Nobling Discussion.

DeletedUser79621

I think Graylin might have something against Grind... =]

Jobetopia

I think Graylin might have something against Grind... =]

You know Kris, I Think he might!

If it helps at all Graylin I have nobled 87 Inactives recently so you can put me on your list ;)

Your not doing to badly yourself are you Graylin? Out of your last 160 conquers 146 of them were internals, 7 were from small tribes and 7 were war targets (and they were back in April).

[spoil]
The key to a successful tribe is the ability to internally noble inactive players quickly and efficiently. If you cant, the enemy will, and then your active players will begin jumping ship because the stats appear to be massively against them
[/spoil]

Personally I agree with Ankaar, so I am not saying anything bad about Graylin, just pointing out the irony :)

Very true by the Way Sober, I support your list lol

DeletedUser

LIKE OMG! Jobe actually quoted me, and it was something he had to go searching for :)

I am proud of myself :)

*I also still stand by my statement.

DeletedUser

You know Kris, I Think he might!

If it helps at all Graylin I have nobled 87 Inactives recently so you can put me on your list ;)

Your not doing to badly yourself are you Graylin? Out of your last 160 conquers 146 of them were internals, 7 were from small tribes and 7 were war targets (and they were back in April).

[spoil]

[/spoil]

Personally I agree with Ankaar, so I am not saying anything bad about Graylin, just pointing out the irony :)

Very true by the Way Sober, I support your list lol

Jobe are you smoking something?? your disillusioned!!!!!

How and the heck can my nobles be internal.. Im in NN and im nobling anyone not under my flag..

NN was formed on 5/29/10

and look at my captures.. vs ENEMY

Side 1:
Tribes:
Players: graylin

Side 2:
Tribes: Shadow
Players:

Timeframe: 29/05/2010 00:00:00 to 16/06/2010 03:54:05

Total conquers:

Side 1: 44
Side 2: 397
Difference: 353

chart

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 41
Side 2: 0
Difference: 41

chart

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 426,459
Side 2: 3,587,194
Difference: 3,160,735

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 397,889
Difference: 397,889

chart

Jobetopia

[spoil]
Side 1:
Tribes:
Side 2:
Tribes:
Players: Dannelito
Timeframe: Last month
Side 1: 38
Difference: 38
chart

Side 1: 370,006
Difference: 370,006
chart

[/spoil]

Hmmm, it could be because most of those conquers are against one player, who has not grown since March, who is being heavily nobled by everyone in NN, and whose ODA has not gone up at all so clearly isnt fighting back.

I could be wrong, but it looks to me like he is an inactive from your former Tribe and you guys are eating him - which to my mind is basically a stealth internal noblement :)

There you go people, if you want to avoid Graylins list - start up a new tribe, leave your inactives behind, then noble your old internals and hey presto - they become "War Targets".

DeletedUser

[spoil]
Side 1:
Tribes:
Side 2:
Tribes:
Players: Dannelito
Timeframe: Last month
Side 1: 38
Difference: 38
chart

Side 1: 370,006
Difference: 370,006
chart

[/spoil]

Hmmm, it could be because most of those conquers are against one player, who has not grown since March, who is being heavily nobled by everyone in NN, and whose ODA has not gone up at all so clearly isnt fighting back.

I could be wrong, but it looks to me like he is an inactive from your former Tribe and you guys are eating him - which to my mind is basically a stealth internal noblement :)

There you go people, if you want to avoid Graylins list - start up a new tribe, leave your inactives behind, then noble your old internals and hey presto - they become "War Targets".

IF someone decides to fight back or not.. Is not up to me.. but there is someone who has that account.. and did not make the cut to get a invite to NN. Might be the reason they did not make it?

But make no mistake.. they are war captures.. If they are inactive.. That does not matter to me.. I would still be hitting them if they were or were not active.

Jobetopia

IF someone decides to fight back or not.. Is not up to me.. but there is someone who has that account.. and did not make the cut to get a invite to NN. Might be the reason they did not make it?

But make no mistake.. they are war captures.. If they are inactive.. That does not matter to me.. I would still be hitting them if they were or were not active.

Strange then that NN decides to heavily target the inactive big account first isnt it - all those old Barons and Dukes who would have been able to see the activity lists attacking one of the players from there old tribe who looks from the stats to have been inactive for a while now. War Target? - Or stealth internal Noblement?

I know which one I think is more likely :)

That being said - once again, I dont think there is anything wrong with nobling off inactives, was just pointing out the irony of a player who calls other players bad for internally nobling when 95% of his Captures over the last few months are internal nobles - or ahem "War Targets" :)

DeletedUser

One of the mighty Graylins recent targets is dannelito from Shadow. Little known secret - Dannelito is a close personal friend of mine in real life. He works two jobs and grew tired of the game long before I quit. He has not done anything with his account since March and was going to delete his account this week when he returned from vacation. Interesting enough he had mailed the NN leaders and offered his account up for free nobling. He even offered to use his troops to hit any target they wished. He got no response from any of them. So yeah, another dead account that the mighty graylin attacked and can now boast that his skill scared the little guy so much that he was too afraid to fight back and just quit.

DeletedUser79621

I made Forsaken quit with my skills :icon_wink:

But seriously, everyone that loses villages to the enemy on a dead/inactive account always complains. It's going to happen, if you know they are a "dead" account, then kick them... Simples... Or at least take them out yourself so that the enemy can't.

DeletedUser

I made Forsaken quit with my skills :icon_wink:

But seriously, everyone that loses villages to the enemy on a dead/inactive account always complains. It's going to happen, if you know they are a "dead" account, then kick them... Simples... Or at least take them out yourself so that the enemy can't.

Kris,

You silly little blue haired nubcake! Firstly, just to set the record straight, I had quit months ago and it had nothing to do with you :) secondly, I skyped ONLY you to tell you that I had hit delete and you should scout my villages before sending nobles as all my troops were still home, and third, dannelito's account was a dead account and was offered to NN for free nobling. My remarks to the not so mighty graylin was in reference to the fact that 95% of the time he only nobles inactives or freebies.

DeletedUser79621

I know it was nothing to do with me Forky, it was a joke, calm down :)

We've all taken our fair share of inactives/internals/free nobles. Graylin may have taken more than more, or he may not have, I honestly don't care.

I'm not defending him here I was just stating that whenever something like this occurs the team losing villages makes excuses. It always happens, not just here but on every world I've played on.

I like you Forky, and I respect you greatly, I was genuinely upset when you quit, but when you came and told ME about you hitting delete so that I could take your villages before they went barb, I knew you respected me too, even if it was only a little bit. I also know full well that you like me, you can deny it if you want but we both know it's true.

All my comment in the previous post was about is that all tribes get inactive accounts, no tribe is without them, but when these accounts come up, some tribes fail to do anything about it.

I understand that Dannelito had gone months before you did, and that alone was a while ago. That gave the Shadow leadership plenty of time to sort out the villages, or even get a new player on the account, after all you knew the player personally, it can't have been too hard to get a replacement player and his password. Yet nothing was done and the account was left there, with someone logging in occasionally to keep it going.

My hope is that if a moment like this arises in NN, and I'm sure it will soon enough, that our leaders can do something about it quickly as I don't really want the tribe complaining about how people are taking inactive's villages.

Tbh, I'll keep taking villages from inactive people and I'll keep nuking and nobling active people. It doesn't bother me, I'm getting better at the game by attacking the active, then practising certain aspects on the inactive.

DeletedUser

Disclaimer: Im a big fan of free villages and I absolutely hate the argument that people shouldnt take free villages, they should and take plenty. But thats a different argument and anyone who fails to see it are completely illogical and dont understand this games mechanics. However, claiming them as war targets is farcical.

The difference between a war between two tribes and this is that these players have been kicked. The entire point of the formation of NN was to get rid of the chaff.

I understand that Dannelito had gone months before you did, and that alone was a while ago. That gave the Shadow leadership plenty of time to sort out the villages, or even get a new player on the account, after all you knew the player personally, it can't have been too hard to get a replacement player and his password. Yet nothing was done and the account was left there, with someone logging in occasionally to keep it going.

Graylin being one of them leaders. Graylin being one of the people who had a say in the accounts future, he could have got a new player or he could of had the account ennobled. He/They chose the second option. So no, its not a war target, its an internal noble. I've nothing against internal nobling, its a logical tactic but calling it a war target is, as I said, farcical. You can put lipstick on a pig but...it's still a pig.

Jobetopia

[spoil]

Disclaimer: Im a big fan of free villages and I absolutely hate the argument that people shouldnt take free villages, they should and take plenty. But thats a different argument and anyone who fails to see it are completely illogical and dont understand this games mechanics. However, claiming them as war targets is farcical.

The difference between a war between two tribes and this is that these players have been kicked. The entire point of the formation of NN was to get rid of the chaff.

Graylin being one of them leaders. Graylin being one of the people who had a say in the accounts future, he could have got a new player or he could of had the account ennobled. He/They chose the second option. So no, its not a war target, its an internal noble. I've nothing against internal nobling, its a logical tactic but calling it a war target is, as I said, farcical. You can put lipstick on a pig but...it's still a pig.
[/spoil]

Ebbs - I cant quite believe I am going to say this - but I agree 100% unequivocally on every point you just made.

Soberknight

Looking at current ennoblement stats for this world it seems almost everyone is focusing on internals and barbs...
Like you said, its all in the game but i dont think it proves this world is now more exciting than before. Also: this whole situation with NN forming out of 2 tribes makes it extremely difficult to report stats, because like you said these noblings can be seen as internal in some cases and true noblings in other. we cant tell.

But since NN has declared on the world we could also report stats on howmany players are left to conquer.

DeletedUser79621

I already said I'm not defending Graylin in this thread. Yes he claims them as war targets, but NN declared on the world, inactives and all.

I personally wouldn't claim them as war targets as no effort to defend was evident. Other people have different opinions. I agree with you about free villages, in fact, my days in =DoD= and early days of DSL consisted of a lot of free village taking. I still take free villages but I prefer to have a fight when it comes to it, there is no fun in taking free villages as there is no challenge.

In all fairness Sean, the villages are red on our map, I don't think any of the leaders will care what villages we take. As Kat said in the "NN's Intent" thread:

[spoil]
NN declares on the world. Every player not under our banner, aside from a few who still have open invites, is now red on our map. We will noble until we drop, or somebody stops us.
[/spoil]

Graylin being one of them leaders. Graylin being one of the people who had a say in the accounts future, he could have got a new player or he could of had the account ennobled. He/They chose the second option. So no, its not a war target, its an internal noble. I've nothing against internal nobling, its a logical tactic but calling it a war target is, as I said, farcical.

And now we are in NN Graylin holds no control, so maybe you will all get to finally see how good he actually is.. Or maybe he will find another way of keeping his skill hidden from view and will continue to take inactives. Only Graylin can change that.

You can put lipstick on a pig but...it's still a pig.

And you'd still kiss it :icon_wink:

Jobetopia

Thats the point Kris, not one of us posting in this thread so far (apart from Graylin) thinks there is anything wrong with internal nobling, its necessary - pure and simple.

The only reason this thread exists is that it was split off from the "Worst Players" thread, where Graylin had started making a post listing Grind! players as bad for nobling internally - when 2 of the people he listed have actually taken less internals than he has recently. And then when challenged on this tried to claim that Dannelito was a "War Target".

Now not one of us things there is anything wrong with him nobling Dannelito as an Internal, but equally, I think the only one buying the line that he is a "War Target" is Graylin. - At best he is a stealth internal and as Ebbs said, the sugestion that he isnt is farcical in the extreme.

Personally I find it Ironic that he can criticise others for internal nobling when his own copy sheet is a long way from clear - no matter what he claims ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz65AOjabtM

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I do like you Kris and respect you both as a person and a player. You help the tribe when asked and play the game your way without making excuses or boasting about your uber eliteness. Thus, you are a down to earth, loveable blue haired nubcake :) Dannelito's account was safe and he would log in whenever he needed to in order to help. That is one of the reasons his account wasn't given to someone else. I'm just tired of graylin suggesting he is attacking actual played accounts and whining that they don't attack back.............

DeletedUser79621

I'm sure others agree with Graylin but they are people that are either unknown or aren't listened too ^_^

Forsaken, I don't boast of my uber eliteness because it doesn't exist. I don't even pretend to be good at this game, I'm far from it. As you said, I help when asked and I play my own way... I don't deny there are a lot of people better than me.

DeletedUser

I'm sure others agree with Graylin but they are people that are either unknown or aren't listened too ^_^

Forsaken, I don't boast of my uber eliteness because it doesn't exist. I don't even pretend to be good at this game, I'm far from it. As you said, I help when asked and I play my own way... I don't deny there are a lot of people better than me.

You underestimate yourself. You could hold your own against 90% of the players I've encountered and I'd put money on it.

DeletedUser79621

I don't know about 90%. I would love to prove you right/wrong, if I got a cut of the money ^_^

To keep the comment on topic... My nobling skills improved greatly thanks to members of DSL (Forsaken and Logboss). And because of this I have seen more and more success when taking villages from people. However there are still many people on this world that aren't in my tribe that are better at sniping and such than I am at sending trains.