Nubletty News - Issue #1

teh nub cookie

After many a bored days and evenings in the W44 forums, I decided to create something for the P&P Forums, as promised.

After looking through several forums, I discovered that the series commonly known as the “Tribal Times” (or some other name) tend to be a huge success and provide wide entertainment to the P&P community.

So, I decided to create my own version of the “Tribal Times” for World 44. These forums have been lacking, as often early world forums do, and I want to do something to change that.

I thought hard about our newspaper name, and came up with the "Nubletty News"

There will be updates of the Nubletty News every month, and when time provides, bi-weekly. They will include Articles, Interviews, War Updates, Maps, etc.

Interviewer: Teh Nub Cookie
Article Writer: Shlomzi
Map-Maker: Shlomzi
Editor: Shlomzi

(Shlomzi edited this issue, as I was busy.)

For the next issue, we will have new interviews, new updated Articles, some maps and some we will introduce war updates. Due to how early in the world it is, this issue will not be as big as we first hoped.

This edition, the contents are:

1) Rank 1-10 Map

3) Interview with leader of BAKED

4) Rank 11-20 Map

5) Article on Promising Tribes

6) Promising Tribes Map

7) Contact Information

Rank 1-10 Map

News1.png

Interview - Drunk In The Evening

Teh Nub Cookie: Hi, firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to do the interview. Could you please confirm for us who you are and what tribe, and position you hold in that tribe.

DITE: My name is Drunk In The Evening, duke of Baked, current no.1 tribe in W44.

Teh Nub Cookie: If possible, could you please tell us when you started playing TribalWars, and what world you started in?

DITE: I believe it was 4 years ago, on w17. My name was GanjaMan23 back then.

Teh Nub Cookie: Could you provide us with some examples of the tribes that you held a leadership role in? And what worlds they were present on.

DITE: Thats a good question. I have played many worlds, under many names. A few examples, GanjaMan23, Deadly, Gh0st Rider, DeadlySmurf. On w17, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30, 31, 33, 34, 37, 38, 39, 40, 43 and on 44. I had some tribes, under the names DeadlyAssassins and Smoking.

Teh Nub Cookie: What led you to want to become a leader? What gave you the inspiration to do it?

DITE: I am currently studying to become an English teacher. This is also a form of leading. Of course, my goal is to have mostly fully experienced players, meaning I wont have to teach them. Leading a tribe requires many things, such as Tw knowlegde, charisma, activity etc. In my opinionI posses most, if not all of that.

Teh Nub Cookie: Who, or what, gave you the idea to set up a tribe in World 44?

DITE: I was playing in w43, but didnt like it that much. Me and some guys there started on 44, and got players from many other worlds to join us. Especially Kuwezur and Lost Serenity - they were the founders.

Teh Nub Cookie: Did you have any intention of becoming a dominant force, or did you believe that your tribe could become a dominant force in World 44?

DITE: I had faith in it, yes. Many players from my past and future worlds contacted me about joining. of course, now we have to continue woring hard to stay on the top, as no.1 tribes are a big target.

Teh Nub Cookie: Ok, now we shall move on to your tribe. To start, could you please explain for those who are unaware how BAKED was founded, and a brief history?

DITE: The tribe was founded on w43, as far as I know. I was there with people like Lost and Kuwe, and we decided to come to 44. We have solid leadership. Most people are friends from other worlds, so the rest of the tribe is solid too.

Teh Nub Cookie: Do you believe BAKED has the potential to remain a large power on this world? If so, could you please explain why.

DITE: I certainly believe it does have what it takes to go far. This is not the first tribe ive been in which went to no.1 fast and stayed there for a very long time. We have many very experienced, active members who all know their stuff.

Teh Nub Cookie: Is BAKED currently in any wars, and if so, how are you faring in those wars? Spear warz ftw?

DITE: Of course, we all farm non stop. Meaning we piss off many tribes. At this stage, small battles cant be called a war. So no.

Teh Nub Cookie: Now, we move on to your opinions. How do you feel about World 44 currently? Does it disappoint you or what are your feelings towards it?

DITE: So far, I like the world a lot. It is pretty fast. I play the speed world every now and then, and simply love it. I have quit 43, because of the speed, and have joined here, and im happy I did.

Teh Nub Cookie: In your opinion, who would YOU class as the most promising tribe on World 44, and why?

DITE: I assume picking mine would be arrogant, and I dont consider myself to be that. I would have to say CoFfEe looks good. I have seen their leaders on previous worlds, and know some of their members. I am sure they will go far.

Teh Nub Cookie: If you had one wish for World 44, to boost yours and your tribes enjoyment, what would it be?

DITE: Set the world speed faster and lets get nobling.

Teh Nub Cookie: How do you believe this world will progress and how would you like it to progress?

DITE: I honestly dont know. Its still early, tribes will come and go. What I would like is of course for Baked to continue its course, and stay on top.

Teh Nub Cookie: On a final note, is there anything you would like to say to the World 44 P&Pers?

DITE: I havent seen many yet, but I saw you saying on the forum you were planning on making one. Maybe you have already, if so, let me know.

Teh Nub Cookie: Thanks for taking time to speak to the W44 Record.

DITE: No problem.

Rank 11-20 Map

News2.png

Article - Promising Tribes

In every world there are promising tribes, those tribes that stand out from the rest and are admired and respected by the public. This world is no different, we have our fair share of “promising tribes”, although only time will tell if this potential will turn into a reality.

Nonetheless, in this article I will be examining five of the promising tribes in W44 – taking into account the following factors:

(i) Members / Leadership
(ii) ODA / ODD
(iii) Spread / Geography compared to other tribes
(iv) Growth rate / Tribe changes
(v) PnP presence

So, let’s get started.

NUBS:

NUBS TWStats

We can see immediately that NUBS is a rather small tribe - with a mere 25 members. The majority of these members came from the pre-made, and NUBS has dropped drastically in members over recent days. Quite a few of the members in NUBS are well known figures in the TW community, and as such one could conclude that NUBS has a solid member base.

In regards to the leadership, NUBS is led by Teh Nub Cookie - a well known leader from previous worlds. However, that being said, it is yet to be seen whether he will be able to live up to all the hype that is generated mainly because of his forum presence. Only time will tell - although, again, one could conclude that the leadership is fairly solid.

NUBS are currently ranked 21 in the world (at the time of writing) yet they hold rank 3 in ODA, which would suggest that they are a fairly aggressive bunch - however, it would also suggest that they may possibly be wasting troops needlessly. When it comes to ODD, they are ranked 29 which would suggest that although they aren't being heavily attacked - they havn't exactly had a smooth ride either. Again, at this early stage, only time will tell whether these statistics mean anything.

NUBS spread is quite good - with members close enough for support and to cluster up, but far enough apart to not hinder each other's farming or take away from possible targets. In regards to their location - it is quite a contested one. They share K44 with CoFfEe, who will no doubt be a huge challenge to NUBS - we will see soon enough whether it turns into a skirmish between the tribes, a war, or diplomacy. It will be quite an interesting area anyway, whatever happens - and a challenging one for sure for NUBS.

NUBS growth rate has been average - it is neither impressive nor disappointing. Their tribe changes are quite large - almost 3x their current member count - but this is mainly due to the recent mass-dismissal that was conducted.

Overall, I think NUBS is a decent tribe with a lot of potential - however, as we all know, often in TribalWars, that potential is not realised - we cannot say for certain yet whether NUBS will be the same.

Glamor:

Glamor TWStats

Honestly, I know very little about this tribe. However, I will base what I say in this piece about what I do know about them. Firstly, we see their member count - again, it's extremely low and they are a good rank for it (rank 22 at the time of writing.) Their members are all growing rather quickly, and dominating their areas which would suggest that they know what they are doing. In regards to their leadership, I honestly cannot comment.

In regards to ODA, they sit at rank 23 which would suggest that although they are aggressive, they are not overly so - but it would also suggest that they are conserving their troops. With ODD, it's completely different - they sit at rank 143 which would imply that they really have not been attacked much at all.

Their spread is actually quite good. Situated in K45, they are, again, like NUBS in that they aren't too far to support or cluster up, but far enough apart to be able to grow quickly and independently farm their areas. In relation to other tribes and competition, they really aren't in that competitive of an area. They should be able to dominate their continent quite easily, I would imagine.

Their growth, as mentioned earlier has been good, especially for their size. They have 32 tribe changes, for 22 members - which would suggest their recruitment is quite tight and the loyalty and dedication is fairly decent. In regards to their PnP presence, well, from what I can see, they have none.

Overall, they seem to be a fairly good tribe with a bright future ahead of them.

CoFfEe:

CoFfEe TWStats

Contrasting to the two previous tribes we have studied, CoFfEe has quite a large member base - almost having their tribe maxed out. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, however. CoFfEe started off quite small, but over the past few days have jumped considerably in their member count. CoFfEe are a premade and have quite a solid member-base - with quite a lot of their members being well known figures and having played together before, know each other's strengths and weaknesses.

In regards to their leadership, they are led by AusKilla and Destructo Girl. Aus is quite a controversial character, one could say. However, he is a decent leader and has experience and he has led this group of people before - so that does give him a slight advantage. Only time will tell whether he will lead them to long term success this time around. However, it is clear that CoFfEe do have a good member base, and good leadership.

CoFfEe are currently ranked 2 in the world and are sitting at rank 2 ODA also - which would suggest that they are quite an aggressive tribe, and due to their member count one could conclude that they arent needlessly wasting troops, their ODA is just higher as a result. Interestingly, they sit at rank 10 for ODD which would suggest they have been getting hit quite a lot - whether this is making an impact or not is yet to be seen.

CoFfEe's spread is, I think, quite brilliant. They are spread over K43.44 and K34 mainly - with enough members in each continent to dominate it. In regards to competition - they have two main competitors in K44, those being BROKEN and NUBS. Whether CoFfEe can actually solidify their control over this continent, we will see in time. When it comes to K34, their main competition would be !zAp! but one would imagine CoFfEe would be able to handle them - and they really have no competition in K43. If CoFfEe manage to take K44 and K34, I think it is safe to say they'll be here for quite some time to come.

CoFfEe's growth has been outstanding - although mainly due to their recruitment recently. Their tribal changes count is again about 1.5x the size of their member base, which isn't too bad - but it would suggest that they have loyal members who are active.

In conclusion, I think it is clear that CoFfEe really do have everything that is needed to make a long term successful tribe, but we cannot know whether they will succeed in doing so or not.

PG13:

PG13 TWStats

Again, surprise surprise, another pre-made as a promising tribe. Again, as with the other aforementioned tribes, they have some fairly well known figures in their tribe. They have a relatively small member count, filling up about half of their tribe, and sitting at rank 35 that isnt bad. They have never really had a huge influx of players after their original group, so they really are staying true to the term "pre-made", so to speak.

Again, in regards to their leadership I do not know them. One of their leaders (Mason, to be precise) does appear to have quite some experience in long-term game survival considering his W13 experience. However, that being said, I think it is clear that if they could get some of the players they have in that tribe, well, they aren't crap, that's for sure.

In regards to ODA, they sit at rank 8 - which is quite impressive. However, as with NUBS, due to their low member count, it would suggest that perhaps they are needlessly sacrificing troops. Nonethesless, still an impressive rank to achieve! With ODD, they sit at, perhaps more interestingly, rank 6 - which would suggest they are actually under quite heavy fire from their surrounding neighbours. Will their aggressive behaviour be enough to win out? Only time will tell.

In regards to their spread, I suppose one could say it is...interesting. They are spread over 4 continents - namely K53/54/63/64 - with less than 40 members. Personally I don't think this will work due to the competition in their areas, but, perhaps they will prove me wrong. I think that they do have a rather tough area - contending with both DoctoR and P!NG - but I wonder, will they be able to overcome these challenges? If so, the South West is theirs for the taking.

Compared to some of the other "promising tribes" listed, they actually have quite a decent forum presence. Not too attention whoring, but making sure they are seen.

Overall, I think this is a good tribe - however, I think that their spread will be their hammertia.

DoctoR:

DoctoR TWStatsp

Yet again...another pre-made. However, these guys are actually recruiting in the world too (as most pre-mades do). In this tribe, I actually know some of their members so can categorically comment - about bloody time. They aren't necessarily the most skilled players, but they do know what they are doing, they are dedicated, loyal and basically as a tribe, they have a solid member base that could take them far.

In regards to their leadership - they are certainly up to the task. I know Chase X and know that the leadership is strong, therefore.

When it comes to ODA, they sit at a rather low rank 25 (quite low considering they are rank 8 in tribes.) However, at this early stage one cannot conclude whether that is because they don't have the troops, or because they are conserving them. I guess, we shall see in time to come. When it comes to ODD, they sit at rank 263 - with almost no ODD at all. This would suggest that up until now, they've had quite an easy ride.

When it comes to spread, well, personally I think it is quite good. If we look at it, we see that they have 46 members spread over mainly 2 continents - which clearly leaves enough space in each continent for growth, but also enough members there for easy domination. Will they do it though? Probably, but they may prove me wrong - due to the competition in their area, which mainly consists of PG13.

Again, they have a fairly decent PnP presence - mainly in the form of Chase X.

Overall, I think this is one of the most promising tribes, but as is often a curse with promising tribes, they may not reach their potential.

Promising Tribes Map

News3.png

Contact Information

Article Ideas: Contact Shlomzi via PM if you have any ideas for new articles.

War Updates: Contact Shlomzi on forums. Give him all necessary information such as an unbiased summary of the war, who is at war and so on.

Interviews: Contact Teh Nub Cookie if you wish to have an interview with him. All interviews will be included on their respective issues.

Maps: If you have any special map requests for issues - please contact Shlomzi. Each issue will have four maps - Rank 1-10, Rank 11-20, War Maps and a Map to link in with the Article.

Well, that concludes our first issue of the “Nubletty News”. I hope that you enjoyed reading it and will read the next issue.

Any criticism or compliments, or ideas are welcomed and will be taken on board.

I would like to thank everyone who participated in the making of this. A special thanks to our mapmaker - Shlomzi - and to DITE who took time out to do an interview for our first issue.

-Nub

Note: The maps were made on the 06/12/09 - so may not be exact.

DeletedUser

Very nice! You can never go amiss with projects like these.

Keep it up ;)

*cough* but you should have some stats, I'm sure someone around here would make some *cough*

Shlomzi

Very nice! You can never go amiss with projects like these.

Keep it up ;)

*cough* but you should have some stats, I'm sure someone around here would make some *cough*

Contact me in mail. Ill talk to you about it :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I like it. IN a few weeks as the world progresses I can always help with articles. ON W24 I was the article writer there.

DeletedUser

It was a good read indeed :)

It's also great that you make it monthly. Seen way to many papers intended to be done weekly or bi-weekly, collapse after the 2nd issue.

Btw. Shlomzi, if you got any map-jobs then I'd be interested to assist you :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Good article. :)

With your assessement on the main threat to Coffee in K34 being !zap!, I would have to disagree. !zap! have no members in the top 60 of the continent, and have an average of 524 points per member in K34. ( not to mention Coffee have 22 members against !zap!'s 16)

As I stated before I believe Coffee will dominate K34 quite easily. :icon_smile:

DeletedUser72782

Awesome job :) Cant wait for the next one after nobling has begun :)

DeletedUser

My Ex family comic didn't make it in :icon_cry:

btw, sorry about the other one, work load piled up too high for comics this week Nub

DeletedUser

nice one. Another problem with PG13 is that world 13 may get in the way for some of us but i have no life and time to do both :p

nasme

Nice, but If I were you I'd have a seperate thread made to discuss it, so that you can keep tract of all the articles,
I play W27, were they have something like it, that has a good format,
(having it in a spoiler makes it easier to scroll through the page)

DeletedUser72782

Nice, but If I were you I'd have a seperate thread made to discuss it, so that you can keep tract of all the articles,
I play W27, were they have something like it, that has a good format,

Just edit the original post, and put the one thats up now into a spoiler at the bottom :p

Just as easy, and much more neat :)

DeletedUser

Very nice i like the set up and everything best of luck with the next one i bet it will be as good as this one.

DeletedUser

Decent read. Good luck on continuing to produce issues with what seems like only 2 people working on this project.