ODA. A waste of troops or a necessity?

smivers

harhar

well me 'aves t' agree with that, differant methods can be correct thar be nay one single RIGHT way t' do things. Some folks even intentionally leave some vills 'round'em t' grow so that they noble'em down th' road.

fer me, th' fun starts when cats be in queue

Cats be in the que around about nar for meh!

DeletedUser

oooh so very lucky, i'll get thar soon as well tho... would be disappointed if'n me wont find anyone t' use'em on
xxxk0.gif

DeletedUser

me knows a scallywag, called'm self a w2 veteran, but he uses explorer t' TW...

MetalFist

ODA makes me feel cool....

Naw early on ODA whoring is kinda stupid, but when you can handle losing massive ammounts of troops in pursuit of clearing enemies its completely awesome :p

DeletedUser

Don't try to argue with him. He doesn't undertand most of what your saying so you'll get a lot of 'huns' or 'chumps'. Really leading you to state yourself over and over and he will still not really grasp what you are saying. Best to leave the simple to them selves.

(nobs)

So true :icon_confused:.

DeletedUser54636

I never attack just to get OD points. I attack to create farms, or to conquer. That's it.

Having said that, I will occasionally attack someone who I know is going to inflict a large number of casualties on my attack IF there is a long-term benefit. Sometimes you can cripple an entire tribe full of noobs by decapitating their highest-point member. Other times, it just makes sense to kill off a guy with a big defense force so he can't support his tribemates (your farms) anymore.

Knowing that attack troops are faster to replace than defense troops helps make the sacrifice a little easier to swallow.

Ripfin

All I know is I've killed more troops attacking people then I have points so :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

I never attack just to get OD points. I attack to create farms, or to conquer. That's it.

Having said that, I will occasionally attack someone who I know is going to inflict a large number of casualties on my attack IF there is a long-term benefit. Sometimes you can cripple an entire tribe full of noobs by decapitating their highest-point member. Other times, it just makes sense to kill off a guy with a big defense force so he can't support his tribemates (your farms) anymore.

Knowing that attack troops are faster to replace than defense troops helps make the sacrifice a little easier to swallow.

I'm agree with your statement. I'm the same kind of player not going only for ODA but when I need it. I will also try to attack some of my surroundings when the BP is over just to cripple them and been able to get some advantage while they rebuild troops. Then just make farms of some of them.