New to all this

DeletedUser113179

Hi guys,

a good friend of mine has asked me to try this game out and I have been reading up about it and like the look of it, I am a quick learner but was wondering if anyone would take me under their wing and show me the ropes or at least guide me along the way and as this is a new world from what I can see about to start I thought it would be the best to start, many thanks.

Untiltheend....Andy

DeletedUser

Hello there new player, welcome to tribal wars.
If you want i'll be your guide ^^

But you need to be active and have a skype.

And i also suggest that you do not join this particular world. (as it is P2W world and you are a beginner).Join an old world, under protection, where you can learn safely without worrying about a thing.

A world generally starts within 2 months of each other, so you won't have to wait for that long.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No it's no problem you can join this world even with the pp features enabled.It would be a practice world for you to get the hang of the game and what not.If you need anything shoot me a pm and I'll give you a run down of how things are done.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I'd also recommend joining this world, not the rim of an older world.

If you, or the friend that suggested you try the game, are interested in learning the ins and outs of the game and playing at a competitive level as opposed to just randomly clicking stuff for shits & giggles I am more than happy to help answer any questions either of you have.

DeletedUser113179

Thank you for your thoughts and offer, will let you know as soon as I have spoken to others who have messaged me, thanks again.

DeletedUser97716

I suggest that if you are wanting to be under the wing of someone, there is noone better than ALessonInPointWhoring (Nauzhror). He is one of the best at startup, but if you want to continue past a few thousand points, youll need someone else as well as Nauz does not play past.

DeletedUser113179

Ok guys, what's the best thing to do now once the world starts, can I join one of your tribes?

DeletedUser113179

Is anyone here joining the world and if so can I join your tribe?

DeletedUser

I doubt anyone posting here wanna take you in their tribe. Why do you wanna join a tribe ? ^^

DeletedUser59417

TW Guides
[spoil]http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?197546-Guide-Library[/spoil]

Step 1
Open spoiler

Step 2
Make coffee

Step 3
Curl up on your couch with a blanket and cookies

Step 4
Read until you get eye cancer from your laptop

You are now set up to get nobled by a far greater player then yourself. Seriously, this game is 10 years old. Don't expect to be great at it on your first world.

The basics
[Spoil]1.Download Skype Communication is key
2. Download opera browser
3. Learn about TW stats and map tools
4. Learn TW lingo Rim, Farming, Dodge, Snipe, T-train, Core, nublet, point whore, troop whore, scripts, fakes, barb, noble, internal, spy, spike, nuke, stack, basher and refugee
5. Learn the best quest chain
6. Learn town groupings offensive and defensive builds
7. Learn all the pally weapons
8. Learn all the flags and their uses
9. Game mechanics ram and cat charts
10. Distance calculator and Attack renamer/planner
11. Timing
12. The awesomeness of knightbrad as your supreme overload![/spoil]

DeletedUser

you can take him as a co-player ^
i know you were looking for one

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
You are now set up to get nobled by a far greater player then yourself. Seriously, this game is 10 years old. Don't expect to be great at it on your first world.

Hugely exaggerated, it shouldn't take more than a few months to get good.

I'd estimate six months being about how long it takes someone intelligent to be able to learn the game well enough to compete with the top players, or much, much, less than that if someone is taught by a top player.

W63 I took two newbies under my wing, both reached top 5 rankings that world.

Is that typical?

No, they were exceptions to a certain degree, they were both competitive gamers that had excelled in other online games prior to playing TW, but if someone is motivated and intelligent and given the right information early on they can quickly become a dominant player.

Last edited:

DeletedUser113178

Hugely exaggerated, it shouldn't take more than a few months to get good.

I'd estimate six months being about how long it takes someone intelligent to be able to learn the game well enough to compete with the top players, or much, much, less than that if someone is taught by a top player.

W63 I took two newbies under my wing, both reached top 5 rankings that world.

Is that typical?

No, they were exceptions to a certain degree, they were both competitive gamers that had excelled in other online games prior to playing TW, but if someone is motivated and intelligent and given the right information early on they can quickly become a dominant player.

If you have a good teacher and a basic understanding of the game it could only take weeks but every player varies obviously. getting good is not the hard part, consistancy is though.

DeletedUser113179

TW Guides
[spoil]http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?197546-Guide-Library[/spoil]

Step 1
Open spoiler

Step 2
Make coffee

Step 3
Curl up on your couch with a blanket and cookies

Step 4
Read until you get eye cancer from your laptop

The basics
[Spoil]1.Download Skype Communication is key
2. Download opera browser
3. Learn about TW stats and map tools
4. Learn TW lingo Rim, Farming, Dodge, Snipe, T-train, Core, nublet, point whore, troop whore, scripts, fakes, barb, noble, internal, spy, spike, nuke, stack, basher and refugee
5. Learn the best quest chain
6. Learn town groupings offensive and defensive builds
7. Learn all the pally weapons
8. Learn all the flags and their uses
9. Game mechanics ram and cat charts
10. Distance calculator and Attack renamer/planner
11. Timing
12. The awesomeness of knightbrad as your supreme overload![/Spoil]

Glad I have a sense of humour ;-) and thanks for the advice, I have been reading loads of guides and the library as suggested above, I won't actually start until the new world starts.

On a side note my friend has told me that a lot of good players say the hate point whores (that's the term he used) but they almost all get a high point start to prevent early attacks, is there any true in this?

DeletedUser113179

If you have a good teacher and a basic understanding of the game it could only take weeks but every player varies obviously. getting good is not the hard part, consistancy is though.

Consistency is the key to many things, thank you young lady :)