

Yeah and that is where my "farm village comes into play".
When I clear enough villages I use few villages depends on the level of inactive area and simply mass produce lc in it.
Then I clear a village i use that lc force to pull awayas much resources as I can.
And since that village is usually in the cluster it has no other buildings other then stable,market,rally point,farm&store and mines maxed and hq at lvl 15,i try to get most of it just for farming.
Because when they bring in the res I farm that one village with troops from the closest ones and distribute it evenly where I need it as soon as the res arrives.
And when you have 200 villages you can put 50 of those villages easily :icon_wink:

Dude, this is just a bad idea all around. The 2000-2500 LC in your nukes will farm much more efficiently, you won't need to send LC on massive trips, you won't need to cripple a village through horrible troop and village builds.

Wow, the last line really does stand out to me, you don't realise that those 50 villages are VERY important when you're at about the 200 villa stage, believe me when I say that you'll need that defense, since I assume you're not removing nukes to implement farming villages. Just farm with your normal villages, you'll find things a LOT easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

God was I drunk that they :icon_redface:

But on a side note but how I do things is my own way that I came by under specific circumstance when I played w22.

DeletedUser

Finally found thread that was very useful through Search :) . So far, my forum searches always used to fail me to get accurate threads

I have just a small additional question. What do you guys build in 10k pop space in a church village. Its obviously defense. Originally I was inclined to build only scouts . However the more I think like as I keep on scouting all people around from the same village..it will be more exposed.
Also if we loose such a church village , it will be dangerous locationally, strategically and pop wise for adjacent D and O villages.

it would be great if you guys can enlighten me on - troops in church villages , scout villages builds(in case you use a non church village)

ps: thanks to Laz, reaper, Izzy for excellent posts in this thread. All of my Newb clouds disappeared!

DeletedUser80956

I like to build scouts in it, but i'll also build swords to fill up the extra pop. And i'm glad the search function worked out for you, it usually doesn't for me.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the respone. I guess my concern that they will know my church village(as I will scout from the same village), will be more concern in latter game when some real tribes fight start. I guess right now, still being on the rim, this can be delayed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have thought of the pure scouts in a church village, however I find it'll just lessen my defensive power overall. I prefer to just build barracks troops in church villages, usually a mix of spears/swords/archers, everyone has their own preferences.

DeletedUser

Thanks for that Livchew.My TW age is 2 months....I read openeye guide back at start. I understand them better now