Meet the family

DeletedUser

How many families are UFC going to have? They remind of brainless version of the old days of the HOT tribes on World 2:icon_redface:

I motion that TW creates a rule that only 1 tribe of the same name or similar on 1 world. At least disguise yourselves so people don't think you are a family tribe:icon_idea:

DeletedUser

I'd get infracted for saying what I think about UFC and its leaders.

DeletedUser

Eventually all family tribes = fail

Recruiting point whores, nobling majority barbs, recruiting refugees, mass recruiting in general and suffocating K's. All the more reason to cast a long-term fail judgment.

They do have a handful of good players though that I communicate with every now and then... But, a handful of good players isn't that many in 4000 tribes :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

family tribes is not bad the only thing is how they handle and must have a member limit...

DeletedUser

UFC is kinda off, im not sure what they are trying to accomplish by moving towards this direction tho.

DeletedUser

Recruiting point whores, nobling majority barbs, recruiting refugees, mass recruiting in general and suffocating K's. All the more reason to cast a long-term fail judgment.

They do have a handful of good players though that I communicate with every now and then... But, a handful of good players isn't that many in 4000 tribes :p

I don't agree with the statement that all family tribes suck.

But then again, UFC isn't a family tribe anymore: it's a mass hugfest. All they do all day is nobling barbarians, recruiting more crap players and building their precious swords.

DeletedUser

Well, I don't recall a family tribe that were largely successful in my previous worlds. However, I have ad an extended break :p One may have slipped through in that time.

Miscommunication and clashes in leadership direction and style always seemed to be the problem.

With UFC you are correct... Too many weak players are invited in and it does no good for their credibility.

DeletedUser

I don't agree with the statement that all family tribes suck.

But then again, UFC isn't a family tribe anymore: it's a mass hugfest. All they do all day is nobling barbarians, recruiting more crap players and building their precious swords.

Speaking of swords, I have an incoming sword train from UFC.. They are so cool!

DeletedUser

For the most part but some do succeed. W18 had some very successful families. Especially DS.

DeletedUser

UFC are all over the bloody place. I think they must do what I used to do when I first started playin. Keep recruiting members from the ranking table until 50 have joined regardless of position. Hands up if any UFC players have contacted your tribe for an alliance
*raises hand

mitsche

For the most part but some do succeed. W18 had some very successful families. Especially DS.
The reason why W18 had successful family tribes was because all the decent players quit in the west. I was the leader of one of those families (FFDB, for those of you that remeber us) which ended up merging into the IA family later known as Apos I think. The only reason why my family, and any other family, was able to succeed was because all the decent players from G.Khan, Legion, and DDB all quit at the same time to move to W26 and W28.

I have since learned the evils of families. Families not only breed incompetent, but they take the fun outta the game so the better players leave!

DeletedUser

World 11 had the attero family.. They're down to 1 tribe now but they were successful when they had 2 or 3 tribes as well.

DeletedUser

damn, attero is still around? I only played w11 briefly but i remember them being there..thats a long time lol.

DeletedUser

i mean yeah,
the family tribes are good, in theory.

But what seems reasonable on paper doesnt always mean the same on the battlefield.

Human errors play critical to failure of family tribe. (mass recruiting, point whoring, bad alliance decision)
A failed family tribe means a lousy leader.

DeletedUser

The reason why W18 had successful family tribes was because all the decent players quit in the west. I was the leader of one of those families (FFDB, for those of you that remeber us) which ended up merging into the IA family later known as Apos I think. The only reason why my family, and any other family, was able to succeed was because all the decent players from G.Khan, Legion, and DDB all quit at the same time to move to W26 and W28.

I have since learned the evils of families. Families not only breed incompetent, but they take the fun outta the game so the better players leave!

amen.

I have on more than one occasion stated my opinions on families and the biggest problem with them, particularly on the scale of w18, is that it simply kills competition.

Anyone can merge and invite 100's of players into one massive family, but you would want to is beyond me.

Muldie325

Rank Name Tribe Points Villages Average points per village
1 Perpetual Inebriation R4KI 495.566 92 5387
2 formz R4KI 495.233 86 5759
3 Easy.Farm WP 394.374 84 4695
4 Jebivetar R4KI 369.650 70 5281
5 Angrim R4KI 343.429 72 4770
6 slacker2k CATS 287.617 71 4051
7 Papoomio W45 R4KI 269.413 53 5083
8 hotspur09 R4KI 255.643 47 5439
9 AdzDev One 241.412 41 5888
10 SirYimmy One 234.195 38 6163
11 Verrine R4KI 232.308 38 6113
12 steinlichtt Zero 225.127 38 5924
13 jdiz Apex 219.558 42 5228
14 Slawz R4KI 218.229 37 5898
15 MichielK CATS 214.119 48 4461
16 Zindra123 R4KI 207.933 45 4621
17 dasdim R4KI 202.648 30 6755
18 carolynpt Fremen 202.505 34 5956
19 sidney07 R4KI 198.015 40 4950
20 Jeps123 R4KI 186.472 42 4440

Top 20 pointwhores and none in family tribes. I think this means someone was wrong about families recruiting pointwhores...

DeletedUser

I think family tribes are good they build barbarians for us to noble later :D

DeletedUser

i mean yeah,
the family tribes are good, in theory.

But what seems reasonable on paper doesnt always mean the same on the battlefield.

Human errors play critical to failure of family tribe. (mass recruiting, point whoring, bad alliance decision)
A failed family tribe means a lousy leader.

the same can be said about a non-family tribes as well.

Families will succeed if the leaders don't suck, its just usually, families are formed when an incompetant leader thinks its a good idea to have his map covered in blue...