No more restarts?

torflek

With the fact that -WE- now owns 75% of player owned villages, and of the 25% remaining only 50% fall into a tribe (meaning -WE- own over 85% of tribal owned villages). I question when will the restarts on world 7 be halted?

I also throw it out to all world 7 players. Is it a majority decision in W7 players that the world should be closed from restarts, or are there still players believing restarts should be allowed?

domination.gif

Last edited:

DeletedUser

16 with a single village and three with 0 village, at least one of those has not restarted for over a week.
I say stop respawning NOW!!!

giantsfrey

i don't care about restarts... who cares if somebody restarts? they get 1 village, which counts as about 0.00% of player-owned villages. whoop-de-do
restarts is a moot point--just the 3 month finishing period is all that matters. it'd be nice to have them declare that soon, especially since 2nd place tribe is only 5% and falling :/

DeletedUser

The problem isn't the restarts so much as the fact that every time one of these tiny little players does it they become untouchable for 60 days! How is that fair to anyone at this late stage of the world?

To me, the fact that the 20:1 rule is enabled at all after a world is closed for joining is beyond ludicrous, and it makes it a constant uphill battle for us to reduce the number of players on the world.

So, for the love of all things holy or otherwise, turn off restarts, or at least deactivate 20:1. Please!

Last edited by a moderator:

giantsfrey

they're still such a small, irrelevant percentage that we can just ignore 'em. i don't think i've ever said to myself 'damn, i can't attack this player for x amount of days because of beginner protection!' in the past 3 years, other than in jest

torflek

they're still such a small, irrelevant percentage that we can just ignore 'em. i don't think i've ever said to myself 'damn, i can't attack this player for x amount of days because of beginner protection!' in the past 3 years, other than in jest

However, that is starting to happen, and will only get worse over the next month - 3 months. End of days, the solution is to cease the restarts. Hell not one of them could grow to play again effectively.

DeletedUser

This thread is for the discussion of stopping restarts on w7, and the effects it will have. This is W7's forum - All discussions about w4, w18 etc. are off-topic and not allowed. Both worlds have their own forums, and discussions about both can take place there. Please stop insulting each other, posting inappropriate content etc. - I try to take as lenient a view as possible here, as i know any activity in an old world should be encouraged...but i have to draw the line somewhere. Please obey the rules guys, and stay on-topic.

Regards,
Levy

DeletedUser53550

It would appear that re-starts are still being allowed to happen on W7. Rather frustrating as not only do these guys get 5 days "newbie" protection, but they also get a weeks of "20 to 1" ratio protection too. Mmm.

waterdrinker

ugh...i hate that setting. They have it in w26 as well.

torflek

Aye big thanks to Morphy. Must be the best mod ever (for now). :icon_wink:

giantsfrey

water, do you play w26? i dabbled there for a while with BUL

waterdrinker

I just started an account there before they closed the world to practice start ups. Just messing around and annoying my neighbors :)