News from the Darkside

DeletedUser

"Everything's fair in love and war."

I quote that again.

Anyways, [V] is off to a dismal start to say the least. Who thinks the trend will continue :lol:?

DeletedUser

The arguements being made here are appearantly by someone who has no idea of why or when to noble barbs....

The 'Barb nobling is bad' mantra all too often gets thrown around by inexperienced players trying to pose as being more experienced than they really are. The arguement made by less experienced players is that nobling barbs detracts from enemy nobling, it may to an extent, however this game is as much about securing ground as aquisition.

Nobling barbs is a different issue at different times on a world, and is essentially an issue of account growth.

In the early world nobling barbs is detrimental to your growth, as player villages will generally be larger, you need to eliminate threats and the barbs are useful farms. Thus at this stage of a server nobling barbs slows your growth as they take time to develop. Hence the real reason why barb nobling is criticised at this stage.

Late game is about securing the areas you do hold and farming is far less of a factor. If you are involved in a reasonably serious war you will appreciate that you are generally facing decent sized stacks, at least in the immediate frontline area. These take multiple nukes to clear, and in turn you will require multiple Ds to secure any new village you take. Thus you need more villages behind the lines to fight effectively. Unless you wish to fight without stacks and put your self at a disadvantage. If you are facing a moderately competant enemy you are going to require stacks and to bust stacks. At this stage it is helpful for your account growth and definatley for your account security to noble barbs. Particularly in highly competitive areas. If you have more villages close to the enemy then they have to you, you have more troops available at your disposal in a shorter timeframe. All of which prove beneficial to account growth.

None of this applies to people who noble barbs exclusively as that will prove detrimental in basically all circumstances, but basically the arguement that 'all barb nobling is bad' is simply stupid and shows a lack of game knowledge by the people who make that arguement.

DeletedUser74958

And if you want a good examples, check out stooge's cluster on the k55 border. He relocated to the frontlines and nobled barbs so he could be involved in his tribe's war. No hiding in secure K's, send nukes and D from long distance but never actually nobling the enemy which I've seen too much in this world.

DeletedUser

Or maybe if you spent less time on the forum trying to be like us in the pure awesomeness department, you could noble enemy villages instead of internals.

I didn't bring up the point of cheap conquers.

The arguements being made here are appearantly by someone who has no idea of why or when to noble barbs....

The 'Barb nobling is bad' mantra all too often gets thrown around by inexperienced players trying to pose as being more experienced than they really are. The arguement made by less experienced players is that nobling barbs detracts from enemy nobling, it may to an extent, however this game is as much about securing ground as aquisition.

Nobling barbs is a different issue at different times on a world, and is essentially an issue of account growth.

In the early world nobling barbs is detrimental to your growth, as player villages will generally be larger, you need to eliminate threats and the barbs are useful farms. Thus at this stage of a server nobling barbs slows your growth as they take time to develop. Hence the real reason why barb nobling is criticised at this stage.

Late game is about securing the areas you do hold and farming is far less of a factor. If you are involved in a reasonably serious war you will appreciate that you are generally facing decent sized stacks, at least in the immediate frontline area. These take multiple nukes to clear, and in turn you will require multiple Ds to secure any new village you take. Thus you need more villages behind the lines to fight effectively. Unless you wish to fight without stacks and put your self at a disadvantage. If you are facing a moderately competant enemy you are going to require stacks and to bust stacks. At this stage it is helpful for your account growth and definatley for your account security to noble barbs. Particularly in highly competitive areas. If you have more villages close to the enemy then they have to you, you have more troops available at your disposal in a shorter timeframe. All of which prove beneficial to account growth.

None of this applies to people who noble barbs exclusively as that will prove detrimental in basically all circumstances, but basically the arguement that 'all barb nobling is bad' is simply stupid and shows a lack of game knowledge by the people who make that arguement.

First post I actually paid attention to and I actually agree with it to some extent now, at least more than the first time it was explained. And by this logic internals cannot be criticized either?

DeletedUser

Internals definatly cant be criticized. I would say internals are the most important villages. You have to keep those villages in your tribe before some vulture starts nobling them. TBH Enoblements shouldent be used as an insult to anyone. So what if people noble barbs or internals. The fact is they are still here playing in the late game providing nukes and defence when ever needed.

My small rant :p

DeletedUser

While partly true, if someone has an account made up of over 60% 2k barbs and over 80% barbs and internals. You have to question their playing style just a little bit.

DeletedUser

While partly true, if someone has an account made up of over 60% 2k barbs and over 80% barbs and internals. You have to question their playing style just a little bit.

Well maybe his playing style, but if he is in some way helping his tribe win wars even tho he's doing none of the nobling I would not question that. I let him go on with his business and stack the front and bombard the enemy with nukes. Either way more nukes the tribe has in store is the better. Inactive accounts cant attack

DeletedUser

But there is a way to make a strong positive difference from the backlines if you noble villages close to the front. Otherwise those packets will either be used to noble barbs in the backlines like a pussy or will sit there doing nothing at all, when in reality they are more nobles that can be used against the enemy.

DeletedUser

But there is a way to make a strong positive difference from the backlines if you noble villages close to the front. Otherwise those packets will either be used to noble barbs in the backlines like a pussy or will sit there doing nothing at all, when in reality they are more nobles that can be used against the enemy.

yes im just saying. Im not a barb nobler and never will be one but i can still respect players that do noble barbs if they do shit in the war

DeletedUser

Keep up the great work [V].

[spoil]
Side 1:
Tribes: DVADER
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: [V]
Players:

Timeframe: 01/07/2010 00:00:00 to 05/07/2010 03:32:11

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 41
Side 2: 1
Difference: 40

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 397,730
Side 2: 9,211
Difference: 388,519

chart

[/spoil]

Also, did someone not pay attention on the power270lb account when attempting to retake a village I got from it, and send full nukes as support instead of an attack? Rather lolworthy.

Origin: 198 Power (741|251) K27
To: JamieRed
Destination: DVADER (701|299) K27

Units:
1 4 7000 9 3000 0 235 0 0

Noobs. Steve, where are you? Come get this account back and do something decent with it. These [V] guys are a disgrace lol

[spoil] Support DVADER (701|299) K27 power270lb today at 06:10 2:28:47
Support DVADER (701|299) K27 power270lb today at 07:59 4:17:40
Support DVADER (701|299) K27 power270lb today at 08:35 4:53:47
Support DVADER (701|299) K27 power270lb today at 08:45 5:04:06
Support DVADER (701|299) K27 power270lb today at 08:54 5:12:38
Support DVADER (701|299) K27 power270lb today at 09:42 6:01:05
Support DVADER (701|299) K27 power270lb today at 11:12 7:31:02
Support DVADER (701|299) K27 power270lb today at 12:52 9:10:51
Support DVADER (701|299) K27 power270lb today at 12:56 9:14:41
Support DVADER (701|299) K27 power270lb today at 13:07 9:25:46
Support DVADER (701|299) K27 power270lb today at 13:19 9:37:30
Support DVADER (701|299) K27 power270lb today at 15:00 11:18:27
Support DVADER (701|299) K27 power270lb today at 15:14 11:32:50
Support DVADER (701|299) K27 power270lb today at 15:27 11:46:08
Support DVADER (701|299) K27 power270lb today at 18:06 14:25:00
Support DVADER (701|299) K27 power270lb today at 21:40 17:58:28
Support DVADER (701|299) K27 power270lb today at 22:19 18:37:23
Support DVADER (701|299) K27 power270lb tomorrow at 13:05 33:23:34
Support DVADER (701|299) K27 power270lb tomorrow at 14:19 34:38:05
Support DVADER (516|619) K65 power270lb on 13.07. at 01:06 189:24:55
Support DVADER (516|619) K65 power270lb on 13.07. at 02:22 190:40:55
Support DVADER (516|619) K65 power270lb on 13.07. at 02:37 190:55:31
Support DVADER (516|619) K65 power270lb on 13.07. at 02:54 191:12:29
Support DVADER (516|619) K65 power270lb on 13.07. at 02:58 191:16:51
Support DVADER (516|619) K65 power270lb on 13.07. at 03:18 191:37:18
Support DVADER (516|619) K65 power270lb on 13.07. at 08:33 196:52:12
Ram Support DVADER (516|619) K65 power270lb on 13.07. at 08:43 197:01:53
Support DVADER (516|619) K65 power270lb on 13.07. at 15:13 203:32:00
Support DVADER (516|619) K65 power270lb on 13.07. at 18:42 207:00:45
[/spoil]

DeletedUser

Sorry I don't think there are many complete nukes on that front, kinda how you planned. Wait a while will ya.

DeletedUser

Sorry I don't think there are many complete nukes on that front, kinda how you planned. Wait a while will ya.

Nice excuse. "We don't have nukes so we can't noble." We never planned it for you guys not to have nukes there. We decided that it being the midway point of the year, we needed another tribe to fight. And given the multiple reasons for it to be [V], the remarks that we were 'scared' to fight [V] for supporting WUKE for months, we decided what better is there out there than to take both WUKE and [V] on at the same time.

Look, its working fine.

Oh and by the way, tell your friend who has power to send me D in the future, not Nukes as support please. More beneficial. :>

RagePBJ

Oh they got nukes. Just ask our players fighting on the fronts, or check their ODD.

DeletedUser

Many was the operative word, many nukes. And I'm sure it wasn't planned.

RagePBJ

Yup, you're right. We were just bored one day and said "Hey, wanna attack the #2 tribe and start a huge war? I think they just nuked SANG so now is a great time."

DeletedUser

Considering the sits you had from them and the way you seemed to be supporting them you knew that members of [V] in that area were expending nukes. Not a hard stretch to just think 'well since we were going to attack [V] may as well do it now when they are weaker.'

DeletedUser

Considering the sits you had from them and the way you seemed to be supporting them you knew that members of [V] in that area were expending nukes. Not a hard stretch to just think 'well since we were going to attack [V] may as well do it now when they are weaker.'

Even if they did, which I don't know because I don't make those decisions, there's still a few discrepancies.

You have no nukes? So you sent every frontline nuke you had at ~SANG~? First of all, that's terrible planning, and a bit of overkill, don't you think?

Second of all, it takes a noble and good timing to snipe back a village. It's not that difficult to land a noble on a village directly after the enemy nobles it. You can see the incoming support and such, so you can get the noble in between the last noble of theirs and their support. Unless you sent all the nobles too, which only makes [V] even worse planners.

And lastly, if you sent all your nukes and all your nobles, and didn't even suspect this was coming, [V] is blind. You were attacking DVADER's allies and supporting their enemies, while trying to noble inside their territory. Any semi-conscious tribe would've realized they were asking for war, and prepared with at least some stacks. To think that [V] didn't only indicates a lack of common sense, and the skill to retake villages.